~ Ninth December

♥ Palette: The Chronological Love Affair ♥

9th December 2017

Jieun not sure if Jiyong will be here tonight. If he hasn't, all of her plan will go haywire. She felt like crying now. Another 30 minutes before the main show start. And there is still no sign of Jiyong. She had tried to call either Jiyong and his manager, Lee Taehee. But both men did not pick-up her call. The last time he had answered her phone call, he was still at Narita Airport. Apparently, his flight had delayed. Jieun already started to panic but tried to avert her focus on her training for her concert.

"Jieun, proceed to the stage." Her manager, Park Jung Hyun had instructed her. Reluctantly, she give up her phone to one of the concert crew before heading to the stage entrance. For the first half of the concert, her stylist had insist that she wore the baby blue flowy dress. Jieun had been nervous about her plan that she did not bother with the dress arrangement. She fully trusted the stylist to make her look the best on the night of the concert. 

"Listen, Jieun," She turn to her manager. "Jiyong will definitely come tonight. If not, I will personally murder him." 

Jieun look at him in horror. "Kidding!" Park Jung Hyun bark out laughing. Jieun rolled her eyes. She turn her attention at the audiences which are full with her Uaenas'. She smiled gratefully.

"I just want you to focus on tonigt concert. Don't worry too much about Jiyong. He will defnitely come, ok." Jieun nodded her head. "Hwaiting!!" 

Jieun salute to her manager before walking up to the stage. The show started as plan...

Once she had finished the song ‘Love Alone’, she knows what song comes after that. It is her duet song with Jiyong and as far she knows, there is no update on his appearance tonight. If Jiyong did not turn up for tonight show, his part will be played through the audio system. Jieun refused to replace Jiyong singing part with any backing vocalists or someone else. This lead a heated argument between Jieun and her producer. Jiyong was present at the time but he did not interfere in the debating. He knows better to get involved in Jieun work affair. Jieun was not pleased to have anyone defending her in an argument that she knows she could win. And definitely she is too proud of a woman to ask petty help from her famous fiancée.

Jieun look at the audience that had attended her Jamsil concert. She could easily recognize some familiar faces seated in the audience. They are the fans of her fiancée, VIP. Well, there seems to be 2 common groups that had attended her concert tonight. For most of it, the same fans who happens to be Jiyong’s true fans that will support his career and the type that would not care much of Jiyong’s girlfriends. The other group of fans which are the typical ‘stay-away-from-my-oppa’ hardcore fans. Jieun had her share with their colorful verbal abuse from such fans. Luckily enough, she is way too matured to entertain such dramatic scene. Besides, she had Jiyong’s true fans to thanks for. Because without her asking, they had ardently supported her and defended her.

Jieun truly appreciate their efforts and in return, she had her management team to personally investigate who they are so that Jieun could RSVP them for tonight show. Because tonight show is meant to be a very important event for her and Jiyong.

It is the night where all stipulations and guesses will be answered by them. However, Jiyong is yet to make any appearance. Jieun is patiently waiting for her oppa…

Then she heard over her earpiece. The very much awaited moment. And right on  cue, their song been played. The crowd burst out loud. It almost drowned the song. Jieun could not help herself but trying to search for Jiyong. However, it is her cue to sing and she has to get on the show. She has to trust her oppa to be there during his cue. But as she sang her last verse before Jiyong cue, she has becomes more nervous ever.

I like it. I'm twenty five.

nal miwohaneun geo ara.

I got this. I'm truly fine.

ije jogeum al geot gata nal.

Then she heard his voice...

eoryeoseo modeun ge eoryeowo
jansorie, 'mae' seoreowo
kkujungman deutdeon cheolbuji, 'ae'
gyeou seumugogae neomeo
gippeumdo jamsi eomeo?!
apeunikka wen cheongchunirae

jieuna oppaneun maliya
jigeum mak seoreuninde,
naneun jeoldaero aniya
geunde mak eoreuni dwae
ajikdo hancham meoleotneunde
neoboda daseot sal bakke an meokeotneunde

seumul wi, seoreun arae
'gomamttae' Right there
aedo eoreundo anin nai ttae
geujeo 'na'il ttae
gajang chanranhage bichi na
eodumi deuriwojil ttaedo geobnaeji ma

neomu areumdawoseo kkotip hwaljjak pyeoseo
eonjena sarangbadneun ai You
Palette, (Eh) ilgi, (Eh) jamdeuleotdeon sigandeul

Jieun watch Jiyong enter the stage as he sang his part. Their eyes met with each other and it remains like it is even after Jieun had finished sang the song. She could not help but smile and could feel tears welling up. Jiyong standing infront of her, just like a dream. He was wearing his blue oversize pantsuit and that ridiculous yellow spectacle that he begged her to buy a month ago. The crowd who yet to settle down ever since Jiyong made his appearance on stage. Now they are chanting something like - 'Hug! Hug! Hug!'

Jieun look away from Jiyong as the man took her hand in his and walk to a standby mic which Jieun did not realise it was there earlier. With their linking hands, the crowd becomes more upriorious. Jieun tries to pull away but Jiyong stop her with his whisper: "It is now or never..."

Jieun could only nodded her head. She watch Jiyong takes the lead for what to happen next.

"Everyone, good evening. I hope everyone had enjoy IU latest song featuring me." Jiyong has to pause before he continues again. The crowd could not be settle down. They are either happy for them or the right opposite. But these would not stop their intention.

"We have a very special announcement to make and share with you." Jieun nodded to Jiyong for him to continue. "Four years ago I was invited to one of the parties that held by TOP-hyung. I always been to his mediocre parties and felt that this party will be the same as always. However, little did I known that I will be meeting  a very special lady. Well, that night as I recalled I did not talk to her instead I avoided her like a plague."

The crowd goes burst again. Some cheering and some jeering.

"Yes. That lady is Lee Jieun. The lady that I've kept meeting with in other parties by our mutual friends and when we are already in the friendzone, she is someone who stand by my side even when the whole world hates me." This earn a total silent from the crowd. 

"However in that one year or so that we're in the friendzone, I remained a coward. I did not dare profess my love for her and when I did finally sum-up the courage, she beat me up to it. She literally shouted to the room of how much she in love with me without knowing that I was also in the same room with her." Jiyong deliberately flick Jieun nose playfully as they recalled the funny scene three years ago - in Hong Kong during MAMA awards show.

"And the next three years we simply had a beautiful life together as boyfriend who crazily in love with his girlfriend relationship. Until exact two months ago, I felt that I wanted more out of this relationship. But I do not know whether my beloved Jieun-nie wanted the same thing like me. This time, I wouldn't make the same mistake again -  I would not allow Jieun to be the first to do this..." 

Now it is Jieun turn to share her stories...

The crowd could now be heard encouraging her to continue.

"When I accepted to accompany Seungri oppa to TOP oppa party that night four years ago, I would be happy if someone could warn me that I would be meeting the person who turn my world upside down and, later in our relationship, he drives me crazy with his sweetness overload. And he always surprises me of who the real person behind the name G-Dragon. Not only his fashion sense can be overwhelming but don't be fool by that because this man is a better cook than me at home." This has earn a round of laughter from the crowd. "He loves to cook me Chicken bulgogi with salted egg. His specialty!"

"Yes I thought that my life as a recording artiste who everyone dubbed as the nation's sister, led a pretty decent and low profile life. But if you could trade place with me, you will not believe what I learnt about this man here. He could cook. He is a best teacher in cooking, fashion and relationship!" Jieun laugh along with the crowd while Jiyong looking more embarassed.

"He is simply a down-to-earth person. And that's the reason I had accepted his marriage proposal..."