Terrible (Sunggyu)

31 Days of December Drabbles

December 3: Terrible (Sunggyu & the Infinite Members)



Sunggyu found it terrible when the rest of the members made fun of him, whether it was on a variety show, on the radio, or even just at home. Sure most of the time it was teasing but sometimes, just sometimes, he could hear s say what was really on their mind and it hurt. Sunggyu knew that he was a tough leader and sometimes worked his kids to death but that was what they signed up; it make music and show the world that they could make it. But that didn't mean that it didn't hurt.

Everyone knows that Sunggyu's singing made up 65% of their songs, it was just how it went. And everyone also knows that Sunggyu never wanted to be in an idol group; he had wanted to branch out and be in a rock group. Sometimes when the hurt got too much, he thought about leaving. He would finish up promotions and then ask to leave. He could work on rock music, go do some busking, and maybe just live the life he had dreamed of when he had first auditioned. 

But he knew he wouldn't be the first to leave Infinite because even if he was the hard leader that everyone seemed to annoy and avoid, he was their core. He kept them together, he kept the peace as best he could. He was their friend, confidant, hyung, and leader. Sunggyu had been there from the beginning and he would be there until the end. Which is why he had also seen Hoya's eventual leave from the band. Hoya hadn't been happy for the longest time. Sure he loved his fans and members but he wanted to make his own music, to bring something new to the table. So he went to Sunggyu and ignoring the burning in his stomach, Sunggyu called for a family meeting that would in end in tears, yelling, anger, and eventually acceptance. 

So even though it the members made him feel bad with their words, their actions spoke differently. He glanced down at Woohyun clinging to his left side and Sungjong on his right, with Sungyeol hanging off the maknae. In between his legs was Dongwoo, cuddled up to his stomach and both Myungsoo and Hoya were holding one of his hands. He smiled sadly, looking at Hoya, who was the only one awake. Sunggyu brought his hand up to his face, kissing Hoya's hand gentle. “It'll be ok Hoya, we'll support you all the way. We love you and you'll go far.”

Hoya's eyes teared up, “Thanks hyung. I love you guys too.” 

And with that Hoya closed his eyes and joined the others in napping, leaving Sunggyu to think about the past and think about the plans for the future.