Within

Against all odds

“LE, I can explain...” Heechul said as LE pushed him out of Hani’s ward. “There’s nothing for you to explain after what you and that person did to her! You’re in no place to explain anything, please get out!” LE repeatedly remind herself that she will keep her cool for Hani but all the more she felt indignant for Hani and she can’t help but push away all these people from coming to Hani. It’s the least she thought she could do for the person she hold so dearly to her heart. 

“Hyung, let’s just leave them to be first... there are others looking at us, let’s not create a scene...” noticing the increase in attention from the surrounding wards, Donghae nudged Heechul on the elbow and leant over to whisper. “What do you mean?! I’m not leaving this place until I see Heeyeon!” agitated by Donghae’s words, Heechul spoke even louder as he attempted to push his way into the ward. “Heeyeon ah! Heeyeon!” Heechul tiptoed and shouted towards the opening of door of the ward. 

*SLAP*

LE’s hand flew across and landed on Heechul’s face. “WHO ARE YOU TO BE SHOUTING HER NAME LIKE THAT? NONE OF YOU ARE WORTHY TO BE AROUND HER! NONE OF YOU! YOU DID NOT CHERISH HER FROM THE START SO YOU DON’T EVEN DESERVE TO BE ACTING LIKE A LOSER HERE! GET OUT NOW!” LE scowled as she slammed the door shut in their faces. “Eonni...” Jeonghwa tugged LE’s hand gently and lead her back to Hani bed while patting her back.

“Eonni... He came to see me but he didn’t get to see me... Eotteoke...” Hani sat up on the bed and looked at the fuming LE. “DON’T YOU DARE GO NEAR HIM OR EVEN LET HIM IN! IF YOU DO THAT, CONSIDER ME NOT YOUR EONNI ANYMORE!” LE rolled her eyes and scoffed as she walked out of the room, slamming the door shut behind her! “EONNI...” Hani pouted in defeat and sighed.  “It was really not a big issue.. Jeonghwa-ya, look, I’m fine now! It’s okay for me to see him right?” Hani held onto Jeonghwa’s hand and asked, yearning for a positive reply. “Eonni, I think LE eonni is right, it’s better that you don’t see Heechul oppa for now... after all, you’re here because of him.. well, maybe not fully, but it’s still partially his fault! LE eonni is upset because she care and love you a lot, please don’t disappoint her.. I’ll go catch up with her, you continue to rest here and we will talk about meeting him again soon ok?” Jeonghwa leant forward and gave Hani a hug before leaving the room to go look for LE.

Hani’s POV:

It’s been a while since this name appeared on my screen. To be exact, it’s the first message ever since our breakup. To be honest, many fans and people I know still occasionally bring him up in our conversations, wanting to dig for information on how I feel towards him but got disappointed when I tell them that I don’t hate him anymore. However, that does not mean that I am ready to forgive him for all the pain he made me go through ever since our split, having to face the wrath of the media and his crazy fans, being at the mercy of the netizens and joke of the nation. It was a terrible recovery process and I eventually found love again, but it’s no longer him, thankfully, or so I thought.

—-

It’s been a few days since discharge and Hani was back on track with all the preparations for their delayed comeback. From diets to dance practices and vocal training to PR skills, EXID’s schedules were basically packed to the brim that the only time left free was for them to catch up on sleep in their dorm. this also means that it had also been a while since Hani ever heard from Heechul and vice versa...

Time and time again, their schedules never seem to match up and they always had issues coming together at a common time to talk from where they have left off...

—-

Hani’s POV:

“Time to face what I need to face... it’s unavoidable and I’m eventually going to have to do it anyways”

 

———————-

A/N: HI EVERYONE! IM SO SORRY FOR THE LACK OF UPDATES AND FOR THIS LOUSY CHAPTER ㅠㅠ I PROMISE TO MAKE IT LONGER AND MORE INTENSE IN THE NEXT CHAPTER! thank you so much for all your support to me so far ❤️