~ A Single White Rose

♥ Palette: The Chronological Love Affair ♥

4th December 17

Jieun remain silent once they reached their hotel. She went straight to the kitchen to grab a glass of ice water from the fridge. Her eyes noticed that the fridge has been stored with varieties of snacks and cans of beer. In the sink, dirty dishes are piling up and there are dirty pots on the cooker. After she empty the glass of water, she goes about to clear up the kitchen. Maybe cook a decent meal for the two of them. But once she had finished clearing the sink from the dirty dishes, Jiyong enters the kitchen.

"I have book us a dinner reservation. We having sushi for dinner and after that, we could stroll down the park nearby." Jiyong has now standing in front of Jieun, swiping her fringe to the right side of her angelic face. Jieun smiled. She knows she can't stay angry that long with the man who indeed turn her world upside down. She did sort of a flash back from the past when she unexpectedly announce her love for Jiyong out loud in her empty hotel room. She thought that the person who she allowed to enter her hotel was either her manager or Yoo Inna. Instead, it was Jiyong and things turns pretty amazing after her unexpected announcement though.

" I realised that I have been in love with the wrong girl when we were first met."

She should not doubt his love for her. She should be discussing with him about her any doubt that she might be feeling. Jieun decided to bring up the matter during dinner later. Whatever the consequences after it, she will have to deal with it later. 

"Sure." She walked away to their shared bedroom suite. Jiyong following behind her. "Why are you following me, oppa? Do you not have anything else to do?" 

"About my question in the van a while ago..." Jiyong look sort of dead serious. Jieun was taken aback from it. But she guess that the matter has been brought up again by Jiyong way before her intended plan. She has nothing to hide about her feeling for Young Bae oppa. He is just a friend to her. And nothing more than that. However, it seems way out of it for Jiyong to be so curious about her friendship with Young Bae. She choose to seat on the bed and Jiyong choose to seat beside her. Their hands held together.

"Oppa, I don't know what Young Bae oppa had told you, but between us, he is just a friend. And nothing more." Jieun watched Jiyong a deep breathe before releasing it slowly.

"He gave you a single white rose. He knew you received that rose because he spied on you." That white rose. Of course, she knew that it was from Young Bae. He did not leave any note that bares his name but Jieun instint knows it was him the sender. As she recalled during the moment they announce their relationship officially, Jieun noticed that Young Bae has been behaving rather weird. Well, he look like a lost love puppy. And she know at that time, he has yet to meet his current girlfriend. The moment Jieun received the white rose, she had showed it to both her close friends - Tiffany Hwang and Hyunah. Both of them had advised her to just throw away the rose as it might gives wrong idea from Jiyong. Afterall, the white rose does not mean anything special. 

"It is pretty harmless." Tiffany had told her. Hyunah nodded in agreement. "But just to play safe, throw it away. And stay away from Young Bae during this short while." Jieun had followed their advised and for almost 4 years now, the white rose was never been mentioned until now. 

Jieun nodded her head. "Yes, I received it but there is nothing to make of it. I don't particularly know the meaning behind it." Jiyong nodded his head too. He seems to take her answer in strike.

"What makes he brings up the white rose thingy, oppa?"

"I asked him the meaning behind his hit single 'Eyes, Nose and Lips'. What he told me was pretty shocking?" Jiyong let go Jieun hands. But keeps his eyes on his girlfriend.

"What is it?" Jieun now feel very curious. She nudge her boyfriend.

"It was about you..." Jieun watched Jiyong eyes seems to study her face for any sort of suspicious reaction. One thing for sure she beginning to feel so uneasy about this whole thing.

"No I don't. He has feeling for me?" Jiyong nodded his head.

"What did you do to the rose?" Jiyong asked. He seems to remain curious about the whole affair of that single white rose. Jieun told everything that she had done to Jiyong. But not her suspicious on Young Bae behaviour at those years. That will make things a little harder for her to make Jiyong believed her. 

"Tiffany is right. White rose meant nothing. But you should at least told me, Jagi."

"What? I know you oppa. I know what will happen next if I told you about that rose. You wouldn't care if it is your best friend. You will pulp him to death. So no. I think I made the right decision of not telling you." Jieun looks away from Jiyong stare. 

"I am that jealous huh...?" Jieun nodded her head. 

"You are prefect in everything else but of course, you do have shortcomings too. And I will not change anything about you oppa." Jiyong smiled sincerely. How Jieun knows because she saw a single - almost invisible tear, flowing down his cheek. 

"I love you so much my little palette...!" Jiyong hugged Jieun before smothered her with a kiss.

"How about you?" Jieun asked after they pulled apart. He look at her curiously. "What about me?"

"Your feeling for Kiko..." Jieun dreaded to ask him that question even though she had agreed with herself not to bring up that question again. Never doubt his love for her. But she seems couldn't control her tongue.

"I stopped loving her even before we met. And the moment we met, I felt sure about the lost love between Kiko and me." Jiyong shuddered. "It was all about at that time. And you know what?"

Jieun raised her eyebrow for him to continue.

"When we were having , I ever imagine that I am doing it with you." Jiyong face changed into the color of beetroot. 

"Am I supposed to feel turn on to that? Oppa, let's stop this conversation. It's getting weird the very next minute." Jieun cringe her face as she tried to get away from Jiyong who burst out laughing.

"Well that's the truth, Jagi!"

Jieun turn to face her boyfriend before deciding to make herself a sandwich in the kitchen. "If you continue this conversation, I'll make sure there will be no until the end of the year!"

Jiyong automatically stop talking. "Ok fine. I'll stop now."