Dusk Till Dawn

Dusk till Dawn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'll still choose to be with you 

from dusk till dawn."

 

 

Park Jimin & Jeon Jungkook 

Epilogue Part One

 

 

 

 

 

 

"JK didn't want to let you this know but he badly needs someone right now. He needs you Jimin."

ー Jimin was still shocked by what he found out from Jungkook's older sister, Minah noona.

 

 

He plopped down on his bed and raked his light pink hair. Why are you like this, Jeon? Why do you always keep your problems all by yourself? 

 

He clutched his eyes close, pursing his lips, he got out from the bed and quickly change his clothes. He took his coat and run downstairs.

 

"Hyung, where are you going?"

Jimin looked at his nine-year-old brother who is busily working on his project at the living room. 

 

"Tell mom and dad that I will be sleeping over at Jungkook's."

After that, he dashed outside running from blocks to blocks. He didn't even bother to take a cab, his heartbeats race with the speed of his dash, the cold wind hitting his face and his surrounding totally become hazy and so do the sounds. 

 

The only thing on his mind right now is Jungkook. That bastard, how could he keep a secret from his own best friend?

 

Jimin started to count in his mind, he puffed some air and cold mist went out his mouth. The cold crippling to his windbreaker but he didn't mind.

 

 

 

"One."

 

 

"Hey Kook, look at this."

Jimin pulled Jungkook's collar and made him face a big elite school which they had passed by. 

 

"What about that, Chim?"

Jungkook who's confused scratched the back of his head. 

 

"I wanna enter this school. Let's enroll in this school together!"

The shorter lad smiled ecstatically as he watched the big building in delight from the outside.  

 

From seeing his delighted friend, Jungkook also smiled and draped his arm over his shoulders. 

 

"Of course, Chim. We'll both enter that high school. We'll make more memories together and let's make it all lasts and wonderful."

 

 

 

"Two."

 

 

 

Jimin unlocked the door of their house, he slips off his shoes and dusts it off. He reached for the lights and open itー but then a noise startled him causing him to stepped backward and leaned his back at the door.

 

"Happy 15th Birthday Chim!!!"

He was having a bad day and his dance coach scolded him for not getting the steps right, he was unlucky at his own birthday, but with a sudden event came up to him making his mood lighten as he stared at Jungkook having a wide warm smile at him. 

 

He was holding a white strawberry cake with candles on top of it. He can't help but laugh his little tears away.

 

"Happy birthday, Jimin."

His mom and dad went to him and hugged him tightly, making him chuckle. 

 

"Hyung, you're getting old."

He looked at his younger brother and messed his hair. 

 

"Aish, this brat."

He pulled his brother and hug him also. But then, his attention went to his best friend. 

 

"This may sound so gay Chim but you know that I'm always here for you right? Let's still be with each other until we get gray hair and little kookie and chimmy running at our backyards calling us 'grandfather'."

Jungkook sniffed and laughed at his cheesy remark. He harshly wiped the single tear that escaped to his eyes and gestured Jimin to blow the candle. 

 

Jimin went to him and ruffled his hair first before closing his eyes to make a wish then blew the candle afterward.

 

"Yes, kook. We'll be with each other from dusk till dawn, from fifteen to seventy or even graveyards to heaven."

 

The youngest cringed from what his 'hyungs' saying to each other.

 

"Gays."

He sassily said to them.

 

 

 

"Three."

 

 

 

Jungkook and Jimin take their time walking the halls. Students look at them with full admiration in their eyes, Jungkook being a member of the varsity team and Jimin who's a top-notch student, earned good feedbacks with their fellow students. 

 

"I'm thinking of having a part-time job."

Jungkook spun the ball on his index finger as he nonchalantly said his thoughts at his best friend.

 

"Why? Your allowance is bigger than mine, Kook."

Jimin shrugged his shoulders and put his two hands in his pockets. 

 

"Home is boring. I'm always alone in that big house you know?"

The shorter lad stopped from walking and Jungkook raised his brow at Jimin. 

 

"Let's find a part-time job together then."

Jungkook grinned, as he jumped and dribble the ball from too much excitement. Jimin only laughed at his silly acts. 

 

"Yes! Thank you, Chim!!!"

But then Jungkook accidentally push someone on his back. Jimin with his fast reflexes rushed towards the student.

 

"Awー ouch."

The girl had slumped her bottom on the polished floor. Jimin quickly helped her to stand up.

 

"Are you okay?"

He asked and looked at the girl. Their eyes met and when they realized the close proximity to each other, they looked away. 

 

"I-I'm sorry."

Jimin cleared his throat. 

 

It's her.

 

"I-it's okay, J-jimin ssi."

The girl blushed hard. 

 

It's him.

 

"What's happening?"

Jungkook suddenly went to them and the girl glanced at Jimin once more before she ran. Away from both guys. 

 

"What was that?"

Jungkook asked Jimin confusedly, the latter look away blushing. 

 

"You bumped, Lisa."

 

 

 

"Four."

 

 

 

Jimin watched a certain girl distributing flyers to her co-students in front of their club booth. 

 

Her smile was the prettiest of all smiles he had seen in his whole existence. She looked adorable with her cheeks puffing up as she politely talks to the students who accept the flyer. 

 

Jimin likes her. 

 

"Chim? What club do you want to enter this year?"

Jimin shifted his attention to the person beside him. 

 

"I'm still thinking about it, you?"

He asked Jungkook and the latter grinned. 

 

"Of course, I'll stay loyal to my basketball club."

They are now sophomores and he watched Jungkook being excited again. 

 

"Why did I still ask?"

He shakes his head and Jungkook laughed at him. 

 

"But it's more fun when we're both at the same club though."

Jimin smiled and pulled Jungkook close to him to slumped his arm at his best friend's shoulders.  

 

"Don't get attached, Kook. I'm straight."

 

"Yah! Get off, I didn't mean that way."

This time Jimin was the one who laughed, taking his arm off on Jungkook's shoulders. 

 

"I know, I'm joking."

 

 

 

"Five."

 

 

 

"Why are we here, Kook?"

Jimin looked at his surrounding as he opened his arms wide, feeling the fresh air of the lake. 

 

"I kinda miss this place, remember when we were still kids? We used to play here."

Jungkook sat on the grassy ground and Jimin followed him, slumping next to his best friend.

 

"What's the matter?"

Jimin nudged him. Between the two of them? Jimin is the positive one, while Jungkook is not that fond of life. 

 

"My parents."

 

"What about them?"

Jimin is a good listener and speaks the best advice too. That's why Jungkook is lucky to have a friend like him. He is way too kind for his own good.

 

"They don't like me to continue varsity, they wanted me to pursue medicine this coming college. They want a good grade, Chim."

Jungkook sighed as he laid his back on the grassy ground.

 

"They want me to be like them, but I don't want to be like them Jimin."

 

"I have my own dreams. Why would they always control my life? They aren't even here for goodness sake! Can't I have my freedom? But it's my life. I should be the one who's holding it and not them."

Jimin looked at the lilac sky, the sun setting down as it meets the horizon. The lake reflected the beauty of the sunset. Jimin heaved a deep breath as he also laid beside Jungkook. 

 

"You know what Kook? They are still your parents, they love you truly, and don't ever doubt that. Explain it to them, all the things that wanted to come out from your heart, I know they would listen and eventually they will soon understand."

Jungkook hummed, Jimin turned his head to look at his best friend. Jungkook's eyes were closed and Jimin knows that he's only doing that to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter