cross-faded in a closet

gay

it was finally the day of the party. of course, the house was a mess. mingyu and minghao hadn't had a lot of time or motivation to clean these days, because of exams.

its was 2:30, and minghao and mingyu were laying in the living room with snacks and friends playing on netflix. minghao had nearly forgotten about the party until he got a text from jun. 

junnie 🤧💖:

hey babe!! im coming over with some friends and wonwoo to prepare for tonight. hope that's ok w u :) 

minghao smiled at the first part and sat up.

me:

ok!! sounds good. wanna take me to get the drinks n ? i don't have any here

minghao put down his phone and stood up. he looked down at mingyu, who looked half asleep. his hand rested in the bowl of chips, and his mouth hung open a bit. 

"i'm gonna go get in the shower. pick up a little, 'kay?" 

mingyu nodded. 

"oh yeah, and," minghao paused. "wonwoo and jun are coming in a few minutes, so i suggest you do a little something with yourself."

mingyu sat up quickly. ", dude! i look like trash, why didn't you tell me this earlier?" 

"oh, shut up! just put on clothing that doesn't have stains on it and brush your teeth. wonwoo couldn't care less, he's literally in love with you. did you forget that?" minghao said, walking back around to get his phone.

"you right." he said, laying back down.

minghao checked his phone once more, before getting in the shower. the hot water felt great on him, making him not want to get out.

eventually he did get out, and began to get dressed. he heard the door open, which made him excited. he really did get a little spark of excitement everytime jun came around. 

he blow-dried his hair and walked downstairs, immediately hearing noise from the kitchen.

minghao didn't recognize the voice speaking. it was definitely a guy, but he didn't know which guy.

he walked in, seeing five new bodies in his house. 

two of which were on one side of the counter, standing with nearly no space in between them.

jun was one of them. he immediately walked over and put his arms around minghao, and kissed him on the cheek. he flushed red. 

"hey babe!"

"hi, jun." he couldn't say much more than that, because he was so shocked at the sudden affection. a smile worked it's way to minghao's lips as he drowned in jun's scent.

after what was probably almost a full minute if silence, jun spoke again.

"oh, these are my friends, hansol, seungkwan, and joshua." 

the three waved, and minghao waved back, with a smile on his face. he'd noticed that the two taller ones — hansol and joshua — looked a bit western. both still very cute. seungkwan had a cute smile, his cheeks popping out when he did so.

"so, what are we here to do again?" seungkwan asked, leaning on the counter. 

"oh, yeah," jun started. "we're here to clean up and prep for the party tonight. did i forget to mention that?" 

seungkwan rolled his eyes. "yes! yes, you did." 

hansol and joshua didn't seem to have a reaction to this, other than nods. 

"you can walk your whiny back home if you'd like!" jun said, only half joking. 

"alrighty guys! let's get cleanin'!" seungkwan said.

---

minghao had not expected this. 

there were at least three hundred people crowding his house, front yard, back yard, and street general. at first, it was just a few people — maybe thirty or forty. 

then, however, a group of sorority girls showed up. the leader of the pack, yerim, made one phone call and then more groups of people showed up. then more. 

now, there was over three hundred random people, drinking, smoking, and eating his food. should he have been concerned? yes. but was he? no. 

he hadn't had much time to worry because he was hitting wonwoo's friend's dab rig in the basement with jun, seungkwan, and hansol. 

after that, he was busy doing shots with jun and a group of boys from some frat. who knew birthday cake flavored vodka was so addicting? 

by shot number three, jun and minghao were more than intoxicated.

"miinghao!! come up staaaiirs with meee!" jun laughed, grabbing minghao's wrist. minghao took one last swig of the sweet alcohol and complied with jun's request. 

on the way, he found two boys in the center of his living room, surrounded by a crowd. one — apparently named chan — was giving the other — a boy named soonyoung, from minghao's art history class, he remembered — a . 

they ran up the stairs clumsily, witnessing a make out session between two girls.

jun saw this, and yelled something along the lines of "get it, hwasa!"

they finally made it to minghao's room, where, surprisingly enough, there were no couples getting intimate. jun opened minghao's closet door and dragged minghao in. they both sat down, in silence for a moment. 

"iiii have something to tellll you!" jun almost sang, grabbing minghao's hands. 

minghao giggled. "what is it, junnie?"

"i have a cruush! on a cute boooy." 

minghao stopped giggling. "really?"

"mmmmmhm. he's so sweet. and adooorable. i just wanna kiss him alllll the time!" jun said, laughing. "but don't tell him! i'll die!" 

just as minghao was going to ask for his name, the door opened. it was mingyu. 

"i foooound them! they're in a closet."