The circle

Well done partner!
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next day, Kyungsoo got the list of all the already or possible surgeons in the town. The list was four pages long. So he got Chanyeol to gather the information of them from their records. To match their details, if any, and cut down the list short if necessary. 

Now that he got his 'Partner' occupied, kyungsoo was free for a few good hour(s). That Yoda wasn't going to create him problems. He took the phone to  the technical department. When before he tried to search for any information from that device it didn't started. Seeing it's poor condition, it seemed like it was damaged. So he needed to hand it over to their 'tech guru'.

Kyungsoo walked up to the said person and was immediately greeted by one of them.

"Hi Kyungsoo! How are you?" Minseok asked.

"I am good! How are you? And you Luhan?"

"We are as good as always buddy." Luhan replied for both of them. 

Luhan and Minseok were both good with handling technical stuff like this. They were even great at their hacking skills. So they were named as'Tech Guru' in the department. Although, they were mostly associated with the cyber crimes. They were asked for assistance now and then for other cases too. Like now.

"I am a bit angry at you Kyungsoo. Even though we work  in the same building we barely get to see you. Does it take that much efforts to visit your friends?" Minseok asked pouting and Luhan agreed nodding.

"Sorry guys! I just am too occupied so can't make it to meet you up." Kyungsoo apologised.

"Fine. What brings you here now?"

Kyungsoo took out the device and placed it on the desk." This is one of the victim's from my current murder case.I need you to retrieve all the information from it as it is damaged and is not working. Whatever information you get from it-contacts, photos, gallery anything. I would be needing  that. I already asked for the call records from the telecomepany she used services of. Also, I want her social media details. Hack her accounts if she had any. Do inform me if you find anything out of place or suspicious. Got it!"

Luhan nodded," sure! We'll do it without a problem."

"How much time you think you guys need for that."

"Give us two days max. We'll get back to you." Minseok answered this time.

"Fine. I'll get back to my desk. You guys continue with your work. Bye!"

Kyungsoo was about to leave when they called for his attention again.

"Oh btw, we almost forgot. How is your partner Kyungsoo?" Both of them asked teasingly.

Everyone knew Kyungsoo's nature of working alone, so even both them were aware.  They knew he wasn't liking it so they purposely asked to annoy him.

Kyungsoo answered irratedly," I don't know and I don't ing care how is that ."

"Oh don't be so rude Kyungsoo. It's not his fault that he was assigned with you. If anything, I pity that poor soul to have your wrath upon him. I know how you are when it comes to people you dislike." Minseok empathised.

"You wouldn't be saying this if you were the one in my shoes. That giraffe with Yoda ears gives me one hell of a time. He knows exactly how to get on my nerves. What's worse he can't stand dead  bodies and surprisingly he was assigned at one of that case. Just great! So I am left to do the main stuff." He finished with an angry huff.

"I am sure he is not that bad as you make him look like. He might be of some assistance. You are being unfair to him by wrenching him with your unreasonable anger. Be a little considerate to him and I am sure all this partner thing won't be so hard for you. I mean just look at us."

"Yeah whatever! I am going to ignore you guys and get back to work."

With that he left.

 

When kyungsoo returned to his desk, Chanyeol was sitting there on the spare chair, using his phone.

"What are you doing wasting your time? Have you done the work I told you to?"

"Yeah I did!"   "So?"

Chanyeol sighed, " I got nothing out of it. No records matched, with our criminal records at least. But I did cut off the unnecessary names from the list though. Here!"

Chanyeol handed him the list and explained further, "I had removed the names of those who are reputed in their work, have a clean record and also those who had just started their practice or internship under some surgeon. Now only thirty names are remaining in it. I don't think we will have problem investigating about them. Almost twenty are students preparing for it, or interns."

Kyungsoo hummed at his work. He was actually impressed with it. The four pages list was reduced to only nearly one page. It will save so much time and efforts. Maybe Minseok and Luhan were right. Maybe this person wasn't so bad after all.

"Hmm! So now that you are done with this I am gonna go back to work. While i want you to go at the laboratory and to handover Yixing that necklace I retrieved from the red light area. Then you are free for today to go home. Collect that on your way from where the exhibits are kept. Go!"

"No way! I am not going to go over that hell. You do that yourself."

Kyungsoo raised one eyebrow while clenching his jaw. Then he spoke tightly, "Care to explain why? Weren't you the one who begged me to give you work? So what happened now Partner?" Kyungsoo almost spat the word while finishing.

"You know I can't bare that God awful place lined with dead bodies and smell which makes me puke. Don't you remember what happened last time i was there? Geez! You have memory of an old man." He finished with shaking his head.

Please log in to read the full chapter