Believable (Eunhae)

31 Days of December Drabbles

December 1: Believable (Eunhae)


 

Idols weren't gay. That was the official statement all entertainment companies made so they wouldn't lose stock. Nobody believed it, which is why many idols participate in the secret betting pool that originated in the cloud practice room of SM. There were thousands of dollars from many idols, bets on who was gay and which idols were secretly dating. Some of it was believable and some wasn't but the biggest running bet going was if Eunhae (or Haehyuk some people labeled) was real. 

The idols never did their digging, it was too much work when they could scroll around the internet and see what the fans were talking about. The fans did some FBI level investigating, starting from the beginning of Super Junior's debut and scouring every picture, video, and Weibo post. It was a lot of material that even astounded Hyukjae and Donghae themselves. It didn't help that Hyukjae and Donghae played along, pretending to get married and doing excessive skinship. It raised the pot through the roof, especially when the rumor that Kim Heechul added his own money into the bet, betting for Eunhae being real. 

And if Hyukjae and Donghae spoke honestly to the fans, Eunhae hadn't been real until around after the IU scandal, where Hyukjae had been destroyed by the media and betrayed by IU. Hyukjae had thought IU was his friend but after those pictures of them went up, which had been pictures of him drunk and sad, he was bashed by the media. His reputation had been tarnished and he had to lay low for a while. And Donghae stayed by his side, letting Hyukjae cry on his shoulder. It had been so emotional that Hyukjae ended up confessing his deep feelings for Donghae, who cried and kissed him sloppily as an answer. 

So from the beginning of 2013, He and Donghae toned down their flirting in public (well as much as they could) and behind doors, things picked up. And even though they slipped up every once and a while, it was worth every moment.