bamboozled

gay

"i don't understand, mingyu." minghao repeated, for the four hundredth time. 

"it's for your own good. you need to see people, hao." mingyu said, stirring the food he had been making. 

minghao made a noise that sounded like a mix of a groan and a sigh. mingyu was forcing minghao to have dinner with wonwoo and him, in his own home. 

"you're making it seem like i'm depressed or something, mingyu. i don't need, or want, for that matter, to see anyone." he retorted, actually getting angry. 

mingyu was quiet for a moment. "calm down and come try my stir fry."

minghao got up, although he didn't want to. he stompped into his kitchen, still wrapped up in a blanket. 

mingyu gave him a bite. "thoughts?"

"it's," minghao paused, swallowing. "really ing good." 

then, he stompped away. back to his usual spot on the couch. for the past week, he'd been sulking over jun's 'crush'. 

"well, i would be getting ready if i were you. they're coming in..." he paused, looking at his phone. "a half hour or so. you haven't showered since friday. come on." 

minghao rolled off the couch. " you, kim mingyu. get out of my house."

mingyu laughed. "you've tried that already, sweety. now go, take a damn shower."

minghao just about screamed while getting up. he made sure to groan as loud as possible. 

he took a quick shower, then came right back down. he had assumed that there would be a crowd, but it was just wonwoo and mingyu. he sighed, nevertheless. he really didn't want to see anyone. not now, not ever.

"hey sunshine!" wonwoo said, pissing minghao off immediately.

he gave wonwoo a bitter smile, and sat down at the counter. 

"hey, hao, i actually need you to go get some things at the store," he handed him the list and a twenty. "take my car. love you!"

minghao rolled his eyes, and did as he was told. minghao thought it was just a store run, but man was he wrong. mingyu and wonwoo just needed a distraction; they needed to discuss their plan to get minghao and jun together.

"okay, so." wonwoo started. "jun is beyond confused as to why minghao is ignoring him, and honestly, so am i. what really happened?"

mingyu took a deep breath. "so, at the party they both got ing trashed. they went into his closet and jun confessed his love for some boy, and minghao's stupid will not accept the fact that jun was talking about him."

wonwoo's mouth forms a small 'o' shape.

"so, what should we do about it?" he questioned, putting his head in his hands. mingyu smiled. 

"well, you invited jun, right?" 

wonwoo nodded.

"i didn't tell minghao he was going to be here, so that'll get them together... but how will we get them to talk to eachother?" mingyu asked, getting the colorful fruit salad from the freezer.

it was quiet for a moment, before wonwoo spoke. 

"i have an idea. you know that one episode of icarly where carly forces sam and her mother to go to therapy?" 

mingyu nodded. "we can't send them to therapy, wonwoo."

"no, dumbo, i mean at therapy, the therapist made them sit in a room together until they made up. maybe we can do that with them."

mingyu's smile got even bigger. "wonwoo, you're brilliant! i could just kiss you right now!" 

wonwoo smirked, looking at him. "well... why don't you?"

after they got done faces, they went and sat in the living room. as they waited for minghao to get home, jun arrived. thankfully, he parked across the street.

"act normal, 'kay?" mingyu saod, turning the tv up a bit. wonwoo just nodded.

"hey guys!" jun said, walking in. 

wonwoo almost completely ignored him, but mingyu waved. "hey jun." 

as he takes his shoes off, they see mingyu's car pull back into the driveway. "junnie, will you go get the popcorn out of the cabinet above the microwave?"

jun raises an eyebrow. "aren't we about to have dinner?"

mingyu gulps. oops.

"well, it's not quite ready, so why don't we just eat a snack while we wait?" wonwoo said, almost naturally. jun just nods and walks into the kitchen. mingyu lets out a sigh of relief. 

just as the kitchen door closes, the front door opens. minghao comes in, carrying numerous bags of groceries. 

"welcome back, hao." minghao just gives a suspicious smile. mingyu never say like that to him. something was off, and he knew it. he takes his shoes off, and walks toward the kitchen. mingyu follows.

just before he opens the door, mingyu mutters a quick, "don't hate me."

by the time minghao turned to respond, he was already in the kitchen, alone. well, not alone, he figured out. junhui was rummaging through his cabinets. he didn't even turn around. minghao tired to back up and leave, but he just ran into the door. it was locked. 

the noise made jun whip his head around. "oh," he paused, turning around completely. "uh, hey."