Day

Dusk till Dawn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"When someone else's happiness is your happiness, that is love."

ー Lana del ray

 

 

Chapter 4

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's been 2 weeks since the school festival has ended. Everything were again back to normal. 

 

Some students are still early as ever, some are dozing off at their seats, some are busy copying their seat mate's homework, some are doodling at their notebooks, some are secretly eating while the teacher is having a lecture at the front, but with Lisa? She's running really late for her first class, and Jimin who is not paying attention at their teacher at all, he is busy playing games at his phone. 

 

He find History boring. Urgh, so much for a monday morning. 

 

 

It's also been 2 weeks since Jeon Jungkook stopped attending school. The teachers and his classmates last saw him at the School Festival but after that? He never come to school again.

 

Jimin yawned as he was about to turn his phone off to lay his head down at his table when he heard the classroom sliding door opened in a loud thud. 

 

There he saw, the familiar blonde girl panting for her life as her hands were on her knees.

 

"Care to explain, why you are late Ms. Manoban?"

Lisa looked up to see their History teacher fiercely glaring at her. She cheekily gave her a awkward smile and when she realized that it made the teacher look more mad, she straightened her composure as she said her reason honestly. 

 

"I'm sorry, sir. I overslept."

Her gaze facing the floor in shame as all of her classmates eyes were on her. 

 

"I do not accept this kind of act to my class, Ms. Manoban. One more time and I'll give you detention immediately as I also won't allow you to enter my class with you being 30 minutes late."

 Lisa can only nod to his teacher's sermon. 

 

"Yes, sir."

She mumbled, still her head was bowed down. 

 

"Okay, now go to your seat."

Lisa immediately went to her seat, sighing in relief. Thank goodness she won't get any detention.

 

Lisa took out her books and notebooks as she started copying the things that has been written to the black board. After a few minutes, she got bored and look outside the window instead.

 

She stared at the beautiful view of their school and when she got a good look at the soccer field, her thoughts started flying to what her and Jungkook talked about last 2 weeks at the school festival. 

 

Flashback of her crying in front of him crept inside of her mind. 

 

 

 

The two of them sat down on the grassy field. Lisa was fidgeting her skirt and there was Jungkook beside her who's afraid to start the conversation. 

 

"So? Did you really cheat behind my back?"

Lisa who was determined to find an answer talked first. 

 

"How long?"

She added.

 

But Jungkook didn't answer any of that as he clutched the back of his head, bowing. 

 

"Do you love her?"

That's when Jungkook turned his head at her with his teary eyes. 

 

I love you. 

 

He pulled his head back as he looked up at the orange sky, so that maybe he can gained even a little courage to speak to her. 

 

"I'm sorry, Lisaー"

 

" no! I deserve an answer Jungkook!"

Lisa suddenly screamed and all her patience break loosed for hearing him again saying 'sorry' without any acceptable reason why he's saying that?! She can't understand! She needed to understand! So that he can stop messing up into her mind. 

 

"Give me an answer Kook! Any goddamn answer!! For once, stop saying sorry and give me reasons why did you do that?! Am I not enough?! Did I do anything wrong? Did I suffocate you? Damnit, Just give me a ing words! For pete's sake!!" 

Lisa gave him a passionately angry glance, and her eyes were filling with tears that she didn't want him to see.

 

"I did it with her okay?! I made a mistake, I was drunk and slept with her two ing times!"

Her breath caught as she gazed at him with a painful expression. Is he angry at her now? But she only want to know the truth. He only need to say is that he regret everything and that he still love her, that he want her back and Lisa will gladly accept him again but why? 

 

Why Jungkook doing this to her? 

 

"You didn't do anything wrong, it was me who was to blame, I ing made a mistake, Lisa and I'm afraid cause I don't have any good reasons."

By hearing this with Jungkook, Lisa pressed the meat of her palms at her eyes to refrained herself from crying more. She felt like shouting in pain but she muffled everything as she cried in silence in front of the man she loves. 

 

"How long you've been cheating with me?"

Jungkook face suddenly softened when he saw Lisa's state and tears came into his eyes but he blinked away as he heaved a deep sigh. 

 

"A month."

He heard her sobbed more. 

 

"How can you do this to me? I loved you, I am willing to give up everything for you."

She said crying, partly choking to her words but she bravely look at him. Still seeking for a reason to stay with him. 

 

I'm sorry, I love you. This is probably the best for you and all I wanted was the best for you, Lisa. 

 

Jungkook didn't answered her, looking away. She cried even more for witnessing this. 

 

"How could you be so cruel?"

He heard her soft pleading voice and it made his heart shattered in pieces. He cleared his throat to take the pain away that forming in his stomach to his chest. 

 

Ripping him slowly inside.

 

"I'm sorry."

Stop saying sorry.

 

"No! Please, no. I still love you okay? It's fine, we'll fixed this. I love you."

Lisa never stood this low, begging for love but that, she really love him.

 

"Lisa, listen to me. You don't deserved this. You deserve more than this. I- I can't be the one to make you happy again. You can't find happiness at the same place you lost it. Lisa."

 

Oh she can, with the right reasons. 

 

"Do you love her?"

She's giving herself a last chance to fight for him as she bravely wiped her wet cheeks. 

 

Jungkook look at her still beautiful face even from that excessive crying, she was still beautiful. Her puffy red eyes was waiting for his answer. 

 

"Lisa, you deserved so much more than I could give. I can't surpass my limits now, knowing that I hurt you."

He lifted his hand as he caressed her cheek, staring at her with his solemn gaze. 

 

She heaved a deep breath, nodding as she understand him. This was it. 

 

Lisa, lifted her gaze up as she went closer to him to his hair and planted a long warm kissed to his forehead, while tears coursed down her cheeks as well.

 

"Then, I'm letting you go."

She said it almost a whisper, she feared losing him but she can't be selfish if he already wanted to stop. 

 

Jungkook hugged him so tight, like it was their last touch. Treasuring this moment with her being in his arms.

 

'I love you so much, Lisa.'

The unspoken words inside of him.

 

Lisa was the one to let go, she wiped her tears as she rummaged something inside of her bag. Jungkook only watched her as she was also sniffing in the process. 

 

And when Lisa find it, she took Jungkook right hand as she open his palm. Lisa put down the ring that Jungkook gave to her for her 18th birthday. 

 

Jungkook can only stare at the ring lying on his palm as Lisa walked away from him.

 

His world begin to shatter from knowing that everything they have, has now come to an end. His open palm turned into fist as his tears flowed like a waterfall, he started crying out loud to the point that his throat suddenly blazed in sharp pain. 

 

He hit his chest repeatedly with his hand that holding the ring, when he felt a burning pain from his stomach going to his chest. This is what love can do to you, it silently kills you inside. 

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter