08. PICK ME

Be.YOU.tiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Daniel and Jaehwan were currently walking towards their dorm with their hands full of gifts and flowers.

After the competition ended, Daniel and Jaehwan managed to win something. Being one of the best dancers, Daniel had took the first place meanwhile Jaehwan and Sewoon was in third. All of them were satisfied and the ceremony finished with group photos.

Meanwhile, Jaehwan tried searching for Minhyun but to no avail. He was nowhere in sight and he felt a little bit dissappointed. Well, maybe he's busy. Stop daydreaming, Jaehwan. He's your senior. Just a senior.

He noted mentally but still he felt a slight pang inside his heart when Minhyun's face was out of his sight. Only Seungwoo decided to congratulate them, not forgetting to tease Daniel which only made the boy blushed and flustered.

When they arrived at the third floor, they reached Daniel's room first and the said best friend bid him goodbye, his eyes showing the tiredness since he worked hard for the past week.

"I might be dead immediately so I'll see you tomorrow," Daniel grinned, his eyes almost wanted to shut down already. "Dead, my . Go rest. I'll see you tomorrow, too. Oh, and congrats~" Jaehwan said and continued to walk until his infront of his room and reached for the keys. He heard a door shut and knew that it was Daniel's so he quickly darted inside his room, could not wait to jump on his bed. He threw aside all the gifts and a bouquet of flowers he got and immediately dived into his own blanket.

"Ahhhh, I miss you very dearly, my lovely bed."

He snuggled and before he knew it, his eyes closed slowly and he's off to dreamland.

 

 

A few hours later, Jaehwan woke up suddenly. He checked the time. 3.32. "Urghh..."

His body felt numb and he slowly sat up. He adjusted his vision and looked around. His room was dark and he realised that he had fallen asleep as soon as he was on bed, forgetting to switch on the lamp. He was still in his uniform from the competition and he felt uncomfortable, so he left his bed and shredded off his clothes to get some warm shower.

In 20 minutes, he had done showering, his hair was damp as he tried to dry it up. As he was dragging himself towards the bed, he saw a basket full of his clothes. Damn it. I forgot to wash my clothes last week.

Last week was a hectic week for him. He had to prepare for his talent show alongside with Sewoon until he forgot to clean his clothes, left it dirty and smelly at the corner of his room. He sighed. He was already in his pijamas. If he went out to the laundry room and got caught by someone, the person would laugh him off. 

Well, of course seeing someone whose as big as him, wearing a printed cartoon pijamas would be funny. Don't blame him. The pijamas he wore were cute, okay? He bought it in pair and the colour was light blue with a bit pink on it.

He looked at the clock again. 3.55.

"It's almost 4 in the morning. No one would wake up at this time, right?" He mumbled to himself. After a few minutes of contemplating, he decided to go while telling to himself that no one would be around at this kind of time. It's still too early to get ready for class.

He grabbed his glasses and wore it. Then, he wore his socks and grabbed his wallet before walking towards the door with his basket on his side, his hands clutching it tightly.

He closed the door to his room and locked it. He then went downstairs untill he was on the ground floor and find his way to the laundry room. 

The room was unoccupied, no one was in there but the lamp was on. It was his first time washing his clothes using a self service machine and he hoped he wouldn't damage it.

He set up his clothes infront of the machine he had chose before marching towards the money exchange machine and put some cash in it. Some coins fell from the machine and Jaehwan collected it and went back to the washing machine.

"Now let see...." His eyes were scanning each of the button on the machine. The red one, green one and some buttons written; cold, warm, hot. 

After 10 minutes, he still couldn't figure out. "Arghh.. What to press? WHAT TO PRESS?" He groaned. He messed up his hair which was still quite damp and again, tried to figure the buttons out.

Somebody, puh-leaseee HELP ME.

As if the person heard his pray, Jaehwan jumped a bit when he heard a familiar voice behind him.

"Jaehwan? What are you doing here?"

Crap.

He turned around only to have face to face with his senior, Minhyun. "U-Uh....Hi?" He waved, a little awkward. Minhyun raised an eyebrow as he scanned the other boy who was in his pjs and he was wearing glasses. Adorable.

He captured the  view inside his head quietly before went inside. "What are you doing here alone? And above all, at times like this?" He asked. Jaehwan was flustered when he answered. "I..uh...need to wash my..clothes," the older one looked at the basket beside him. "I forgot to wash it last week. I've been busy," Jaehwan swore his face was very red right now because he could felt the heat rising up. 

"Oh," was all Minhyun said. Silence

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter