The Investigation

Well done partner!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo was seated at his desk concentrated in the reports Yixing had given him. It has been two days since their visit to the forensic lab. And Kyungsoo received a file of all the reports. Including the dead bodies' anatomy reports and reports of the ring that was tested as well. 

As per the reports, the ring which has an embedded A on it, was found to have a fingerprint on it. Not only that, it also had a dried blood mark on the inside of it,which was not visible with bare eyes. And Yixing had been a tremendous help as he had scanned the fingerprints and blood DNA. And had sent it to Kyungsoo along with the other reports.  And the file also contained the other detailed reports of the dead bodies. All in all, Yixing's work had created the concrete base to start up their investigation.

Kyungsoo was almost done with going through the reports when his "Partner" dashed in and slumped in the chair beside making a screeching noise by it. Kyungsoo 's face scrunched by the noise and he groaned as he was disturbed and distracted from his work. He glared at Chanyeol not wanting to hide his discomfort and neither did Chanyeol cared.

"Sorry I'm a bit late today.", Chanyeol apologised goofily. Ignoring Kyungsoo's glare and sporting his famous teethed smile at him. 

God knows how much he wanted to rip that grin off of this joker's face. Initially, Kyungsoo wanted to get back at him or snide a remark. But he restrained himself as he has important things to do at hands. Instead, he thought he should take some work  from the Yoda. If not anything, he should atleast gets to know the height of his so called partner's dumbness. And also he will get some moments to work peacefully. So he stretched out the scanned fingerprints and DNA reports out to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol looked confusingly, "What's this?"  he asked eyeing the papers.

"These are the fingerprints and DNA reports which were found on the ring I found that day on crime scene. I need you to go through the database records and see if any of them matches with the reports." Kyungsoo answered.

Chanyeol looked shockingly at the other. It was the first time he had given him a proper task to do and not something petty like making copies of the papers or bringing him coffee, nothing of that sort. That to without him pestering the other for it. He was surprised and happy,but still confirmed.

"You are actually taking my assistance with the case?Why so sudden ? You're not trying to pull some trick on me, are you?

"No I'm not! I am doing this because I figured the only way to keep you away is to keep you occupied. And since you're not ready to leave me alone, I might take advantage of you being here. But if you don't want this then I can do it myself" Kyungsoo reached out to take the file.

"NO!NO! I'll do it. It's not a problem" Chanyeol said hurriedly, beaming.

"Good! Go grab yourself a desktop and do your work." Kyungsoo dismissed. Chanyeol too headed to work.

It was almost near to two hours when Chanyeol had gone through the records in the database, hoping to find something out of it. Well his hardwork was not totally fruitless. He did found something. So he went to Kyungsoo to share the information instantly.

Kyungsoo looked up

Please log in to read the full chapter