Night

Dusk till Dawn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I can't explain how painful it is to wait for something that never comes."

 

 

Chapter 3

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The sunny, crisp air of autumn in Korea whets the appetite not just for food but also for cultural and artistic refinement. For students here in this campus, autumn is a time for school-sponsored festival.

 

Festivals feature exhibits, different kinds of booths and also skits. In many cases, the students themselves write scripts for the skits, choose the cast, and build scenery and props as they need to present what they created in front of others.

 

The exhibits and booths, meanwhile, are both usually held in classrooms.

 

By entering the campus? You can immediately noticed of how the school had everything from live music to local food delicacies, dance shows to a fashion parade. It felt more like a summer festival than it did an event organized by local students.

 

However, behind the lively booths, stalls, exhibits at each classrooms and skits going on inside the school theater. Two students were still practicing inside an empty room for their upcoming performance this 2 pm at the afternoon. 

 

Lisa and Jimin excused theirselves at their classmates so that they can still practice the choreography, but they also both promised that they will be there to help after their performance. 

 

Lisa and Jimin's shirt were soaking wet with sweats at their back and foreheads. They also feel drained and tired but that doesn't stop them to move and perfect the dance. They are both determined to win the contest. 

 

Arms and limbs were swiftly moving to place to another as their body synchronized with the beat of their chosen song. Anyhow, at the middle of the song there'll be touching and hands clasping but all of it were needed to do for a better and cooler choreography. 

 

Regardless from it, Lisa was oblivious of how Jimin gets awkward when that part will come, as he repeatedly do little mistakes on that part but he tried to remain focus anyway. 

 

After 2 hours of dancing they both decided to rest as they dropped their bodies on that cold polished floor of the empty classroom. 

Lisa and Jimin were panting heavily for a minute before they started to talk to each other. 

 

"We still have more 2 hours before the contest will begin, what do you want to do?"

Jimin asked Lisa while her eyes were closed from too much exhaustion. 

 

"Let's tour the school building."

Lisa heavily breathe as she tried to sat up. Jimin followed suit.

 

"Sure."

 

Jimin was the first one to stand up as he help the latter to stand up also, and they both went to each comfort room to exchange from their drenched sweaty P.E clothes to uniform. 

They also freshened up and fixed theirselves so that they will look presentable to see.

 

Lisa washed her face and started to apply a little bit of makeup and then a pink lipstick. After that she sprayed perfume on her hair, wrist and uniform. 

 

When she got out from the comfort room, she saw Jimin's waiting for her outside. Leaning his body to the wall while his hands were in the pockets of his slacks.

 

Their eyes locked on each other. This guy in front of her is surely a handsome one but unluckily her heart already belongs to someone. 

 

Speaking of that someone, they still didn't talk about what she witnessed 3 weeks ago. There's still no closure about their relationship, have they already broke up? Did he just dumped her? She still doesn't know. 

 

They just plainly ignore each other, and Lisa on the other hand don't know what hurts the most. Is it having the answer that he really cheated on her? Or have nothing instead? 

 

"Let's go?"

She nodded as they started to walked beside each other. 

 

And Lisa being the talkative one, she started to tell stories about the movie she watched, the restaurant she recommends you to go, the cute little cat she saw on the streets while walking home yesterday, she will tell you every positive things she encounters but never those things that hurt her. 

 

She tends to hide the pain from everyone for she doesn't want to bother them or even make them sad about it. 

 

And Jimin clearly understands that, but also that doesn't mean he won't do anything to make her feel better. He's been with her for this past few weeks that she's crying, even if she tells him to go home, he still stayed beside her in silence until she can smile again. 

 

Jimin tried so hard to cheer her up.

 

And he thinks that it's kinda unfair because all this ing years he stayed loyal to what he felt for Lisa but Jungkook on the other hand just cheated on her, she doesn't deserve this.

 

If he will be her boyfriend, he won't even dare to look at other girls because he will be forever faithful to her. He will tell her how much she means to him, how he won't not let her doubt herself even the slightest, how he will tell her that she is more than enough and Jimin will always be by her side to remind her that she will be the only girl that he will ever love. 

 

Jimin and Lisa spend the most of their time eating food, watching musical or theatrical performance, drinking lemonade in cafe, looking at presentations organized by various clubs and roaming around searching for interesting food. 

 

It was all about laughters, jokes and silly stories. 

 

After spending one hour and thirty minutes with roaming and having fun around the building they went to change their clothes for their upcoming performance on stage. 

 

They still have 30 minutes to prepare.

 

After changing, Lisa look at her reflection on the mirror. Adrenaline pumping to her veins as she tried to exhale the negativity and nervousness then she tried her very best to smile. 

 

"Hwaiting!"

She pull up her fist on the air, cheering herself. 

 

Her gaze went back to her reflection as she stared at herself, and then something caught her attention. 

 

She looked at her right hand as she stared at the beautiful star shape diamond ring at her ring finger.

 

She frown by remembering something she obviously doesn't want to remember. It's Jeon Jungkook's birthday present to her, a promise ring. 

 

'Tsk, what a waste.' She thought as she abruptly took off the ring at her finger.

 

She hid it in the pocket of her bag then for the last time she glance at her reflection and gather every courage she have after that she went out to meet Jimin outside.

 

But she didn't expect that this area would be crowded, students swarming around outside the theater room. 

 

She can't find Jimin and the competition will start at 10 minutes, they both need to go backstage. 

 

She cupped her phone at her shorts pocket but then she realized that she left it at the dressing room. Lisa let out a groaned. How stupid of her.

 

 

Nevertheless, Jimin found her. 

Even on that crowded area he can still see her. He saw how she panicked to see the students all over the place, he saw how she turned her head from left to right to find him but Jimin saw her immediately as he watched her from a distance. 

 

He shake his head of how funny it could be, because even these crowded students flocking all over the place? He can only see her. Damn, what did love do to hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter