Souls

Against all odds

“Heeyeon ah, where have you been? I was so worried you” LE went up to Hani who came in to the dorm after not being contactable for the whole night. “I’m fine, eonni. We’ve a schedule to get to later so we should probably start preparing” Hani said in response while she walked towards her wardrobe. “Heeyeon...” LE sighed in defeat as she walked towards her wardrobe and prepared for their first schedule of the day. The girls were preparing for the Christmas special episode of Weekly Idol. 

 

Hani randomly pulled out a red knitted pullover with from her wardrobe and sat in front of the dressing table. “Hani-ya, you can do this! It’s time for work!” she hit both her cheeks hard and said to herself while she collected all her feelings before turning on her professional idol mode. She started her usual make-up routine, but with a little more focus today on her puffy eyes which were the aftermath of all the crying last night before ending it with a matte pink lipstick. “I’m ready to go! Hani-ya, fighting!” she waved to her reflection in the mirror and grabbed her bag before heading towards their van. 

Throughout the trip to the studio, LE tried to find chances to speak to Hani, but she was either talking to other members, playing games on her phone or taking a short nap. It was almost impossible to even approach Hani to explain anything at all, but LE decided to let it slide for now and focus on rereading the script for what they have to say during the show. 

 

Hani POV

I knew, I knew that LE eonni wanted to talk to me during the trip to the studio. It was so obvious from the way  she kept turning towards my direction, leaning close to me or even clearing when I stopped talking to the other girls. I can see that she’s trying and I feel bad for blatantly ignoring all her cues, but then again, I don’t think I’m ready to talk yet and neither am I ready to face her. I know that facing the matter means I’m a step closer to the truth and this truth might be something that I would not be able to accept, so I will just at least try to avoid it for now.

 

(Weekly Idol studio)

 

Hani POV

“안녕하세요! Whoz that girl? E-X-I-D, EXID 입니다!” the four of us announced as we bowed to each and every one of the film staff in the studio. Everything here felt so familiar yet so distant. It’s been some time since Heechul oppa and I covered Weekly Idol during Hyeongdon oppa’s absence. Those were the good times where we really got to spend time together before, during and after each recording... Those were in the past, not now, not anymore... Just when I took a seat at the back of the room, Defconn oppa came up to me. 

 

“It’s been awhile, Hani. How are you?” he sat beside me and asked with a smile.

 

“I’ve been well, just a little busy with comebacks & all. What about you, oppa?”

 

“I have been good too, thank you for asking. It’s nice to see you again here, fighting for later on, we will have a great filming”

 

“네, I’m sure we will, thank you oppa”

 

—-

 

With her professional mode , Hani kept up with the different games and her interactions with the members, even LE. She smiled wide for the camera, laughed and acted like how she always did on every other variety shows, but, a little part of her still isn’t really over with all that had happened yesterday. She tried her best but she still finds herself brooding about it and feeling so out of place from everything.

——

“Heeyeon, let’s talk” LE held Hani by her arm and pulled her out of the studio. 

 

“Eonni, I...” before Hani could finish, LE went forward and gave her a hug. 

 

“Heeyeon, I’m sorry if I made you upset” she spoken while continuing to hold onto Hani.

 

“Eonni, I’m sorry, I know I should be happy for you and oppa but I really can’t bring myself to do it for now. I know I’m such a bad friend for feeling this way but please give me a little more time” Hani started to sob as she blabbered on to LE.

 

“뭐라고? What are you saying?! You thought there was something between Heechul oppa & I? Heeyeon-ah, I may be crazy sometimes but it’s not to the extend of liking the person that my friend likes. Moreover, he’s not even my type! You silly girl!” LE broke the hug in surprise and scowled at her dongsaeng who apparently, misunderstood this whole saga.

 

“So....you mean oppa and you are not together?”

 

“YA, WE ARE NOT! How many times do you need me to explain to believe me? We are really not together, not even close to begin with...”

 

“but... why are the two of you in the cafe... and behaving so intimate...” Hani asked in a trembling voice. A part of her wants to just trust LE but a part of her wants to find out the exact truth based on what she saw...

 

“If it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t even risk my reputation to meet him...he was worried for you because I said I wanted to talk to him about you...” LE folded her arms and raised her voice. It was then when a slight look of disappointment flashed past on her face. She was kind of upset how Hani didn’t trust her, but decided to let it go because anyone would’ve done the same in the name of love. 

 

“Eonni....I’m sorry...” Hani leaned forward and hugged LE tightly. “I’m sorry for not trusting you...I’m sorry for misunderstanding this whole situation and causing you to worry for me...I’m sorry” Hani finally realised how wrong she was as the two of them hugged for a long time before returning to the studio. 

 

“알았어, apologies accepted. Stop crying now otherwise people might think that I called you out to bully you” LE pinched Hani on her cheeks as she ushered themselves back to the film set. “네, 언니, 고마워요..” Hani dried her tears as she held onto LE’s arm.

 

A/N: now that the misunderstanding is cleared, what will happened between heechul & Hani? :)