Of

Against all odds

“Make yourself at home alright? I’ll be in my room and let me know if you need anything”

 

“Oppa, thank you”

 

“It’s nothing, just helping a friend in need”

 

“....” Hani kept quiet but it felt as though she had something to say by is holding back for some reasons. She awkwardly played with her fingers resting on her knees, as it was awkwardly too silent. She isn’t close with this oppa but because he’s such a comfortable person to be around with, she felt that he was the right person for her to approach.

 

“Actually, would talking about it make things easier for you? It’s absolutely fine if you do not wish to talk about it and I totally respect your decision”

 

“Perhaps? I don’t even know why am I acting like this...” Hani started to speak as she turned to face him while seated on the sofa. He took a seat beside her and looked back at her, signalling that he was ready to listen.

 

“The issue is that I like this guy for quite some time, and he’s the one who helped me through my toughest time after my breakup with Junsu, and he really takes care of me. Of course, he just sees me as a dongsaeng to be doing this and that. He often teases me just to see me get angry, but never crosses the line. Out of all the members in EXID, only LE eonni knows about this matter...” her eyes began to swell up with tears as she spoke about it. “But I was heading out to go get coffee just now, when I saw her and the person I like, together at the cafe, and they were acting so intimate. It’s wrong of me to be angry with them because I was never a thing with the guy to begin with...I should be happy for them but I can’t bring myself to be, and I don’t even know how to face them anymore. I just kept running, and running and running” Hani sobbed harder and harder as it got difficult to continue to explain any further.

 

“Hani-ya, do you know that it’s okay to feel what you feel? It’s okay to feel angry, sad, jealous, or whatever feeling you feel, because at the end of the day, we are all still humans. Being idols, we can’t show this side to the public, but as friends now, it is okay for you to let go and show all these feelings. You are feeling all these emotions and choose not to confront them because you care and love for these two people” he patted her hands on her knees and assured her, but subconsciously, he started tearing with her.

 

“Cry all you want, be angry and vent all you need, but come tomorrow, you shall face it. No matter how hard, you will have to face it, and that’s how you will eventually get over it. It won’t be easy to step out of this comfort zone but it’s the only way to grow and become stronger. Go have a good rest” he patted her back gently and handed her a warm glass of milk before heading to his room. 

 

-

 

Guy’s POV

 

It wasn’t long before I spoke to Hani when I received a text from Heechul hyung. He said that he’s downstairs and I can’t exactly reject him right? It should be fine since he and Hani know each other?

 

-

 

“야 (ya)! Took you long enough to reply me” Heechul jokingly scolded his dongsaeng after the door opened and made his way into the living room.

 

“최송 (choesong), hyung, I have a guest tonight”

 

“Judging by how tight-lipped you are, it must be a woman right?” Heechul nudged the guy on his arm and smirked. “Come on, tell me, who’s the lucky one?” Heechul poked further, obviously trying his luck. 

 

“You’re right that my guest is a lady, but it isn’t what you think it is” the guy explained, trying to steer clear of trouble because this hyung can be a little too overly enthusiastic about such matters. “Fine, fine, fine~ let’s not talk about that, I brought some beer, want some?”

 

-

 

Hani’s POV

 

I woke up feeling groggy from all the crying last night, but surprisingly, I feel better already. Maybe I just needed to get it off my chest? Oppa is right, no matter I want to or not, I have to face it. Whatever the truth, I can only accept it and only will then I be able to move on and become stronger. I need to...

 

-

 

Hani sat up on the bed and thought. Something’s weird about the guest room. Isn’t she the only one here? Hani stretched her arms upwards and yawned and just as she turned to her side...

 

“H...HHH...HEECHUL OPPA?!!!!??!” Heechul sat straight up on bed after hearing a sharp yet familiar voice, and stared right at Hani, equally as shocked as her.

 

A/N: Aside from this update, I would like to send my condolences to all Shawols and loved ones of Jonghyun. May he be in a better place, with no pain and is no longer depressed. We don’t really lose someone when they’re gone, because they’ll continue to live on in our hearts. May his legacy continue and may we always remember the great moments and memories he gave to us while he was still around. Rest in peace, Jonghyun, please continue to watch over everyone from wherever you are because we will all miss you too. To those in need, don’t be afraid to reach out to someone for help. Asking for help is not a sign of weakness, so don’t be scared, come to us, come to me, and we’ll take things from there! *hugs*