01. The Encounter

Be.YOU.tiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Meeting you was a fate,

Becoming your friend was a choice,

But falling in love with you was beyond my control.

 

“Jaehwan!” The brown-haired male looked up from his phone. He smiled at the sight of his best friend. “Daniel!”

 

They both hugged each other(Daniel taking the advantage of crushing Jaehwan’s body because of how much he ‘missed’ his best friend) and Jaehwan patted his back roughly. “N-Not so tight!”

 

The taller of the two broke the hug, grinning widely. “Oh. Sorry, hehe.”

 

“Wow, Niel-ah. You look so much handsome! Since when did you work out, huh? Woah, are those body made up of rock?” Jaehwan touched Daniel’s muscles and he surprised of how much this friend of his got to have time to do some workout.

 

“Nah, I just ran and went to the gym, as always.” Daniel smiled sheepishly. He smiled like that only when he’s nervous. And Jaehwan doesn’t know why he was nervous.

 

“Why? Are you nervous? Of the orientation?” Jaehwan asked curiously.

 

“No. It’s not that,” he shook his head.  “Then?”

 

Daniel sighed.

 

Kim Jaehwan and Kang Daniel were freshmen in Hawon University. Both of them decided to enroll in the same university, thinking they could still hang out together(apparently, Daniel was too shy to make new friends. Well, Jaehwan was on the same boat) like last time in high school.

 

When they first stepped into the beautiful college, Jaehwan was admired by the buildings and gardens while Daniel was cautious with his surroundings.

 

After registration, they went to their new respective rooms(they lived in dorms now), the only thing that separated them from being together. Daniel’s room was 308 and Jaehwan’s was 314. So, they needed to cross 6 rooms in order to get back together(according to Daniel).

 

Daniel arrived at his room later only to find his roommate was already there. Meanwhile, Jaehwan’s roommate wasn’t available yet so without wasting his time, he put all of his things in one place and left enough space for his new roommate. After that, he went to Daniel.

 

They decided to walk around the university in order to get used to the surroundings and buildings.

 

Before they leave the registration counter, the one who guard the counter said to them, ‘The orientation will begin tomorrow. So, you guys are free for today. Don’t forget to bring all the important things for tomorrow! Enjoy and welcome to Hawon University!’

 

“You know what else they said?” Jaehwan shrugged. “What?”

 

Daniel rolled his eyes. I knew he paid no attention just now. Urghh. “The orientation will be conducted by the 2nd year students, our seniors above us.”

 

“Oh. Okay. So, is there a problem?”

 

Jaehwan was being dumb again. Daniel grunted. “Jaehwannn, you know that Seongwoo hyung is a student here, right?”

 

Jaehwan nodded. “Of course I know-OH. Oh…” he picked up the pieces and unders

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter