I don't remember

This is our home
Please log in to read the full chapter

Nam Woohyun come to your senses. There's no such a thing called ghosts.

Though he tried to convince himself, Woohyun couldn't bring himself to walk back into the house. What if Mr.Lee was telling the truth?

That ten minutes he waited for Dongwoo felt like hours and finally he could see Dongwoo's car on his driveway.

"Why are you standing here? Is this your way of welcoming me into your new house?" Dongwoo asked getting out of his car. With a brilliant smile Dongwoo looked like someone who could lift anyone's mode. Woohyun felt himself becoming somewhat calm.

"You like the place?" Woohyun didn't say anything but nod. He didn't want to disappoint Dongwoo. If not for this unexpected problem, he actually liked the place.

"I thought so." Dongwoo said looking around the garden. He seemed like he's enjoying the view. But now is not the time for that.

Woohyun quickly led Dongwoo inside the house. If Dongwoo can't see him, then that would confirm his doubts. But the boy was no longer there. He searched every nook and corner of the house. But he was nowhere.

All this time he was standing outside the door. There's no way he'd gone out without him noticing.

"What are you doing?" Dongwoo asked suspicious of the way Woohyun acting.

The boy had disappeared into thin air. Sweat formed on his forehead and he felt his knees go weak. He really is a ghost.

"I think I saw a ghost." his voice was almost a whisper.

"You what?" Dongwoo asked confused.

"A...nothing. I...I wanted to thank you for helping me out." Woohyun said still looking around suspiciously. Like that boy would pop out of somewhere again.

He was glad that he didn't mention about the boy when Dongwoo called earlier. He didn't want Dongwoo to look at him like he's crazy. But if he told him what really happened, he can't stop Dongwoo from thinking that. He could remember how Mr.Lee reacted. He can't blame him though. Anyone would react like that. He can't expect anyone else to act differently, when he know he'd do the same if he was in their shoes.

He still has no idea how to settle things with Mr.Lee. He knew he can't stop him from telling what really happened here at the office next day. But he'd think of something by then.

"Ah...It's nothing." Dongwoo said while settling on the couch comfortably.

"Where's Mr. Lee anyway?" What is he supposed to say now? Woohyun couldn't think of anything.

"He went back."

"Didn't he help you with unpacking?"

"No. He was late. I was almost done when he get here. So I asked him to go back." He hated to lie but in this situation, he can't help.

"I might need to have a talk with that old man." Oh no! That's not good.

"You...you don't have to do that. I'm the one who told him to go back."

"But he was late."

"It's okay." You are late too. So you don't have the right to ask that. Though he wanted to tell that out loud he held in.

"I had a flat tire." His eyes went wide. Did he just read his mind? Maybe his thoughts were written all over his face or maybe Dongwoo just decided to tell that randomly. But either way, way he was shocked.

"I...it's okay. I mean...things like that can happen. I understand." Woohyun smiled awkwardly at Dongwoo. He really wanted to change the subject now. So he went in and bought two cans of beer that he bought from the airport.

"I don't have anything except this right now." He said handing it over to Dongwoo.

"I can understand since you just moved in. But I was curious as to why you moved in here. Most of the people are waiting for a chance to work at the head office."

"Ah...my grandma died and I...I wanted to clear my head. So..." Woohyun was always uncomfortable in talking about his personal matters with others. Dongwoo was no exception. He was glad when he didn't push further.

Instead they talked about some general topics, technology, politics and such. Dongwoo was fun to talk with. He smiled a lot. Even at things that Woohyun didn't find funny at all, Dongwoo kept on smiling. At first, Woohyun thought that was because Dongwoo was drunk. But later he realized that it was how he is. He liked that about him and found himself becoming easily friends with him.

They kept on talking for some time and Woohyun almost forgot about that ghost boy. But just as Dongwoo announced that he had to go back, it all came back.

"See you tomorrow." Dongwoo told him while getting into his car. And he waited there until Dongwoo's car disappear out of his sight. That creepy feeling he felt earlier when he was waiting for Dongwoo was back. But somehow he managed to climb the two steps and drag himself inside the house.

As long as he was with Dongwoo, Woohyun felt strong and protected. But now that he's alone, every little sound made him jump and his heart beat rose in fear. He tried really hard not to think about the ghost boy. But it's of no use. Though he didn't see the boy after the incident in the evening, he still couldn't make his hammering heart to come down. He can't stay awake all night. He has to go to work tomorrow. So he forced himself to go to the bed.

The sound of a door closing sent him flying off from the bed. His landed on the hard floor with a loud thud and his head hit the nearby cupboard. But he had no

Please log in to read the full chapter