tea

gay

the three ate in the kitchen, not really talking, until jun spoke. 

"so, i see you guys have... met." he said, eyeing minghao for a bit longer than needed. 

"yeah, he woke up this morning and probably expected you to be here. you weren't, though, so he just came down and..." wonwoo paused, taking in a deep breath, "talked to me."

a look of... fear? washed over jun's face before he went back to normal. 

"oh, did you guys spill some tea?" he said, coincidentally sipping his green tea. minghao could hear a hint of worry on his voice.

"well-" minghao started, but was interrupted by wonwoo.

"nope, nothing really. just some basic talk about life." wonwoo quickly covered up. 

"o...kay?" he said, looking suspiciously at the two, "i gotta pee, be right back." and he left to go pee. 

as soon as wonwoo heard the bathroom door close, he spoke quietly.

"you can't tell him i told you anything. i enjoy living so please, please spare my life and just don't say anything. i really don't want to lose his trust." 

wonwoo's deep voice sounded so small and vulnerable. it sounded weird to minghao, although he's only heard wonwoo's voice a total of three times now. 

"okay, okay, i'll be quiet." minghao assured, putting his hands up. 

almost freakily fast, jun was back. 

"okay guys, speaking of tea! i have some about seungcheol!" jun almost sang. 

minghao tilted his head in confusion. 

"oh yeah, you don't know him. he's just a good friend of ours." wonwoo explained. 

"yes, anyways, so today i saw him and jeonghan like, sneaking into the bathroom in the agriculture building, and so i just kinda..." minghao stopped paying attention. it was so hard to think about anything else other than the fact that the man in front of him, wen junhui, had a crush on him, xu minghao. 

he kept thinking about random details about jun. like how his voice got deeper when he spoke on mandarin. or like when his eyebrows furrowed when he was struggling to do something. or like how he basically radiated because of how ing beautiful he was.

he tuned back into jun's story right as it got interesting. 

"... and then i was like, "dude, stop in' lyin'! i saw y'all! and if you don't believe me... i have a video!" and his face was SO funny oh my god." jun's last few words mixed with laughter. it was one of the most adorable things minghao had ever encountered. 

wonwoo laughed too, but a little less hard than jun. minghao could tell that he had a lot to think about, too. 

just as jun's laughter calmed down, wonwoo's phone rang. he ran into the living room to pick it up. 

"jun, it's him! what do i do?" wonwoo asked frantically.

"answer it, !"

"well-" minghao started.

"shhhhhhh!" jun shushed him, and pointed towards the door. 

minghao made a tiny "oh," noise and listened along with jun.

"hey mingyu!—oh, no! it's fine.— i understand, you just had classes, i'm not like, hurt or anything." 

minghao saw that he was twisting his charger around his finger like the little girls in 90's movies with the wire to their house phone when they got a call from their crush. it was cute. 

"yeah, he's still here. i actually got to talk to him a bit more today. he's very nice."

minghao smiled. he was glad wonwoo liked him. 

"oh, yeah! what time?" 

jun smiled. 

"okay. sounds good! see you tomorrow!—yeah, bye." 

jun immediately clapped when he hung up the phone. minghao clapped along too. 

"oh, shut up!" wonwoo said, smiling. "he just wants me to come over to help him study for his exams." 

"oh, sure. that's what they all say." jun said, arms crossed. 

minghao smiled. he was happy things were working out for them.