Dark

Against all odds

A/N: may contain inappropriate language for some, please read with caution.

 

————————

 

“Hani, am i disturbing you right now?”

 

“No, oppa, it’s off day for EXID today, I’m doing nothing at the moment for you to be disturbing me”

 

“Oh, great, there’s something I need to speak with you about...”

 

“Mhmm, I think I know what is it about...”

 

“Yeah, are you comfortable to meet up to talk or do you prefer to have this conversation remain on the phone?”

 

“Let’s meet to clear the air, that’s the least I could do for now”

 

“Arasseo, I’ll pick you up at 12 outside your dorm, is that alright?”

 

“Ne, 12 is good, see you later oppa”

 

“Mhmm, see you”

 

—-

 

(12pm, below EXID’s dorm)

 

“Did you wait for long?” Hani called out as she looked towards the man and walked towards his car. “Sorry, it took me so long to get ready” she added with a little hinge of guiltiness as she bowed her head in apology.

 

“아니, 괜찮아요 (no, it’s alright), don’t — HANI! WATCH OUT!” Donghae pulled Hani by her arm towards him as a speeding car zoomed past quickly behind her, almost knocking into her. “Are you okay?!?!” Donghae anxiously grabbed both sides of her arm and visually checked her from head to bottom. “Hani, are you feeling okay? If you are hurt somewhere, please tell me” without any response from the obviously shaken girl, he asked again to make sure that she really wasn’t hurt anywhere. 

 

Hani squatted down to the ground and tears started to well up in her eyes. She had been putting up a brave front all this time and out of a sudden, it felt like everything came crashing down on her. She tried to ignore the feelings and pretended that the fight between her and Heechul was nothing. She constantly reminded herself that nothing will ever come out of any of these romantic thoughts towards him and that she was, and will always be a little sister to him. She knew the fight dealt a huge blow towards their friendship and she blamed herself every single for it. She was tired of smiling all day when deep down, she felt nothing but emptiness. She missed him, so much so that it is eating her up day by day. Although she knows she shouldn’t, but she just can’t stop thinking about him and what they could be. She just kept crying, crying and crying.

 

“Hani, if it makes you feel better, cry it  out” Donghae bent down beside her and gently patted her head, in attempts of comforting her. He knew something must’ve gone wrong between the two of them for them to be acting so oddly. Hani was again in the state of how she was when he picked up her and brought her to his house. However, this time, she looked more frail and heartbroken. He didn’t know how to comfort her other than to just be beside her and let her cry it all out. 

 

“Hani, let’s get into the car first, alright? It’s cold out here” Donghae stood up, gently tugged on Hani’s arm to pull her up from her position. He opened the car door and got her to settle inside the car before he went in from the other side.

 

“I’ll give you your space now and will be here to listen when you’re ready, alright? Meanwhile, let me just take you around while you clear your mind. We’ll talk when you want to, just let me know” Donghae turned to face Hani in the passenger seat and patted her head again.

 

—-

 

(Next day,  EXID practice room)

 

“감사합니다!” The girls said in unison as they bowed towards the staff members in the room after their dance practice. Their comeback date is drawing close and the frequency of their practices have been increasing so much that the girls haven’t had a proper rest in a week. 

 

“Hani, CEO-nim asked for you to go to his office right away”

 

“Oh? I got it, I will make a move to his office now, thank you” Hani bowed towards her dance teacher and made her way towards the office at the highest level of the building.

 

*knock knock*

 

“CEO-nim, this is Hani, may I come in?” Hani knocked at the door before saying it in a soft voice. She knew nothing good is going to happen. The CEO would only ask for them when there’s trouble and it’s always a serious consequence if we ever set foot in his office.

 

“Come in” the CEO said in a low voice as he turned his chair towards the direction of where Hani was making her way in. His eyes never left her since the moment she opened the door and truthfully speaking, it sent continuous chills down Hani’s spine. 

 

“안녕하십니까, 사장님 (Hello CEO), did you ask for me?” Hani took a 90 degrees bow as she forced her usual smile as she looked up at her ceo.

 

“Do you have anything to own up to me to?” the CEO folded his arms and leant back on his arm chair while continue to stare at the girl who started to get worried.

 

“Own...own up to...? No I don’t...” confused and afraid at the same time mustered her courage to respond back to the man seated in front of her.

 

It was out of a sudden that her CEO slammed the table hard with his palm and stood up from where he was. “YOU DON’T?” he yelled hard at her, causing her to lose balance out of shock and fell backwards. 

 

“Sajangnim, I really do not know what are you referring to...” Hani kneeled on the ground as tears started to roll down her cheeks. “I really do not know...I really don’t...” she pleaded while rubbing her hands together for apology. 

 

“YOU DON’T? YOU DON’T? THEN ING EXPLAIN THIS” he picked up a stack of items and threw them at her, while it scattered all over the ground. Hani picked up one of it as she was taken aback. It was a photo of Donghae oppa patting her head below her dorm. They were all photos of their exchange that night, from the road to inside the car, there were all photos of the two of you being pictured intimately. “SAJANGNIM, I CAN EXPLAIN!!!” Hani rubbed her palms together as she repeated herself over and over again. “SAJANGNIM, IT’S NOT LIKE WHAT THE PHOTO SHOWS... I CAN EXPLAIN TO YOU” she tried, but it all fell on deaf ears. 

 

*slap*

 

“LET ME WARN YOU, AHN HEE YEON, ONE MORE FUNNY TRICK FROM YOU AND YOU’RE OUT OF EXID. THE COMEBACK IS ROUND THE CORNER AND YOU BETTER NOT RUIN IT FOR ME, OR ELSE... I WILL PERSONALLY WRECK YOU” the CEO stormed his way out of the office as he slammed the office door shut, leaving Hani behind, holding her wet cheek from the burning pain.

 

“Why.... why... WHY IS THIS HAPPENING...... WHY..... why....” Hani slumped to the ground as she sobbed on, not knowing how long it has been.

 

—-

 

(8:30pm)

“Heeyeon, you done with CEO? It’s been 4 hours, when will you be back?”

 

(9:30pm)

“Heeyeon, I just called sajangnim’s assistant. He said you left the office at 5pm. Where are you now?”

 

(10:03pm)

“Come back soon okay?”

 

(10:28pm)

“Are you coming back soon?”

 

(10:50pm)

“Heeyeon, where are you?”

 

(11:30pm)

“Why are you not answering my calls?? Where are you??”

 

(12:15am)

“AHN HEE YEON, RESPOND TO ME PLEASE! WHERE ARE YOU????”

 

(12:37am)

“Hee yeon, please don’t scare me like that. Please, please, please call me if you see this message”

 

(12:45am)

“I’m coming to find you, please, at least tell me where are you”

 

(12:57am)

“I’m a step away to calling the police to track you down, please, reply me”

 

(1:15am)

“We can always talk things out. Eonnie will help you. Please tell me where are you...”

 

(1:45am)

“Heeyeon...where are you..please, call eonnie, please, I’m begging you”

 

(1:48am)

“LE eonnie, I’m sorry”

 

“HEE YEON, WHERE ARE YOU. PLEASE DONT SCARE ME LIKE THAT. BABY GIRL, LETS TALK, SOMEWHERE, ANYWHERE, PLEASE JUST TELL ME WHERE YOU ARE”

 

“Midnight Bar”

 

“STAY THERE, IM COMING RIGHT NOW”

 

A/N: Yay, finally got this chapter off my chest! What’s gonna happen after LE meet Hani? What’s gonna happen between Hani, Heechul & Donghae? You can only subscribe to wait & find out hehe! Things might get a little busy so there might not be time to update this month again, but I’ll try my best alright? Hope you guys like this chapter! Do leave some comments below on how you find the plot okay? ^^ good night!