Is

Against all odds

“Omo oppa, thank you for the lunch! The food here is really yummy! If it wasn’t because I’m already full, I would’ve eaten the desserts too!” Hani pouted while looking at the dessert page of the restaurant for the last time. “Ya, you’re crazy, you know that? You are so skinny but you can eat up almost a whole cow! Your future husband is going to be poor trying to keep you fed” Heechul looked at Hani and flashed his signature smirked. “If I cannot find a husband then oppa, you shall keep me fed” Hani immediately shot back, only realising after a long pause,that she probably should’ve have said something like that because it’s awkward af. 

 

Silence...

Silence......

Silence.........

 

“Ah, I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have..” she hurriedly apologised, thinking that he might be actually offended by her words, only to be cut off halfway. “Are you sure about that? You have to take responsibility for your words” he in response and smiled as he watched her face grew redder by the seconds. “Op-op-oppa, that’s not what I meant!!!” she reached her hands forward, trying to explain herself again, but to only spill the glass of ice water on the table! “Ya! You clumsy girl! Stand up, quickly, I’ll clean it before it spills off the table!” Heechul stood up and walk towards Hani, pulling out her chair for her to stand up. He picked up the napkin from his seat and dropped it on the wet area on the table before patting it gently. “Excuse me, could you please clear the table for us? We’re done with the food, and so sorry for the mess caused” Heechul bowed his head and apologised to the waiter who walked towards them to clear the mess. “Sorry...” Hani said guiltily as she looked down. “Pabo” he whispered as he flicked her forehead lightly with his fingers. 

 

(At the lobby of the restaurant)

“Stop feeling bad already, it was an accident, not that you wanted it to happen” Heechul stopped walking and turned to face Hani. “Mmhm..” Hani nodded with a slight frown, still looking a little affected from the incident earlier. 

 

Hani’s POV

“Why am I so clumsy? I just made a fool out of myself, and what more, it was in front of oppa...” I thought, as I continued walking and walking until oppa stopped and turned to look at me. He told me not to be too affected, but I am affected not because of the huge mess I made, but because I did something stupid in front of him, which is embarrassing enough. Why is this bothering me so much..

 

“Makdoongi! Are you listening?” I heard him say while squishing my face with his hands. “YESSSSSS, OPPA STOPPPPPPP~ IM NOT A KID ANYMORE, STOPPPPP” I turned and told him in return, earning another flick from him on my forehead ㅠㅠ Ouch.

 

Out of a sudden, he took out his phone. “Let’s take a photo to celebrate that we finally met” he said as he got his camera app ready. 

 

“Wait! I’m not ready! My hair!”

 

“No, I don’t care, I’m taking it now” *snaps*

 

“Oppa!!!! Delete that!!!!”

 

“No, I told you I’m only taking 1” 

 

“Don’t be so mean ㅠㅠ”

 

“You have 5 seconds...5....4...”

 

“FINE! AT LEAST LET ME ADJUST MY HAIR AND MY POSE”

 

“3...2...1!” *snaps*

 

“That looks better! Send to me juseyo!”

 

“No, I don’t want to”

 

“Oppa, you’re mean! Hmmph!”

 

“Come on~ you have to practice later on right? Let’s send you back to your dorm” Heechul smiled and walked towards the direction of his manager’s van with Hani.

*beeps*

 

As she ended her dance practice, Hani’s phone beeped as her lips curled into a smile. “You can never trust the mighty Kim Hee Chul” she thought to herself as she saved the photo into her photo gallery.