A

Against all odds

Headlines: Heechul proves his undying love for Sohee after 10 years.

 

“Who am I compared to Sohee...”

 

“Sohee has everything that I don’t”

 

“But that’s not the main issue...”

 

“She will always be heechul oppa’s goddess and what about me?”

 

“I’m just a dongsaeng to him, one that has yet to grow up and needs to be taken care of”

 

“Why am I feeling so sour right now? It’s not like he’s my boyfriend or what for me to feel like this right...”

 

“Heeyeon ah, what are you mumbling by yourself about?” LE yapped Hani on her shoulders as she sat beside her on the bed. 

 

“Ah! 깜짝이야 (ggamjjakiya)! When did you appear?????”

 

“왜 (Wae)? I’ve been here since you started to talk to yourself”

 

“You scared me!”

 

“You were the one who’s scaring me. Did something happened?” LE came closer to Hani and patted her on the back. 

 

“언니 (eonni) ㅠㅠ” Hani burst out in tears as she handed her phone to LE. She took up the phone and read the article that Hani was having bad mood over about. 

 

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA” LE couldn’t hold it in and laughed hard. She thought something bad had happened and was genuinely concerned for Hani, but now, she’s at ease because her stupid dongsaeng is crying because she’s just jealous!

 

“언니, 왜이래(Eonni, waeirae)?!?! Why are you laughing?” Hani planted her face onto the bed and sobbed even louder.

 

“알았어, 우리 희연아 (arasseo, my dear heeyeon), you silly girl” LE said as she patted Hani on the head. “Looks like you’ve fallen into the trap of love, and by the looks of it, you’ve fallen so hard...” LE sighed as she went forward and gave Hani a big hug to comfort her heartbroken dongsaeng. “She cannot go on like this, I have to do something about it!” LE thought to herself.

 

-

 

Heechul’s POV 

It was almost 11pm and I suddenly received a text from an unknown number. Oppa? Ah, it’s from LE from EXID. We are not close at all so it was a little awkward when she mentioned that she needed to talk to me. Did something happen to EXID or makdoong? Guess I’ll just have to check in with manager-nim about my schedule and get back to her. It sounds like something serious.

 

-

-

 

Flower Florte cafe, 3pm

 

“Oppa, here!” LE waved at Heechul who just walked through the door of the cafe. She had chosen a corner seat, one that she though was safe enough not be recognised.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo” Heechul smiled and signalled for LE to take a seat as LE stood up to bow to him. 

 

“So the reason I asked you out to talk is that something happened to Heeyeon” LE clearer and spoke, looking directly into Heechul’s eyes.

 

“왜 (Wae)? What’s wrong? What happened to makdoongi?” Heechul leaned close towards LE upon hearing her words and asked in a concerned tone. “Did something happened? Don’t scare me, is she okay?” Heechul leaned even closer as he got a little more worried that LE was not explaining what had went wrong.

 

“Oppa, you're too cl-“ 

 

“Eonni? Oppa?” Hani dropped her cup of drink before she called out to the two. “I...I...I think...I think I’ll... make....make...make a move” Hani mustered all her courage to say whatever that came to her mind as an excuse to leave and hurriedly walked towards the exit and out of the cafe.

 

“HEEYEON!”

 

“MAKDONG!”