Connection

This is our home
Please log in to read the full chapter

He found it difficult to tell Sunggyu about Myungsoo. Because he knew that it will be so hard for him to know that his only brother - who has now become an orphan - is still looking for him in hope that he's still alive. And he knew that Sunggyu is worrying thinking about how he died and about his past, so he didn't want to add more into that pile.

That night he couldn't find the courage to talk to Sunggyu. So he avoided going into the kitchen. He thought he'd tell him tomorrow after work. That's why the next day when he came back from work, he sat on the doorstep next to Sunggyu.

"It was obvious that you ignored me yesterday. But you shouldn't have avoided food for that. If you told me that you don't want to talk, I would never bother you." Sunggyu said staring into the trees.

"I'm sorry." Woohyun couldn't think of anything else to say.

"You don't have to apologize for anything. It's my fault. I shouldn't have said that to you."

"Said what?" Woohyun asked confused.

"To find about me." What? How does he know that's the problem?

"Was I a criminal or something?" Woohyun looked at Sunggyu and his face was full of sadness. He wanted to hug him and comfort him. But he can't.

"A doctor. You were a doctor." Sunggyu's eyes widened at that and he turn to look at Woohyun.

"I'm sorry. I didn't tell you earlier not wanting to add another thing for you to worry Kim Sunggyu."

"What did you just say?"

"Kim Sunggyu. That's your name."

"How do you know?"

"Your brother told me."

"I had a brother?"

"Yes. And you are indeed the owner of this house." Woohyun could see his eyes beaming. He was sure that Sunggyu's thinking that he had found all about him. But no. His death is still a mystery. 

"That's all I can tell." He didn't want to give him false hope.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Your brother is still searching for you. He said you disappeared two months ago, when he was in Japan. He told me..." Sunggyu suddenly grabbed his head from both of his hands. Woohyun could see he's in pain.

"What's wrong? Talk to me Kim Sunggyu." Woohyun yelled but Sunggyu stayed silent swirling in pain. And Woohyun felt helpless. Few minutes later he talked back.

"I remembered someone calling me from that name."

"Who?"

"I don't know. It's just a voice."

"Then why were you in pain?"

"I don't know. I was just thinking about everything that you've said. Suddenly my head felt heavy and then followed the pain which is too much. But when it's gone I heard that voice, calling me by that name." Woohyun didn't know what to say. Maybe this is the first step towards getting his memory back. So it's a matter of time that he'll remember everything. But whenever he thinks about Sunggyu getting his memory back, he feels a strange kind of sadness. And he didn't like that. He was supposed to encourage Sunggyu, but...

"Let's go inside. I'm tired."

Later that night Woohyun talked to Sunggyu about his brother. He told him how his parents have died when they were teenagers and that his brother who is alone now had resigned from the job and is full time searching for him. Sunggyu was silently listening all this time and his face was blank.

"Gyu, do you want to see your brother?"

"No!" Why? He seemed totally against the idea.

"Why not?"

"I don't want to feel more pathetic than it already is." Woohyun can understand. Without being able to comfort Sunggyu, he felt so desperate. Then how would Sunggyu feel in front of his brother. So he tried to change the subject.

"I didn't get to talk with your brother much. If I asked too much about you, he'd be suspicious. And you know I don't have any way to explain. So how about we go to the hospital you worked and ask around?"

"Can we do that?"

"Of course we can."

"Are you free tomorrow?" To be honest, Woohyun had work piled. But he didn't want to see depressed Sunggyu anymore. He wanted to see that smile back on his face and he was willing to do anything for that. So he nodded.

"What if we don't find anything in there?"

"We will find a way." Sunggyu seemed somewhat relieved by his answer.

The next day when Woohyun woke up, an exited Sunggyu was sitting on his bed. He smiled at Sunggyu thinking how things had changed. A month ago he would die from a heart attack even just thinking about sleeping while a ghost is wondering around his house.

It took him some time to get use to it. At first, Sunggyu didn't come closer to him like promised. But as time goes by, he found both of them breaking that deal occasionally. Now he fell at lost when he doesn't see him around. That doesn't mean he suddenly become not afraid of ghosts. He's still afraid of ghosts except for a cute small eyed one.

"Is there something on my face?"

"Oh...N...no" Woohyun said embraced caught staring at Sunggyu.

"Then let's go." Sunggyu jumped out of the bed and ran out of the room. Seems like someone is way more excited. Woohyun smiled at Sunggyu who was now jumping around like a kid.

It was the first time he went out with Sunggyu. Woohyun looked at Sunggyu who was talking a mile a minute. Woohyun was the talkative one and today, Sunggyu's excitement got the best of him. Good thing he remembered to grab his headphones on his way. That way he can pretend. Unless people will think he's crazy.

When they arrived at hospital Woohyun had an eerie feeling. But he just went in and met the receptionist.

"I'm a friend of Dr.Kim Sunggyu. Can I meet him?" the girl looked uncomfortable by the question. But she managed to give him a small smile and asked him to wait. Wo

Please log in to read the full chapter