Jun Pyo: The Scars she left me

Vulnerable Heart One-shots

It came as something sudden. Five years ago he too was asked to leave Geum Jan Di behind. At first Goo Jun Pyo was angry. How could he walk away from the person he loved? Not when he had worked so hard to get the person he loved the most. He remembers throwing a fit in front of his parents and Jae Hee. Then, as usual Geum Jan Di had scolded him.

“Don’t be so selfish!” She had yelled through her tears.

“If Yi Jeong and Ji Hoo can do this with Ga Eul and Ariel so can we.”
 

These were the words that had put him at ease. There were moments very brief when Goo Jun Pyo could not understand why they were together. They were both hot blooded and most of the time they argued about nothing and everything. In other people’s eyes Jun Pyo didn’t care if they though he and Geum Jan Di were not compatible.

 

All he wanted was for Geum Jan Di to look at only him. Getting ready to board his private plane back to Korea Jun Pyo was glad. Silently he counted his blessing. Even though he’d been gone for the last five years, that did not mean he had not seen Geum Jan Di since. Both had money and could travel back and forth as much as they wanted. It wasn’t that they did so often just on special occasion like birthdays, holidays and of course there were phone calls, skype, etc.

 

Jun Pyo counted his blessing at least he wasn’t like Ariel and Ji Hoo whom met only once a year for summers when Ji Hoo would fly out to see her for a week. Then of course there was Yi Jeong and Ga Eul whom had not seen each other for the past five years.

“Count yourself lucky.” Jun Pyo thought to himself.

 

The truth was he had always loved Geum Jan Di smiling he thought of the time he met her for the first time.

 

Goo Jun Pyo felt uncomfortable. His mother had made him wear a suit that was a little too small for him. His shoes were pinching his toes and his hair had been combed so tightly the curls in his hair were gone, covered by gel.

“We’re having guests over. You’ll have a play date.”
“Unless it’s Woo Bin, Ji Hoo or Yi Jeong I don’t want to play with anyone else.” Five-year-old Jun Pyo spoke.

 

People and other kids annoyed him. Often people gave him gifts, and invited him to children’s’ parties because of his parents. It was only his friends whom he had grown up with which he trusted. They were F4.

“You’ll like her Jun Pyo.”
“Her?” Jun Pyo spoke scrunching his nose in disgust.

“A girl! Girls have cooties!” He shouted outraged.

“I don’t want to play with a girl!” He shouted.

 

His fit was ignored by his parents who were use to Jun Pyo’s fits. But it was Jae Hee who walked over to him pulling him by his ear.

“What did you say brat!” Jae Hee snapped.

“Ouch let go!” Jun Pyo shouted trying to free himself from his sisters’ grasp.

After a few more seconds of struggling Jun Pyo was saved by the doorbell ringing.

“Enough you two.” Their mother spoke before heading to go open the door. Their father fallowing and gently pushing both Jae Hee and Jun Pyo forward to go greet their guests.

 

There was a man and a woman standing in front of them beside them holding on to her mother’s skirt was a small little girl. Her eyes were big and round, her dark hair so long that it fell down to her waist. was in a perfect pout. She was the prettiest girl Jun Pyo had ever seen. For a moment he found himself frozen.

“Jun Pyo why don’t you and Jae Hee play with Jan Di.” His mother spoke.

“Jan Di” Jun Pyo thought to himself while looking at the little girl in front of him.

“Jae Hee take them to play.” His mother spoke.

Jun Pyo knew not to be rude in front of guests and simply allowed his sister to take hold of his hand, Jan Di and lead them to the back yard where his parents had built a playground for him and his friends to play.

“Wait here mom just got me a new tea set and we can play tea party.” Jae Hee spoke before walking away.

 

Her words made Jun Pyo annoyed. Whenever he was with his sister she would always make him play princess of tea party he was getting tired of it.

“I don’t want to play that. It’s stupid.” He snapped. Turning to Jan Di whom was quietly staring at him he looked at her condescendingly.

“If you want to play with me you have to do what I say.” He spoke to her.

“I don’t want to play with you then.” Jan Di spoke calmly before trying to walk away.

“Is she crazy?” Jun Pyo wondered to himself following Geum Jan Di.

“Hey! What are you doing?” Jun Pyo snapped.

“Are you crazy! You’re in my house, so you have to do what I say.” He spoke when he reached for her hand he pulled too hard and caused little Geum Jan Di to fall on her . He expected her to cry instead she glared at him, stood up, took hold of Jun Pyo’s right hand and bit down causing him to yell.

 

He was sure she’d torn a piece of flesh of him as he screamed in pain, feeling anger.

“Are you a dog!” He yelled shoving her again.
“Don’t push me!” Jan Di yelled back standing up and pushing him, when he was down she grabbed hold of his hair and began to pull. Reaching for her hair Jun Pyo tugged until she fell. The two began to roll around hitting each other angrily. It wasn’t until Jae Hee came back and began yelling prompting their parents to run out and separate both Jun Pyo and Jan Di.

 

Thinking back now Jun Pyo smiled at the memory. That should have been plenty of indication of how volatile their relationship would be. By the end of that day Jun Pyo had been scolded severely by his mother and father for hitting a girl. Of course, there were more of these fights through out their childhood. If Geum Jan Di would bite him, he would kick her. If she pulled his hair, he would pull right back. Their childhood was filled with scraped knees, bloodied elbows, and too many bite marks. Goo Jun Pyo had a scar right below his right shoulder from an occasion where he threw Geum Jan Di’s favorite doll in Yi Jeong’s kiln. Their parents simply summed it up as kids being kids. Of course, they had come up with a merger and it had been decided that he and Geum Jan Di would one day get married.

 

Goo Jun Pyo was never against it. From the moment he saw Geum Jan Di he knew he liked her. However, taming her… thinking about that now made Jun Pyo laugh. He knew that Geum Jan Di was her own person and did what she please. There was no way he would ever tame her if anything he knew he complied to her every will simply to make her happy. Of course that wasn’t always the case.

 

Geum Jan Di had been ignoring him for the past few days. They went to school together now and his friends had all gotten to know Geum Jan Di. All of them seemed to like her, simply for the fact that she would take Goo Jun Pyo down a peg whenever he got out of hand. They’d just started kinder garden together and for the most part Jun Pyo stuck with his friends and Geum Jan Di of course. She wasn’t too keen on making friends either but seemed to make a lot more enemies by sticking up for others. Jun Pyo kept to himself and simply mouthed off if someone other than F4 wanted to play with them.

 

At school for the most part Goo Jun Pyo behaved, unless Geum Jan Di was involved. The other boys in school all found her pretty. All of them complementing her. Jun Pyo heard a boy tell Geum Jan Di how pretty her hair was. His friends had all agreed that Geum Jan Di was pretty.

“She’s ugly!” Jun Pyo had shouted.

“She’s so ugly I can’t even look at her!”
This had caused him a good hair pulling from Geum Jan Di and in the end a letter home from his teacher.

 

Needless to say he was punished when he got home. It was because of this last incident that Geum Jan Di had stopped talking to him. Usually she would fight back but this time she would simply avoid him. The last straw for him was watching her talking to Ji Hoo and laughing with him while they played with a wooden robot.

“Why are you playing with her? She’s ugly!” Jun Pyo yelled at Ji Hoo.

“Don’t call her that. Jan Di is our friend.” Ji Hoo spoke calmly.

“She’s my fiancée and I can call her what I want and she is ugly.” Jun Pyo yelled angrily.

 

At the time in Jun Pyo’s five-year-old mind he’d gotten into his head that if he called Geum Jan Di ugly in front of everyone enough, they would eventually believe it and leave her alone of course he truly did regret what he did next.

 

Nap time had come for the small five-year-old. Goo Jun Pyo couldn’t stop thinking about what happened earlier. There had to be a way for everyone to think Geum Jan Di was ugly. He was angry to see that Geum Jan Di continued to ignore him and of course once again play with every else. She’d chosen to sleep beside Ji Hoo during nap time while he was forced to sleep beside Woo Bin. Standing up from his small makeshift bed on the floor Jun Pyo glared at Jan Di who was sleeping on her stomach. The teacher had stepped out moments before thinking everyone was asleep. Looking around the classroom Jun Pyo headed to the teacher’s desk and simply grabbed a pair of scissors. Heading to Geum Jan Di, careful not to wake anyone Jun Pyo simply reached for a strand of her hair and cut.

By the time he was finished Jan Di’s hair was cut above her shoulders unevenly. Hair was everywhere on the floor.

“Goo Jun Pyo what are you doing?”

Startled Goo Jun Pyo jumped when he heard his teacher who was rushing to take the scissors away, in the process everyone seemed to wake up. Geum Jan Di immediately stirred from sleep turning herself on her back before opening her eyes and sitting up. When she noticed Goo Jun Pyo standing above her, the teacher forcible removing the scissors form his hand Jan Di gave him a look of confusion.

“Goo Jun Pyo what did you do?” Ji Hoo spoke up beside Geum Jan Di while both Woo Bin and Yi Jeong looked on in shock and awe.

“What’s going on? What’s this?” Geum Jan DI questioned when she saw strands of dark hair on the floor. It took her a moment to realize it was her hair. Quickly he small little hands reached to her head only to find that there was little left. Goo Jun Pyo expected Geum Jan Di to hit him and simply braced himself by shutting his eyes tightly. However, what he heard was a harsh wail that caused him to open his eyes in shock when he saw Geum Jan Di crying.

 

No matter how much they fought or how much they bullied one another Geum Jan Di had never cried. Instantly, Goo Jun Pyo felt guilt and when he was pulled away from the classroom and the teacher called his parents all Goo Jun Pyo could think about was how Geum Jan Di looked when she cried. When he got home that afternoon he’d been yelled at by both his mother and father, though he was not suspended as he was the Shinwa heir he received punishment at home.

 

The next day when he went to school Geum Jan Di did not attend. His friends were upset with him as they said he had gone too far. Goo Jun Pyo did feel bad but he was unwilling wo back down. He acted as this was not a big deal in front of everyone. However, Goo Jun Pyo did worry about when Geum Jan Di would come back.

 

For the next week he did not see her until a new week. Come Monday everyone was shocked to see Geum Jan Di with short hair. The kids who had been Geum Jan Di’s friends and had been eager to talk to her now . Geum Jan Di took it in stride keeping her head up and pretending as if nothing mattered. She wouldn’t look at him; their eyes had only met once but Geum Jan Di had quickly looked away in order to avoid his gaze.

 

By the time lunch came she wouldn’t even talk to Woo Bin, Yi Jeong or Ji Hoo. Geum Jan Di simply kept to herself and sadly sat on her own. Goo Jun Pyo didn’t know how to fix it. He couldn’t admit his faults and didn’t know how to do so anyway. When naptime came Geum Jan Di was sent to sleep beside the teacher. When Ji Hoo tried to approach her she refused and the teacher kindly asked Ji Hoo to leave her alone. Once again, this earned disapproval from his friends who could only blame him.

 

Goo Jun Pyo couldn’t sleep that day and by the time school was out and all of his friends except he and Geum Jan Di had been picked up. Goo Jun Pyo and Geum Jan Di found themselves sitting at opposite ends of a bench waiting for their drivers to pick them up.

 

It was then that a boy in their class went to sit beside Geum Jan Di. He didn’t say anything at first. Instead he began to make faces at Geum Jan Di, and stuck his tongue out at her. Goo Jun Pyo found it annoying. More so when he began to pull Geum Jan Di’s short hair.

“Hey! Let go!” Geum Jan Di shouted pushing the boy harshly to the ground though he was still holding on to her hair causing to fall with him.

 

The boy seemed to use this as an advantage simply getting up and kicking Geum Jan Di who groaned in pain, though she did not cry.

“Ugly girls like you deserved to die.” He spoke. Having heard enough Goo Jun Pyo simply walked toward them swinging his backpack at the boy and hitting him in the head. This caused the boy to fall and Goo Jun Pyo simply stepped on his back while the boy began to cry.

“Don’t ever touch her! She may be ugly but she’s mine and no one gets to touch her” Goo Jun Pyo spoke coldly.

“If you bother her again you’ll die.” When Goo Jun Pyo removed his foot the boys simply ran crying for his mommy. Goo Jun Pyo didn’t say anything to Geum Jan Di simply glared at her and helped her up.

“You could have hit him back!” He snapped. Though when Geum Jan Di tried to let go of his hand, he refused to let her go.

 

Geum Jan Did didn’t say anything, and she did not try to budge.

“I’m sorry.” Goo Jun Pyo spoke.

“I shouldn’t have cut your hair… here.” Goo Jun Pyo spoke reaching into his backpack to pull out a brownie that was flattened mainly because he had hit the other kid. A black car pulled up and Goo Jun Pyo knew it was for Geum Jan Di who had already opened the brownie. She took a bite and then smashed it in Goo Jun Pyo’s face. He was shocked but before he could react Geum Jan Di had raised their intertwined hands up to and bit him causing him to cry out in pain.

“You’re crazy!”

 

Geum Jan Di then laughed at him her eyes dancing with joy.

“It’s okay. I forgive you.” She spoke with a smile before walking away.

 

That had been such a long time ago and Goo Jun Pyo still had a trace of a scar in between his thumb and index finger. Back then things had been so different. They were volatile children who had a hard time expressing their feelings for one another. As the years went on Goo Jun Pyo got better with expressing his feelings for Geum Jan Di. From time to time he still teased Geum Jan Di, mainly to get his way, much like he had when he’d stolen Geum Jan Di’s first kiss. Laughing to himself Goo Jun Pyo sighed when he heard the pilot announce they were landing.

 

Reaching for the ring in his pocket Goo Jun Pyo smirked to himself. Now, there was one last thing to do.

(A/N next chapter will be Mr. Chu POV Ga Eul, YI Jeong Ariel and Ji Hoo will come later on don't worry!)