A new apartment

Mountain too high to climb
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sumin was nervous as she waited for Sehun to arrive at her house. He had insisted that he picked her up and drive back to Seoul. They arranged for a day when he was free for her return. Omma was understanding when she informed her parents that Sehun was going to drive her back to Seoul. But Appa was silent, not giving any indication of his feelings. Omma reassured her that her father would be ok but Sumin was still concerned if he would be unfriendly towards Sehun.

 

Her brother was another concern. She explained to him that Sehun was just a friend but her brother was no longer a naïve young boy; so he kept giving her knowing smirks as he listened to her long winded excuse. Finally, Sumin gave up and told him that he could not tell anyone else about Sehun to protect her. That and $100 managed to buy his promise.

 

Sehun had arranged for a driver to drive him and his car to Busan the previous night. He just came back from an overseas trip and decided to rest instead of driving to Busan. Although Sumin’s mom had offered breakfast, Sehun agreed with Sumin that it may be awkward. Thus, he had breakfast at the hotel before driving to her house using the GPS instruction given by her.

 

When he drove into her front yard, he saw a teenage boy seated near the door. The boy put his head into the house before waiting for Sehun’s car to stop. As he parked the car, Sumin, her mom and dad joined the boy at the front porch.  Sehun got out of the car and approached them.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Sehun inmida,” he bowed towards Sumin’s parents. Sumin’s father nodded while her mom beamed at him. “Why don’t you come in for a cup of tea and some breakfast?” she offered. Sumin quickly interrupted, “Omma!” “Thank you. But I just had breakfast,” Sehun politely declined. “Come in for a cup of coffee first,” Sumin father said gruffily before he turned and walked into the house. Sehun turned to Sumin who looked dismayed. He smiled encouragingly at her and nervously followed her father.

 

As he walked pass Sumin’s brother, he acknowledged him. “I’m Sehun, what’s your name?” and he extended his hand. Grabbing Sehun’s hand, “I’m Soo Hyun,” her brother replied. “Are you really dating my sister?” he asked as they both walked into her house. Sumin groaned. “Yes, I am. But I hope we can trust you to keep this secret, to protect your sister. I know you understand that,” Sehun said smoothly. Soo Hyun nodded.

 

Sehun sat down on the sofa opposite Sumin’s father. Sumin was sitting on the edge of the armchair, looking very nervous. “It’s a long drive to Seoul. You should have coffee before the drive to stay alert,” Sumin’s father said quietly. Turning to his wife, he asked, “Yeobo, did you make more coffee in a flask for him to take with him?” Omma nodded. “I’ve also prepared some snacks in case they get hungry on the journey.” Then Omma addressed Sehun, “Sumin told me that because you may be recognized, you are unlikely to take any break at the rest stop for meal or drinks.” Sehun nodded. “I’m sorry about that. But I will find places where we can still take breaks if the drive gets tiring,” as he glanced at Sumin’s father, who nodded upon hearing that.

 

“Have you had enough rest from the drive down yesterday?” her father asked. Sehun nodded. “I’m fresh for the drive today. Yesterday, I had a substitute driver on the way here. I was concerned if it could be too tiring to do 2 sets of 4 hour drives within 24 hours,” Sehun explained. Sumin crossed her arms as she stared at him. She was upset since she was against the idea of him picking her up in the first place and he had to make so many arrangements to do it. Sehun just winked at her and she rolled her eyes. “That was wise of you,” her father nodded approvingly before standing up. “You both should make a move now.”

 

Soo Hyun helped Sehun’s carried the two boxes of banchan and a luggage bag. Pointing to the bigger box, Soo Hyun informed Sehun, “The bigger box is for EXO.”  Surprised, Sehun turned to Sumin and her mom. Sumin’s mom smiled, “She told me that you live with 7 other boys. I thought you would like some banchan.” Sehun said his gratitude.

 

Soo Hyun stood admiring the car. “Next time you are in Seoul, I’ll bring you out for a drive,” Sehun offered. Soo Hyun nodded aggressively, “or if you drive my sister back here.”  Sehun smiled, "Of course!".  “Do you listen to EXO? It’s ok if you don’t, I won't be offended. We are having a comeback soon. So if you do listen to us, I can get a signed copy of the single or the repackaged album for you.” “Yes, to both please!” Soo Hyun said happily.  After saying their goodbyes, Sumin and Sehun l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter