Repeat (Jinkook)

31 Days of December Drabbles

December 4: Repeat (Jinkook)



Honestly, Seokjin tried not to think about his fans too much in his own time. There was one half of his fans who adored his looks and knew how much he tried when he was learning difficult choreography. They supported him, sending him nice letters and tweets. He felt great when they screamed his name at concerts and basically showed that they cared. On the other hand, he had fans who loved the other members, who he acknowledged were amazingly talented, that didn't really like him. They said that he couldn't sing, couldn't dance, and in general wasn't a good idol. It hurt but he used those words as encouragement and tried to improve himself. 

But on days like today, he just kept hearing the same words over and over. That he couldn't sing, that it was good he didn't have many lines in their main song. And thankfully he didn't have much to do today besides go do dance and vocal practice. So by the time it was five in the evening, Seokjin had finished everything, showered, eaten, and now he could sit in his bed and just tried to relax and ignore the world, if just for a moment. He was thankful that Hoseok and Namjoon were keeping the kids busy because although the boys were a good source of comfort, he just wanted to be by himself. 

He snuggled into his blankets, sighing in happiness as the warmth surrounded him. He slipped on his earbuds and started listening to some random boy band ballads. They soothed his soul and lulled him to sleep, not noticing Jungkook coming into his room and sneaking into his bed. Jungkook clung to his hyung, nuzzling his head against Seokjin's chest. He had noticed that Seokjin was quiet all day, well most of the members had noticed, but Jungkook told them he would take care of it. He removed the earbuds and set them aside, whispering into Seokjin's neck.

“Hyung is the best. He's smart and good looking and can cook really good. Don't tell the other hyungs, but you're my favorite. Love you Seokjin hyung.” Jungkook closed his eyes, ready to nap when Seokjin wrapped his arm around him. Seokjin blearily opened his eyes and looked at Jungkook, giving him a soft smile. “Thanks Kookie. I love you too.” 

They shared a gentle laugh, leaning in for a small kiss. Jungkook closed his eyes, with Seokjin swiftly following. Even on days when Seokjin needed to forget about the mean words his 'fans' said, Jungkook was there for him.