09. Energetic

Be.YOU.tiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since his first day of high school, since his first meet with Minhyun, Jaehwan always had his eyes on the said senior. Every single detail, he would write on his favourite notebook, which was the blue one that he had bought every year, same book, same pattern, same colour and at the same place. Every day, he would write about the senior, be it important or not because about him, it's always matter.

As a matter of fact, that's how he knew what Minhyun's favourite food and drink was. 

Minhyun said he wanted to come at this one specific place, his favourite one. So, Jaehwan thought they would go to some hotpot restaurant; because Minhyun likes soup (specifically he loves mixed seafood stew or kimchi stew). He still remembered vividly how he managed to know about Minhyun's favourite food (but he doesn't want to remember back, it was hell embarrassing).

He didn't expect they would eat samgyeopsal.

It's been a long time since he had his favourite food. Ever since he was kid, samgyeopsal was his main food. He would eat at least once a week or thrice a month of it because samgyeopsal is love, you know.

"What do you want to drink?" Minhyun asked as they carefully looked at the menu. "I'll have green tea, please."

"I want....ermm, do you perhaps have banana milk?" Jaehwan turned to look at the waitress who was non-stopped staring at Minhyun which kinda made him pissed a little bit. He cleared his throat but somehow the girl was so busy eyeing the senior infront him that she didn't hear until Jaehwan cleared his throat again, more force this time.

The girl snapped out and she started to acknowledge that Jaehwan was there. "Y-Yes, sir?"

"I'm asking, do you perhaps have banana milk at here?" His voice showed a bit tone of annoyance. "We have, sir." The girl nodded. "Then, two bottle for me." He closed the menu and forcefully handed it to the waitress, not forgetting to send daggers with his eyes.

As the girl went off, Jaehwan rolled his eyes towards her which didn't go unnoticed by Minhyun. He was busy calming down his feelings when he saw Minhyun was looking at him, amusingly.

"What?"

"Nothing. Just...I didn't know someone like you loves banana milk," Minhyun smiled softly. Oh. Realising the situation, his face became red and he suddenly felt timid. "E-Everyone love banana milk," he said.

"Hmmmm, not everyone. Seungwoo doesn't like it," Minhyun replied. "And from what I see, kids love banana milk." He had his finger pointed at Jaehwan. The other blinked and made a face after that. "I'm not a kid. I'm a grown-up already," he retorted. Minhyun made a 'we'll see' face that kind of made Jaehwan felt a bit challenged. 

A few minutes, their food arrived and both of them digged in together. Jaehwan was the one who enjoyed the food so so much that he didn't realised Minhyun was giving him more and more meat on his plate when he saw it gone so quickly.

"Anyway," Jaehwan started talking with his mouth full. "Yah, close your mouth. Chew first," Minhyun warned. Jaehwan gave his 'I-don't-care' look and continued eating. "Sunbae, you like to eat meat?" He grabbed another cooked meat before dipping it into the sauce and saved in his mouth. Minhyun stared at him in amusement. "More like you're loving these very much," he mumbled.

"Sorry, what?" 

"Nothing," he shrugged. "Well, kinda. I still prefer soup over meat," he replied while wrapping the meat with cabbage. "Since when?" Jaehwan asked.

Minhyun thought for a while. "I...actually don't know, either."

"Eh?"

The senior was chewing his food while giving Jaehwan a look. He stared at the boy with very much affection but the boy was too busy stuffing meat inside his mouth. "I remembered seeing someone I care about eating meat for like almost everyday in school," he said. "I don't know why, but I think that time I want to eat something that that person likes to eat too."

Jaehwan blinked at him. "What...do you mean by that?" This time, Minhyun made a face.

"Nothing, Jaehwan. You know what, just eat. Here, have some more."

He put more meat on his plate and Jaehwan couldn't never resist it.

 

 

 

 

After eating, they went to the bookstore, Minhyun said he needed a new book to read so Jaehwan complied with his request. For almost like an hour, Minhyun finally found his choice of book (Jaehwan was very grateful) and he paid for it before both of them headed back to their dorms.

Along the way, they found a claw crane machine and Jaehwan had stopped to play with it. Despite the day had became dark, he was trying very hard to get the doll he wanted so much.

At his third try, the doll slipped off and he whined. Minhyun had enough because it was getting dark and not many people were there at the place they were stopping by right now. "Come on, Jaehwan. Let's go. It's getting dark," but the boy won't budge.

"5 more minutes, or you can go first. I'll catch up later," Jaehwan said without thinking anything. He inserted some coins again and tried for the fourth time, only to lose it again. "NO!"

Minhyun carefully studied the shorter one; he had his mouth curled downwards, his eyes showing sadness because he couldn't get the doll he wanted. Minhyun glanced at the fox doll and Jaehwan back and forth before he made up his mind.

"Move a bit," he said to Jaehwan, the said boy gave him some spaces and so Minhyun put some coins in the machine before he started moving the crane slowly up until right above the fox doll and push the button when he confirmed it. The crane slowly picked up the doll, secured in it and when the doll came out, Jaehwan jumped in joy. "You got it! You got it! You got it! You got the doll!" He smiled brightly.

Minhyun picked the doll and handed it to Jaehwan. The boy was confused.

"Why gave this to me? You're the one who got it," Minhyun picked up his stuff from the ground and started walking. "And you're the one who wanted that," he shouted so that Jaehwan could hear it clearly behind him. "Let's go. It's getting late."

Jaehwan held his urged to smile but failed. He stared the fox doll softly. Nice.

Today is the best day ever. He ran to catch up with his senior, a big smile on his innocent face.

 

 

 

 

The next day, Jaehwan walked to class with Daniel. The cat-eyed boy was complaining about his professor when they both saw their favourite seniors were chatting with each other along with their other friends near the cafe. 

"Hey, let's go buy some drinks," Jaehwan managed to drag Daniel towards the cafe. Daniel rolled his eyes. "You just want to stalk him, do you?" 

But, Jaehwan attacked back. "Well your mind was thinking the same thing."

"Good point there."

They went to the counter to order thei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter