Wired friendship

This is our home
Please log in to read the full chapter


Next morning Woohyun almost forgot the existence of the ghost boy. When he came to the kitchen rubbing his half closed eyes, the boy was there sitting on the kitchen counter lost in his thoughts. Just as he saw the boy, he jumped backwards. But then he remembered what happened last night and relaxed.

Actually this ghost has changed Woohyun's idea of ghosts. This one's totally different from what he'd seen in movies or what he'd ever heard of. There's nothing in him that makes you afraid. Woohyun looked at the boy who's sunk deep in his thoughts. He's not scary; to be honest he looked more human than a ghost.

Woohyun couldn't help but be curious about what the boy is thinking so hard, that he didn't even realize Woohyun's presence.

"What are you thinking?" Woohyun asked while grabbing a milk carton from the refrigerator. The boy looked at him and flashed a brilliant smile. For few seconds Woohyun forgot how to breathe. 

"Good morning. Did you sleep well? "
When Woohyun didn't respond, the boy kept on talking.

"I was thinking about my name. No matter how hard I think, I can't recall that."  Woohyun looked at him and tried to guess his name. He couldn't think of anything suitable. But as he went to grab a glass, he noticed a necklace on the boy which had letters on its pendant. But he couldn't read it from afar. He must have been wearing it when he died.

"What's that says?" he asked pointing towards the necklace.

"Ah... It says Gyu."

"That must be a part of your name. Like Donggyu, Mingyu, JungGyu."

"Maybe..."

"You don't seem to like it."

"It doesn't sound right."

"Right or not I'm going to call you that. Now go away. I need to prepare some breakfast before I go to work." Woohyun said opening the refrigerator again.

"Where do you work?"

"Why you wanna know? Are you going to follow me there?"

"No. I'm just curious."

"I am a software engineer. I work for this IT Company, do you know if I say the name?" Woohyun said mockingly.

"A software engineer hah? I wonder who I was."

"You could have been an idol. I mean not a very popular one. If so I must have seen you on TV."

"What makes you think so?"

"With your looks, you can be passed as an idol without any problem."

"Really?" the boy asked with a huge smile plastered on his face. But suddenly the smile disappeared.

"I wish I can see my face." Woohyun sighed thinking how hard it must be to live without knowing how you look.

When Woohyun sat down on the dining table with his breakfast, the boy was looking eagerly towards his plate. The early conversation is long forgotten.

"Yah! Don't look like that. I'll end up getting a stomachache. If you want, you can have some." Woohyun said pushing the plate towards him. But the boy looked like he's about to cry.

"I can't. And I'm not hungry either." For that Woohyun laughed out loud.

"You must have been someone who loved to eat. You should have seen your face now. It looks so desperate." But the boy didn't smile and he looked more upset than earlier.

"I must have done something so bad when I was alive. That's why I'm suffering like this."  When the boy said those words, Woohyun felt sorry for laughing at him. He can't even imagine what he'd do if he's ever to be in his situation.

"Gyu, don't worry. Everything will be alright. I don't think you were bad when you were alive. Of course that I can't guarantee, but my gut feeling tells me so. And for your information it was never wrong."

The boy smiled.

"You were right. That should be my name. Gyu. When you said it, it felt right."

Woohyun liked that name. It was nice. But he's not sure whether it's actually his name or someone else's. It can be of someone from his family. Or he might be gay and that might be a part of his boyfriend's name. For whatever reason, Woohyun didn't like to think it like that. It must be his name.

He looked at Gyu who's now staring at something outside the window. Even as a ghost, Gyu was easy to talk with. It has been a while since Woohyun felt so comfortable in talking with someone. After grandma's death, he has been more reserved.

"At what time are you leaving?" Gyu asked looking at the clock. Woohyun automatically followed his gaze. When he noticed the time, his eyes went wide. The time has flown when he was deep in his thoughts.

"I'm already late." Woohyun said rushing to the sink with the dishes. After that he quickly got ready for work. Gyu didn't bother him. In fact after the breakfast, Woohyun didn't even see him for once.

His first day at the office was hectic. He was first introduced to his colleagues by Dongwoo. Since this is just a branch, there were not many people like it had been in the head office. So he was supposed to remember the names of each and every one.

And the thing that surprised him more was Mr.Lee coming to his side and apologizing for his behavior yesterday. His apology didn't seem genuine though. Dongwoo might have told him something. Anyway he was glad. He doesn't need to make fake excuses anymore. But he was curious as to what Dongwoo might have told him so he would not just change his mind but also apologize to him.

Later at lunch time, Dongwoo came to him.

"Did Mr.Lee apologize to you?"

"Yes but

Please log in to read the full chapter