07. The Competition

Be.YOU.tiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minhyun's POV

It's been a week since the new freshmen came. The competiton held for the freshmen is tomorrow and the one who got involved were busy practicing their talent show in the respective practice room. Being the leader for my group, I decided to make a visit to see how my group was progressing.

How did I choose the one that will perform for the competition; I draw lots and the first two names that were picked by me had to participate it, whether they like it or not.

And those person were happened to be Jung Sewoon and....Kim Jaehwan.

The incident from two days ago suddenly flooded into my mind.

Chubby cheeks. Familiar smile.

Glasses.

How can I didn't recognised him for the first time? When I saw him with his glasses, memories back in high school suddenly came inside me. I don't why.....but....

I missed him. I missed that cutie boy. I missed the boy that caught my attention for the first time. The boy that had quite changed my life.

 

I arrived at a room and tried to peek a little bit.

Inside the room, stood Jaehwan and Sewoon who were currently singing, too focused to not notice me went inside and sit on the floor far behind them. Both were singing and concentrating on each vocals and sounds they made. They sing perfectly in sync and after they ended the song, I couldn't help but clapped my hands while smiling proudly.

Jaehwan turned around immediately and his eyes went big. Sewoon greeted me politely, followed by Jaehwan who was flustered a bit.

"Hello, sunbae. Sorry we didn't see you coming in," Sewoon took a sit while Jaehwan was searching something inside his bag. "Nah. It's alright. I didn't see you guys for the past week so I decided to come by. But, seeing you guys singing like this," I stared at Jaehwan when he sat beside Sewoon, "...I think I don't need to be here. You guys are amazing."

Sewoon chuckled and Jaehwan smiled widely. "It's getting late. Let's call it a day. Come, let's go home."

They packed their things and I saw Jaehwan answered his phone, talking to someone. 

"Daniel? Are you done? Not yet? Ok. I'll be going with Sewoon then. Alright," I thought he had done talking, but then he suddenly blushed that made me curious. What had Daniel said until his face turns that red? He took a glance at me and I blinked. He went back talking with Daniel before ending the call, tapping the phone furiously.

"Are you okay, hyung?" Sewoon asked. Jaehwan nodded furiously. "Y-Yeah. I'm fine. Daniel makes funny jokes again. Don't mind me. Let's go," he grabbed his bag and quickly went out, not glancing back.

"Let's go, sunbae."

"Oh. Yeah," I followed.

 

 

Third Person's POV

"This is my dorm. I'll go in first! Goodbye, hyung! Bye, sunbae!" Sewoon bid goodbye and went inside, leaving Jaehwan and Minhyun to continue walking towards their dorm. 

"Where's your dorm?" Minhyun asked. "Uhh..it's just next to the art building," Jaehwan answered. He doesn't know why the heck he was so nervous and his palms were full of sweats right now. Please don't make me do something embarrassing. Just not infront of him. He prayed to the sky quietly.

"Oh. We're in the same building then. You stay on which floor?"

"Third."

"My room is on the second floor. You can visit anytime if you have questions," Minhyun smiled softly while looking at the smaller boy beside him. Jaehwan wasn't looking, too busy scanning around him. "You okay?"

Jaehwan found Minhyun was staring at him and they had stopped walking. "I-I'm fine. I-I just...hate dark p-place. Ahaha..." Jaehwan smiled nervously and continue walking, Minhyun following behind.

Truth was, Jaehwan could feel someone was watching them but he shrugged it off, thinking that it was just his imagination. But, he hoped nothing would popped out of nowhere or else he would embarrassed himself infront of Minhyun. 

"Jaehwan."

"Yes?" Jaehwan looked at Minhyun and then faced forward again. He couldn't make eye-contact wth him. He's too nervous.

"You're from Jirin High, right?" Jaehwan nodded. "And you are friends with Daniel. Kang Daniel. Am I right?" He nodded again. "Then, why I've never saw you with him before?" Jaehwan had no answer to that question.

"I mean...I met Daniel through Seongwoo so I knew him. How come I never saw you?"

Because whenever you were there, I ran away.

"Maybe...you met him when I wasn't....with him?" Jaehwan said. Minhyun stared at him curiously. "Oh yeah?" 

"Well, I never saw you when I was with Daniel either. So, maybe our timing weren't same." Liar.

"Oh...Well that's a good reason."

They stopped talking and silence evolved around them. Before they knew, they reached the dorm and separated when they reached on the last stairs of the second floor.

"So, goodluck for tomorrow."

"Thanks, sunbae. I'll do my best," Jaehwan smiled softly. His cheeks went up slightly and Minhyun thought it was so adorable. He smiled back. "You already did your best. Your voice sounds amazing," he praised the shorter one that made him blushed. "I-I'm not that good," Jaehwan's heart was beating fastly. 

He felt a hand went on his head and ruffled his hair. He looked up, only to be met by a pair of beautiful eyes that he had taken interest since the first day he met him.

Minhyun chuckled. "I can't see your face clearly. Lift your head a little bit."

It's as if the time had stopped ticking, both were mesmerised by each other's presence. 

Minhyun was contemplating. He wants to touch Jaehwan's face but tried to suppress the feeling. Jaehwan would freaked out if he does that. The way Jaehwan's eyes stared into him, those innocent eyes that had caught his attention, had made Minhyun's heart wavered. What is this feeling?

"I'll see you tomorrow. Have a good rest," Minhyun waved and went away.

Jaehwan waited until Minhyun was out of his sight and then he skipped happily until he's inside his room. He closed the door and leaned on it. He put a hand on his chest. His heart was beating so fast. He then touched his hair, the part where Minhyun's hand once had landed on.

He....touched my hair...

Jaehwan let out a giggle and dance around. He landed right on his bed and let out a sigh. Remembering what the senior had did something to him just now, he blushed and chuckled. He rolled around his bed, squealing loudly. Good thing he doesn't have any roommate.

 

What is this feeling?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter