Love

Against all odds

Sunday, 11:00am

Heechul POV

I didn’t have any schedules and I can’t believe I woke up at 7 in the morning and had difficulty going back to sleep. It’s frustrating how much I want to sleep in a little more but my body doesn’t want to listen to me, at all! It’s been a while since I met Hani so I thought I’ll check in with her whether she’s keen to catch up over lunch. She’s such a sleepyhead since the time I knew her!

 

Sunday 11:00am

Hani POV

Oh god, Heechul oppa just asked me out for lunch! He said he’s coming at 1, which means I have only 2 hours to prepare, I better get out of bed now! To think of it, it’s been quite some time since I last saw him, I hope it won’t be too awkward later on. What should I wear to meet him...?

 

Sunday 12:30pm

“Screw this, I can’t decide what to wear...” Hani plonked on her bed in despair after rummaging through her closet for the past 30 minutes. She tried on a jumper, a maxi-dress, a casual white tee & jeans, denim dress, but nothing seems to feel right. “Ah, I haven’t even done my make up...Someone kill me please” Hani kicked her feet frustratingly as she laid on her bed. “Woah, Heeyeon ah, your room looks like a warzone” LE carefully made her way towards Hani and sat down beside her. “What’s the big occasion? Do you need help?” LE said as she picked up the denim dress that Hani threw on the floor. “Eonnie~ Please help me choose something to wear~ I’m meeting Heechul oppa for lunch but nothing seems to be the right fit” Hani hurriedly sat up and looked at LE with puppy eyes. “Oooooh, so you’re going out for a date huh?” LE teases as she gave THAT look to Hani. “A-a-aniya!! It’s just... it’s just a lunch meet up!! It’s not..it’s...it’s not what you think it is!” Hani’s face flushed with a dark shade of pink as she tried to explain herself. “Oh, look who’s getting all shy here~ Someone’s blushing~” LE continue her teasing as Hani’s face got redder. “Eonnie, please don’t tease me anymore, I’m going to be late at this rate that we are going” Hani tugged LE’s arm and pouted. “Arasseo, I think this will suit you” LE picked up a piece of grey pullover and a leather jacket. “I think you’ll look good in these, go put it on” she rushes Hani.

 

Sunday 12:45pm

“How do I look?” Hani sat beside LE and smiled. “Great to go!” LE looked at Hani from top to bottom and gave her a thumbs up. “You’ve to do your make up too right? Come, let me help you” LE pulled Hani towards the dressing table and sat her down. “I’ll put on something light for you today, and end it off with a red lipstick” LE said as she got to work and put on make up for her dongsaeng as fast as she could. 

Sunday 1:00pm

“Do you think this looks okay?” Hani placed her hands below her face and looked at LE. “Great! It’s almost 1 now! You should head down now! Be careful of the paparazzi and enjoy yourself!” LE leads Hani out of the dorm and reminded her before giving her a wink. “THANK YOU EONNIE” Hani gave LE a big hug before rushing downstairs”

“Makdoongi! Here!” Heechul rolled down his window and waved to Hani, who appeared from the building of her dorm. Perhaps it’s a habit, Heechul would always reach a place in advance to wait for the person he meets. In fact, he has been waiting for Hani since 12:30pm, but since the agreed time is 1:00pm, he decided to just wait patiently in his manager’s vehicle. “Ah, oppa!” Hani waved back and made her way into the black vehicle. “Manager-nim, please head to the japanese restaurant that we always go to. Give us a moment, we’ll put on our seatbelts first” Heechul bent forward and informed his manager before turning to look at Hani. “Sleepyhead, don’t forget to put on your seatbelt” he reminded Hani as he leant close towards her and helped her to put on her seatbelt. 

 

Hani’s POV

It was slightly awkward because I didn’t know what to say. He’s always the one starting the conversation so I thought maybe I’ll leave it to him to start the ball rolling again. I was a little taken aback when oppa reminded me of my seatbelts because I’m used to not putting on my seatbelt in our manager’s vehicle. When he came close to put it on for me, I was like ‘WOAH, HE’S COMING SO CLOSE TO ME OH GOD I THINK IM GOING TO HYPERVENTILATE SOMEONE PLEASE SAVE ME!’ but another part of me goes like ‘DAMN, HE SMELLS SO GOOD, DAMN, HE’S SUCH A GENTLEMAN, DAMN, I THINK MY HEART IS BEATING SO LOUD THAT HE MIGHT JUST HEAR IT’. All I can feel was that my face was heating up, real bad.

-

“Ya, are you okay? You don’t seem too well? Your face is turning red” Heechul turned to look at Hani’s face after putting on the seatbelts for her. He reached his hands and touched her forehead gently. “Ah.. gwenchanayo, it’s just a little warm today.. We’re having Japanese food today right?” Hani cleared and hurriedly change the topic. “Yes, my members and I love this place, so I thought that maybe I’ll bring you there too. You’re alright with it?” Heechul asked as he put on his own seatbelts. “YES! As long it’s yummy food, I like it all hehe” Hani proudly exclaim and showed two thumbs up to Heechul. “Glutton” he stuck out his tongue at her and said. “Manager-nim, let’s go”

 

a/n: here’s an update! hope you guys enjoy reading this! Please comment & subscribe if you like it! :)