~ By the Lake

♥ Palette: The Chronological Love Affair ♥

7th December 17

Jiyong has been waiting for this moment for months already. When he saw her splendid performance on Melon Music Award 17, that night, he finds his utmost courage to take the most important phase in his life. He has not been very happy with their decision in the past about their relationship status. And he is determine to change the situation. He has always wanted to date her openly in public and no dating-in-van. At the same time, he has clear certain issues that had been haunting him all these years. The truth about the white rose that was given to Jieun from his best friend Young Bae. And he admitted that it does give him an insecure feeling and doubt Jieun love for him. He simply could not live without his sunshine. He knows that Jieun has an army of male friends who did express shamelessly their admirer to his lady love. He has never felt threaten by their presence but not Young Bae. The guy looks like a lost soul when he had announce to him of his relationship status with Jieun. At that time, he did feel the flare of jealousy but lucky for Young Bae, Seunghyun was there to restrict him.

"This is Young Bae, Yong. He's like your brother. You got think rational about the whole situation." Seunghyun had numerously advised him during those week. Subsequently, Jiyong could slowly ignore how miserable Young Bae had been for his relationship with Jieun. Jiyong had expected, out of all people, Young Bae should be happy for him. Or at least pretend to be happy. But nothing of that happens. Young Bae did not acted out his unhappiness for Jiyong happiness but there was certain intensity whenever they were in the same room. Even Daesung could feel it. Seungri pretend not to notice whilst Seunghyun did try to advise Young Bae  to see things with Jiyong. When things seems to get worse, Jiyong decided to do the honour of open confrontation with Young Bae. Seunghyun was presence acting as middle person. Young Bae had told him everything of his secret feeling for Jieun. He blamed himself that he had lost the chance to be with someone like Jieun. He knows that he had lost Jieun when she did not bother to response to his white rose. At that exact moment, Jiyong would love to forget that Young Bae has been his best buddy and one of the most important people in his life. He wanted to hurt Young Bae so much that he even think of commiting murder. 

"What white rose?!"

"The one that I gave it to her. But she did not respond. Hell, she even acting that nothing of the sort happen. And I saw she received!" Young Bae had cried out in a fit of tears. Jiyong find it ridiculous that he has no respect to be acting that way in front of Jieun rightfully boyfriend.

"Maybe she does not want to hurt your feeling. Maybe she only treated you like a friend." Seunghyun casually pointed out to Young Bae in his baritone voice. Jiyong watched Young Bae just nodded sadly before telling them that he would like to go for a short trip to clear his mind. Jiyong numbly agreed to his suggestion. He felt nothing but anger for his best buddy. However, he knows deep down Jieun wouldn't be happy to learn that he had mercilessly hit his bestfriend.

Jiyong had confront Jieun over the issues of the white rose and her exact feeling for Young Bae. And he has choose to believe her since there is nothing in their 3 years of relationship that gives him any evidence that Jieun might have secret feeling for Young Bae. It is her nature to think nicely of everyone even though some people will still be jealous and tries their best to hurt his Jieun.

When Jiyong had shared his decision with Seunghyun, the man point out about his pending military service. "Why not wait after you finish your military duty?"

"No hyung. According to my plan, after my enlistment, maybe a month or two, we will become husband and wife." Jiyong had the biggest smile plastered on his face. The image of their wedding with Jieun wearing the most beautiful wedding gown and the images subsequently change to where both of them be receiving their bundle of joys. Jiyong always wanted to have three children. All girls who looks exactly like their mother. Jiyong never ask Jieun how many children she wanted in future. Maybe he could ask later then.

"You have everything plan out did you?" Seunghyun asked Jiyong. He is very happy for the Bigbang leader.  Afterall, they are had been friends for more than ten years now and counting. "How about Young Bae? When you will be telling him?"

"I will tell him and the rest when Jieun said yes to my proposal." Seunghyun nodded his head as in understanding his friend predicament. He has done his very best to ask Young Bae to move on and find his sunshine somewhere else. And it seems the short man had finally move his focus to someone beside the Nation's little sister. Even though Min Hyo Rin is not exactly a good choice for Young Bae. Jiyong had seek the help from his hyung for tonight event. The man had accpeted the request duly. This task will somehow makes his mind occupied from his own monster.

"...oppa can we skip the park and just go someplace else...?" Jiyong ignore his girlfriend plea. He keeps on leading her to the park entrance. He held her hands in his arm while massage her fingers lightly. Once they enter the park, beautiful Japanese lantern had been decorated along the perimeter of the walkway. From the distance, the sound of Japanese traditional music could be heard through the cool night. Jiyong sneak a look at Jieun. She looks in awe with what's greeted her. A big wide smile plastered on her angelic face. She looks so beautiful tonight in her beautiful top and floral skirt. She had wear her long overcoat to keep her warm from the winter night. When she glanced up at Jiyong, she could not help it but squeal in happiness. She laid her cheek on his arm. Sher whispered,

"This is just what I have in my mind of a romantic night, oppa..."

Jiyong teased. "Not the haunted park with wandering spirit lurking around, huh?" 

"Oppa...!" Jieun hit Jiyong arm childishly. Jiyong love the whining of her voice. Matter of fact, he kind of miss hearing it lately. Well, Jiyong smiply love everything about her. Not a single thing that he had dislikes about her. Ok, maybe he seriously uncomfortable with the fact that Jieun had a lots of male friends and her female friends as far Jiyong could count is around five people. And those five friends has sincerely love Jieun like a sister. As for her male friends who she proudly calls them 'oppa' although she did introduce them to him. Jiyong believes that, not only him but other boyfriends out there share the same sentiment. When Jiyong did point out that to her, she will casually wave him away. Never did she retaliate by pointed out Jiyong lists of female close friend. Instead, she had told Jiyong one day that she had trusted him and in return, he has to trust her with the same gratitude. Still, Jiyong insist her not to become way friendly with her male co-star or any male singer. Well, he admitted he has become a jealous man ever since with Jieun.

"Come...let's go over there..." Jiyong points out to a location that has the brightest light from the lantern.

"What's over there oppa...?"

"Surprise..." Jiyong lean down , kiss her forehead. Jieun duly follow him. As they walk to the spot, Jiyong heard her sweet voice humming a melodius tune as her finger lightly touch the outline of the flower along the path. If given the chance, Jiyong know for sure she will be skipping happily alongside him as they link their hands together. Jieun is a person who will find everything positive and beautiful in each living things and person. She has never a bad bone in her or bad and negative opinion towards others. She will find something to smile about even during a bad day.She is Jiyong sunshine and he needs her in his life so much.

As they getting nearer to the spot, he has to do the next step according to his plan.

"Jieunnie..."

"Yes...oppa."

"Having you in my life is a beautiful feeling.

You make me feel so special with all that you say and all that you do.

And today, all I want to say is you are the one I love and no matter what I will forever keep loving you..."

Both of them had now reach to the spot where Jiyong had intended. He never left his sight on his angel. And Jieun eyes has look into his eyes deeply. Her voice trembled as she whisper his name,

"Oppa..."

"What I'm trying to say is that I'm so ready for our future together." Jiyong slide down to the patches of grass in one bended knee. His hand has take out a red velvet box in his coat pocket and open up the lid that showcase the glittering diamond ring from Cartier which he had it custom-make it two days ago.

"Omo...oppa.." But Jieun eyes did not look at the diamond ring. Her eyes who now glistening with tear drop, still looking into Jiyong eyes lovingly. Jiyong could feel her true love for him.

"Marry me...?" He take out the diamond ring from the red velvet box and slide it on her finger.

"Jieun, I will promise to love you forever more...every each day of my life..."