Chapter 4: Our first meeting

To our own spring day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung's POV

fingerprint scanning.....

 

fingerprint recognized...

 

unlocked. welcome!

 

I walked down the lobby of our headquarters still wearing the clothes that I wore earlier. I didn't bother changing clothes since it's out of my work hours so I guess they don't need me to show up in my corporal attire. I greeted my fellow staff while going straight to the meeting room only to realize that there's a few of my fellow agents sitting there with a laptop on their laps typing. Um is there a meeting? Why am I not informed?

"Ah Ms. Chaeyoung glad you're here. Please sit down" our boss said and I nodded in agreement. I sat down at one of the vacant chairs while the lights are dimmed only the light coming from the projector were visible as I am staring at the presentation. Is this another mission? But why is jennie not coming over? is she not informed? I don't feel good about this it feels sketchy.

I leaned back at my chair and crossed my arms while crossing my legs as well. "Okay so to recap since ms chaeyoung is here. We've discovered an underground business that has been active for the past years yet they are not being discovered because they have been disguising."

A couple of large businesses has been shown on the presentation and my brain can't process all of this yet because i don't find anything wrong. Some known businesses are shown as well and I can't help but to just stare at it. "These are some of the large businesses that are known here in korea. To name a few which are investment companies, medicine distributors, food and beverage companies and etc. Now, we received a report that these businesses have been doing underground drug businesses. The name of their companies and what they do are just a disguise to smoothly process and distribute drugs. For example, a food and beverage company will look like they deliver food right? Inside those cans or packages of food are actually drugs. If you've been wondering why aren't they being inspected. Since those are packaged already securities can't really open them since they are being "sold" in the "market".

Holy whoever is the mastermind of all of these must've planned this thoroughly. It's not sketchy and it's really a nice idea to do that. I bet he's a multimillionaire since he has been building companies that might've cost around millions of dollars yet the only thing they do inside those companies are to distribute drugs. What an investment. 

I continued on listening when our boss showed the Hwang dae law firm building. Hey isn't that the law firm where jimin and taehyung works? Why are they mentioned? Are they working for the sindicates? I suddenly felt my heart race as I try to compromise what kind of involvement does that law firm has with the underground business of drugs. I want to ask dozens of questions but i know that it will be stupid so I just continued on listening. Let's see what we might discover.

"A prosecutor inside this law firm has been assigned to handle cases that are somewhat related to the underground scene. He put some of those underground men behind bars but unfortunately he has been receiving death threats lately. And also a couple days ago we received a report that a man was carrying a rifle and tried to kill or atleast shot the prosecutor. The building that he entered is close enough on where the prosecutor lives. Fortunately, the prosecutor wasn't shot but the man ran away and was nowhere to be found. however he left his rifle and that is being used for further investigations"

 

I couldn't believe what I just heard. So the man that I saw a couple days ago was trying to kill a prosecutor? I suddenly sit straight trying to tell my boss that I happen to see the man personally and saw him how he tried to kill that prosecutor. I was suppposed to open my mouth when our boss suddenly speaked again and facing towards me. His eyes were locked on mine while I remain a confused and shocked expression still stunned on my seat slowly realizing that this is all about.

"The ceo of that law firm personally contacted us and requested security for the prosecutor. Some of you will be assigned to be part of the law firm's security team so that we have easy contact rather than having to communicate with their security team. The ceo also requested a personal security for the prosecutor as he has been receiving death threats quite often lately and he would like to ensure his employee's safety. And I entrust this mission to you."

 

"Park Chaeyoung"

 

He faced towards me while the rest are looking at my direction. Normally, I would be more than happy to serve but this is just...I don't know plain stupid? I felt anger and disappointment all over me and I want to reject this mission so bad. I didn't spend all of those years in training just to be someone's stupid bodyguard. And also why me? There are a lot of agents out there that are more capable than me but why is it have to be me? First I was flooded with reports and now this? Ugh i'm starting to regret that I came over here instead

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter