Love is a bed of roses. Don’t forget the thorns.

Mountain too high to climb
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun called when he reached the hotel in LA. “Hi,” Sumin answered the call. She was about to go to sleep when her phone rang. “Did I wake you up?” Sehun asked. “No, I was just about to go to bed. What time is it over there?” Sumin asked. “It’s 7.30am. We just reached the hotel and I wanted to talk to you before you sleep,” Sehun explained. “Talk to me then, I’m here,” Sumin said with a smile.

 

“I missed you. I wished I'm on the bed beside you right now,” Sehun lowered his voice. Sumin bit her lips as a smile started to grow on her face and her face grew warmer as she remembered the last time they were on her bed. “I missed you too,” she said in barely a whisper. They continued their chat before reluctantly saying goodbye.

 

Ye Rim joined Sumin on her bed as she watched the online link to EXO’s fanmeet in LA a couple of days later. It was Sehun’s birthday and Sumin had called the moment the time crossed over to his birthday in Korea and wished him. The call woke him up but he was pleased that she made the point. He shamelessly also made her gave him birthday kisses across the phone. She decided to watch him at his fanmeet live, since there was a weblink for it.

 

The girls sat down and enjoyed the event. Besides their performances, there were games and interactions with their fans. EXO are friendly and genuine towards their fans. They are also very funny. “Sehun is relatively quiet as compared to the other members,” Ye Rim commented. “DO is also quiet, but he is serious whereas Sehun doesn’t look really comfortable on stage.” Sumin agreed. She had watched previous fanmeet or events, and Sehun barely say anything unless called upon. “I think he is not as confident as the other members. He is the maknae after all.” “Till now?” Ye Rim seemed skeptical. Sumin shrugged.

 

The members celebrated Sehun’s birthday with the fans. They brought out a huge cake and together with the fans, sang the birthday song. “Look,” Ye Rim cried. “Sehun is almost in tears. Your boyfriend is such a crybaby!” Sumin slapped Ye Rim’s hand, “You are so mean. He is just touched by it.”

 

Sehun closed his eyes before blowing the candles. Smiling at the camera and then at his fans, he expressed his gratitude. “This year, is especially special for me. I thank you,” there was a second pause before he continued, “my fans and my members for celebrating it with me. I love you.” He showed the heart gesture to the camera before showing it to all the fans.

 

“Did he just tell you he loves you live?” Ye Rim wondered. Sumin shook her head. “Except for the slight pause, it sounds like the you refer to his fans.. so I don’t think he meant it that way.”

 

Several fans had won contest that allow them to give presents personally to Sehun and get a hug, back hug or a kiss on the cheek from him. “You don’t mind?” Ye Rim asked. Sumin nodded. “It’s fanservice. It’s fine.” However, Sumin could not deny that watching Sehun hug another girl or even give a peck on the cheek even as a fanservice was difficul to swallow. But she reminded herself that it didn’t mean anything to him, and that’s most important.

 

“What the …!” Ye Rim cried and Sumin’s heart stopped for a moment. One of the fans that was supposed to get a peck on the cheek, turned just in time so that Sehun’s lips was on her lips instead. One of her hands had also grasped Sehun’s neck. Sehun was shocked and jumped back, his face was upset for a moment before he schooled it into a laugh. The fan laughed and apologized, and Sehun had no choice but to laugh it off. Some of the other fans at the event booed and Sehun had to pacify them. Ye Rim turned to look at Sumin’s face. She was also upset and her eyes were blinking. “Are you ok?” Ye Rim asked. Sumin could only nod her head as she didn’t trust her voice.

 

When they spoke the next day, Sumin asked Sehun if he was ok. Sehun admitted he was shocked but he got over it. He was glad that the other fans were sympathetic to him.

 

A few days’ later, Sumin and Ye Rim were watching a horror movie on tv when they heard the passcode to their apartment being keyed in. Sumin grew excited and when Ye Rim asked if she was expecting Sehun, she shook her head. “I thought he is coming back tomorrow,” she whispered. They both kept their eyes at the door and Ye Rim was already reaching out for the vase nearby. But it was Sehun who came in with a paperbag.

 

“You are back!” she squealed. Sehun smiled as he removed his shoes and step into the living area. Within seconds, Sumin had barreled into his chest and hugged him tight. He embraced her, chuckling “Yes, I’m back!” Ye Rim quickly stood up, “I’ll go to my room, I’m definitely feeling like the third wheel here.” Sehun asked her to wait and he released Sumin slightly to grab a present for Ye Rim, “This is for you.” Ye Rim raised her eyebrows and said thanks.

 

Her arms still wrapped around his waist, Sumin asked if Sehun’s hungry. “Yes, I am. But I’m hungrier for your kiss,” he replied before swooping down to kiss her hungrily. The kisses were intense that when they finally broke apart, Sumin’s face was red and she was panting. “Feed me now, sweetheart,” Sehun requested as he turned her around and with his hands on her shoulder, guided her to the kitchen.

 

“What would you like?” Sumin asked. “You,” he winked. That earned him a pinch from her. “Just joking. Can I have a simple sandwich. I’m not very hungry, just peckish,” Sehun said. He sat at the counter while Sumin made ham and cheese sandwich for him. He talked about the LA trip. “I would love to bring you to LA one day. I love the lifestyle there. And the shopping there is fantastic. The cost of American brands there is a fraction as compared to over here. I got some stuff for you. Wait,” he quickly walked back to the where he had dropped the bag earlier.

 

Sumin checked out the presents from Sehun as he ate his sandwich. Sehun had gotten her a casual bag, a scarf and dress from Kate Spade, two tops from Calvin Klein and a make up set from Urban Decay. “There’s so many here,” she said in surprise. Sehun sipped his drink for a moment and then pulled her towards him. Looking directly at her, he said firmly, “I’m going to buy you whatever I want from now on. I love fashion and I love shopping. It’s natural for me to buy it for my girlfriend. I know you don’t like it and you are not comfortable with receiving gifts. Maybe you worry about being obligated from receiving these presents. But we love each other, I’m not trying to buy your love or anything else. I just want to buy stuff for my girlfriend because I want to. And because I can. Araso?”

 

“Are you embarrassed of my dressing, because I don’t wear branded stuff?” Sumin asked. Sehun sighed heavily. “Why? Why do you turn a good gesture into something negative?” he paused. “I like you from the very beginning, not for what you wear or how you look. It had never mattered to me. It still doesn’t now. You can still wear whatever you want. But let me be the boyfriend I want to be, let me pamper you if I want to. Accept it graciously, don’t make me feel guilty or bad for doing it.”

 

Sumin searched his face and saw that he was upset. He was so happy to give her presents and her unnecessary worry on what it means turned it around. She nodded slowly. “Thank you. But I’m warning you.. Don’t blame me when I become the girl that pester you into buying me luxurious handbag or shoes. It would be your own doing.” Sehun guffawed, “You? Hahahhaha..”

 

Later in bed, while they were kissing, Sehun suddenly pulled away. He sat up and removed his tee. “What are you doing?” Sumin asked, quickly turning away. “I want you to touch me, feel comfortable with me,” Sehun said quietly as he took her hand and placed it on his body. He held her hand there. Gazing intently at her, he spoke softly but firmly “You cannot continue to be shy with me, with skinship.”

 

Sumin gazed at him silently. After a couple of minutes, she nodded slowly. Hesistantly, she touched his body, feeling the warmth radiating from him, the pulsating heartbeat and hardness of his body. She raised her eyes, and with a glint in her eyes, she whispered, “You worked out well.” Sehun laughingly replied, “Thank you.” He then ravished .

 

While they were kissing passionately, suddenly Sumin started laughing. Sehun pulled away and stared at her incredulously. “You are such a sly fox, Sehun,” Sumin giggled. “What did I do?” Sehun stared in confusion. When they were kissing, Sumin felt Sehun’s hand feeling her up under her top and her immediate reaction was to stop it. But as she herself had touched his body, Sumin felt she could not stop him. That’s when she realized it must have been his strategy. “You asked me to touch you so that you could get under my shirt, right?” Sumin asked laughingly. Sehun laughed. “It works, right? Now stop talking!”

 

Sumin was resting her head on his chest, lightly running her fingers on his bare body as she listened to him talk about his LA trip. She hugged him and enjoyed the feel of his body and its warmth, and she was starting to feel sleepy. “Su,” Sehun called her. “Hmm..” she murmured. Sehun tilted her head up so he could look her in the eyes. “I’m doing a photoshoot in Singapore, in June,” he mentioned. “Oh, another photoshoot. Don’t you have one this week, with Sulli? Who are you doing the photoshoot with this time?” she asked. Sehun shook his head. “Just me, for Elle magazine,” he said. Sumin nodded.

 

Staring intently at her, he asked “Would you come with me to Singapore?” Sumin widened her eyes. Before she could say anything, Sehun elaborated. “My photoshoot would be up to Friday noon. I could extend it till the weekend. If you could join me that Friday itself, then we can spend the weekend together.” Sumin searched his eyes and bit her lips. They often travelled out on day trips outside Seoul. This is an overseas trip, spending the nights with him in another country. She was aware of the implications. “Could I think about it first,” she asked. Sehun nodded and pulled her closer and kissed her head.

 

BTS of Sehun’s photoshoot with Sulli was uploaded online and it received rave reviews. Sulli is very y and sultry and the concept had a very adult theme. Sehun played his part well and the atmosphere from the BTS was cool and friendly. The photos itself was sensual. During lunch, Sumin listened quietly to her friends gushing at the video, with all sort of speculation about Sehun’s exuding a very manly vibe and how the two of them matched well. In fact, the speculations extended to them actually dating, hence that level of comfort with skinship and intimate looks.

 

Ye Rim who had joined the table slightly later, heard the discussion and was concerned for Sumin. Several times she tried to stop the discussion but Sumin shook her head slightly, asking Ye Rim to let it be. She gave Ye Rim a reassuring smile but her bestfriend could see that despite her valiant attempt, Sumin was affected. After lunch, Ye Rim grabbed Sumin’s hand and pulled her aside from the rest. “Are you ok?” Ye Rim asked. Sumin smiled widely. “Yes, I can ignore their wild speculations, since they don’t know Sehun. When have you turn into such a worry wart? I want my easygoing girlfriend back.” Ye Rim didn’t return the smile. She searched Sumin’s face and gave her a hug. “I’m here for you, always. Ok?” Sumin returned the hug and exhaled. “Ok,” her voice trembled.

 

Sumin was busy as her exams was coming up. Whenever Sehun has a free schedule, he would visit her with treats, pampering her with back massage or just a warm hug or hot kisses to release her from the stress. He sometimes slept over, just so that he could make sure she gets some rest as she has the tendency to study till the early

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter