Chapter 5: Dinner

To our own spring day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung's POV

I sat down in one of the desks while crossing my arms as I stare at him. I may look calm on the outside but on the inside i'm really fuming with anger. Can this guy get any rude? I just got here and he wants me outside already. Hah excuse me mr. prosecutor i don't want to be your bodyguard either so if you're thinking that I like it here well I don't. I would've gotten outside when you opened the door for me

"So explain" he said while sitting partially on the desk in front of me. He rested both of his hand inside his pockets and tried to focus his attention on me.

I took a deep sigh before locking my gaze at him as I start explaining. "Okay so your boss or whatever informed the national intelligence about the cases that you handle and the threats that you receive. As your boss want to ensure your safety the national intelligence deployed some of our agents inside your firm to easily communicate. As you might see that there's a lot of security now"

"Wait. So you're trying to say that some of people like you disguised as our own security?"

"exactly. and they wanted someone to be your own bodyguard so that when you're outside or anything someone will accompany you and not let the securities follow you around all day."

He smirked and let out a soft chuckle while bowing his head. "Kim Seokjin really". I looked at him in confusion as I'm trying to figure out what he whispered. Might be a diss for me or something. 

"Okay I get it. but what i'm curious about is why is it have to be you? I mean.....a girl"

"Excuse me mr jeon jungkook i don't want this job either but i was forced to do so. and besides i can protect you more than you can protect yourself." I said while rolling my eyes in annoyance while giving him a death glare.

"Oh really?" he said with a smile while walking slowly towards me as I am leaning back also slowly. W-wait w-why is this guy coming closer to me? I swear I will punch this guy in the face if he tries to touch me.

"Well okay then. I just don't want any trouble. So-" before he could try to reach out his hand on me I quickly grabbed it and twisted his hand as his body followed the movement of his arms. Groaning in pain as I locked his fingers inside my hand pinning him down. Unexpectedly, he tried to grab my arm and pushed me to his other side as I fall down slowly before closing my eyes anticipating my impact on the ground. But after a few seconds I tried to open my eyes slightly to see that I didn't fall on the ground. But rather I was in his arms as he tried to catch me with our faces close enough for the tip of our nose to touch each other

 

My heart was suddenly beating fast as we are so close. I could stare perfectly at his defined nose and eyes that can quickly melt anyone with his sharp gaze. his jawline that I had an urge to trace my fingetips on it. Before snapping out of my trance he started speaking in a low and airy voice. "You're quite a fighter chaeyoung. I was only trying to pat your shoulder yet you attacked me." he said innocently. I was in a state of shock not knowing what to say. I just cleared my throat and slightly opening my mouth trying to just blurt out anything.

"I-.. uh.. thought you're going t-to do s-something"

"As if chaeyoung. Loosen up. you were so serious earlier and now you look innocent. That's not good when there are men with guns in front of you"

"I- I'm not!"

He carried me upwards until I stood up straight and he looked at me resting both of his hands on my shoulders. Why am I so speechless? Like I just feel his vibe is so light and I don't know I want to talk to him more. But i can't since I'm so speechless. "Welcome to Hwang Dae Law Firm chaeyoung. I'm prosecutor jungkook. nice meeting you" he said professionaly but with a smile. Ah he's cuter than what I expected him to be. I whispered to myself.

"Y-yes nice meeting you too"

He went on his desk and sat at his office chair while looking at me. "so do you want anything? coffee? tea? juice? something to eat? you must've been hungry you're here early in the morning"

"n-no i'm fine i'm full. coffee would be fine" I said while trying to compose myself and fixed my hair from the fall earlier and tried to walk to his direction.

he walked at the refrigerator in the corner of his office and handed me a can of coffee. I accepted it gladly and opened it before sipping on it. "Apologies if I can only offer you a can of coffee. You see we're so busy at times that everything here is instant so we have a lot of ramyun here. you can eat if you like"

"no it's fine this is more than okay thank you"

 

As I try to make my second sip of coffee a loud man with a guy behind him entered the office. "GOOOODDD MORRRNING TO THE WORLD"

"Goddamn taehyung you're so noisy keep it down"

I shifted my gaze over him and there he was. Taehyung and Jimin entered the office together with a coffee on their hands. Seriously this men look like professionals wearing their suits and all. I gave them a smile and waved my hand at them. "Good morning too boys" I said cheerfully

"woooaaahh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter