Chapter 5 : "Mr. Intense"

You In Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 5

« Mr. Intense »

 

Thursday 6:23 a.m. 

The next morning, Somin woke up early to go to work. She quickly made her bed, got dressed, put makeup and left. She then received a message from her boss, " Come to my office at 7:30 a.m. Don't be late. "

("Mr. Carter? How does he have my number? I mean he has files with my personal data but why would he search for them? And why does he want ME in his office?")

With these thoughts, she went to a cafeteria to buy her morning coffee. Before she left from the cafeteria, she heard a  familiar man's voice calling her name. 

"Hey, Somin! "

She turned around and found Daniel waving at her from a table. 

"Daniel? " 

"Yeah, that's me. "he said smiling. 

"What are you doing here so early?"

"Drinking coffee before work as you can see." 

"Oh, where do you work?" 

"I'm a secretary at a company. "

"Really? Me too."

"Hmm that's great. Another common thing we have." 

Somin lowered her face so he wouldn't see her reaction. 

"Anyways, what happened yesterday? I mean, why didn't you came at our date? You said something came up." 

Somin turned her head to her side awkwardly. She looked at her phone to see that it's already 7:31a.m.!

("Oh , I am going to be late! ")

She turned to Daniel and apologized to him from leaving. Before Daniel could say anything else, Somin had already left. Somin was working as a  secretary of a clothe's brand company tHer boss was a man two years older than her with those green eyes that girls die for. And it's not only that. He has a body that a woman couldn't even see in her dreams. Most of the workers haven't even seen him in person. She was walking as fast she could. When she finally arrived she rushed in the elevator. Her boss' office was at the last floor, at least that's what she knew. Almost no one goes at the last floor. When she reached the last floor she greeted the secretary but the secretary put a cold expression before asking her. 

"Can I help you miss? "

"Yes, Mr. Carter wanted to see me. "

"One minute please. "

She gave Somin one last cold glance before putting the phone in her ear. 

("She probably contacted Mr. Carter to make sure of our meeting. ")

"You can go. The office is on your left. When you turn you will see it. And don't do anything stupid."

"Thank you."

The secretary didn't say anything. She was only watching her so coldly like she hated her. 

("Is she for real?! ")

Somin headed to the direction the secretary told her. When she her left, she found indeed a door in which we're written her boss' name. The walls and the door were from glass so you could almost she how it was inside. Somin, after some  seconds, came back to reality and entered the office before knocking. When she entered, Carter raised he head and smile at her. He was more handsome than he was described and that made Somin hard to concentrate. 

"Hello, Ms Jeon. You are late. "

"Yes, sorry for that. Something came up and I-"

"I don't want to hear it. Please have a sit. "

Somin gasped. 

"Let's talk about the reason I asked you to come to see me. Please have a seat. "

"Thank you. "

"So as you have been informed a new worker will come to the floor you are working. "

"Yes, my assistant told me. "

"Good. The new worker will be your new partner from now on. "

"Excuse me? "

"Do I need to repeat myself? "

"No, it was just unexpected. "

"Yes, I agree. It was a quick decision for me too. "

"So that's why you asked to see me ?"

"Yes. "

"But you could have said it to the head of the floor. "

Mr. Carter put a smirk on his lips and got up from his chair. If you could say it chair. It was more like a throne. He came close to her and whispered to her ear. 

"Didn't you want to come? "

Somin holded her breath and her cheeks got red. 

"You.. You are avoiding the question. "

"Am I? "

Somin didn't say anything. She turned her head from the other side so he couldn't see her red face. 

"Is something wrong Ms. Jeon? "

"I..I think I should go to work now.. "

"It's not a problem. As long as you're with me there won't be a problem. "

"But I work here..."

"Just do as I say. "

"It's against the rules. I won't accept that. "

"Did you forget that I am the big boss here? "

"No, sir. "

"Why so formal Ms. Jeon? "

"Because I am talking to my boss. "

"Yes indeed. Well, you don't have to be so formal. Express yourself freely. "

"I can't do that. "

Carter smiled in amusement. He went to sit at his chair and stared at her for some seconds before saying to her. 

"Okay. Go to your work and when you finished, I want you in my office. "

("Again?! What's with those meetings so suddenly? ")

"Thank you sir. "

Somin stood up from the chair and took a last glance at Carter before leaving. She went to the floor she was working. As she was going to her desk she saw a familiar man's back unpacking to the desk next to hers. 

("He might be my new partner. I should greet him and make a good first impression. ")

"Welcome. You must be my new partner. I am Somin Jeon. I am looking forward to work with you!"

She said giving her hand to him. Then,  the man turned around with a smile and said. 

"That was a really good speech Ms. Jeon. I'm impressed. The former speech suits you. "

Somin rolled her eyes surprised and said. 

"DANIEL?! "

"Whoh! Can you lower your voice? "

"What are you doing here?! "

"I am happy to see you too. "

"How is that possible? Are you working here?! "

"Yeah, I do. I have been working here for at least 5 years. And finally I got promoted. "

Somin was at loss of words. She could never imagine that Daniel was working all these years in the same company with her. 

("How come I never see him? ")

"I am guessing you are wondering how come we never saw each other. "

("Is he in my head or something? ")

"As you see, you were placed in a much better position than I was. "

"Oh, that's why... "

"Exactly. Well I proved then that I deserved better and here I am. "

"Wow, that's..that's great, isn't it? "

"Of course it is and especially since I am YOUR partner. "

"What?! "

"Haha you are even cuter when you are angry."

Somin's cheeks got red from embarrassement and she immediately covered her face so he couldn't see her. 

"What now? Did you got embarrassed?" He said with a smile. 

"What?! No! Stop teasing me too much. "


"I'm not teasing you. I meant what I said. "

"Nice joke. "

"Mr. Carter thinks the same. "

"What?! I don't believe you. "

"It's true. "

"How do you know? "

"He told me. We are childhood friends so we are talking time to time. "

("That explains a lot! He wanted to see the person who his old friend will work with. ")

"Oh, I see. Okay then. Let's get to work. We have a lot of things to do and I still don't believe you."

"What a woman." 

Daniel said with a gentle smile and continued preparing his desk. Somin pretended that she didn't hear anything. Somin was still socked from what had happened. She was glancing at Daniel all the time. She was watching him how he was immersed in his computer screen. He was really good at his work. 

("Ah, Somin! Focus! ")

After some minutes, their lunch break was announced.

("Ugh, seriously now?! ")

Somin wasn't hungry so she decided to stay at her desk and continue her work. Then Daniel approached her. 

"Hey, are you trying to get exhausted? Cause there are other ways than working at lunch break. "

"No, I'm not hungry so I thought that instead of fooling around I should do something useful. "

"I see.. Always thinking about work. That's what I like about you. "

"Excuse me? "

"Oh, nothing. So do you want to bring you anything? Like coffee or something ?"

"Hmm, I would like a coffee please ."

"Okay then! Double espresso with milk? "

"Yeah! How did you-? "

"When we were at high school, you told me once that this was your favourite coffee. "

"And you still remember it? "

"Of course I do. I should get going. I won't be able to buy us anything. "

"Yeah, you are right. See you then. "

Daniel waved at her and left. He ate at restaurant with some friends and then went

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter