Flowers of Love

Mountain too high to climb
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She was walking into the café when Sehun told Sumin over the phone that the scandal has resolved and there would be a press release within the next half an hour. “I’m glad to hear that. I hope those that said malicious things about you apologise,” Sumin said. “Unlikely. But it’s ok. Most important is the people close to me believed me,” Sehun replied. Sumin felt guilty hearing that. “Mian,” she said apologetically. Sehun chuckled. “I didn’t mean to make you feel guilty.” Sumin quickly said goodbye and put down the phone as she hanged her bag and jacket.

 

“Hello Unnie,” she greeted Sooyoung. She went closer and gave her a hug. “They will announce that Sehun is not the person in the picture shortly,” Sumin beamed. “I’m happy to hear that. He was here last night, waiting for you at closing time,” Sooyoung informed. “Oh..” Sumin didn’t know that. “He came over to my place to explain.” Sooyoung nodded with a smile, “He is persistent when it comes to you.” Sumin blushed. Sumin updated Hyeri about it and she got all excited and kept checking for the announcement.

 

“Sumin, its out,” Hyeri showed her. The press release mentioned that the guy is Irene’s boyfriend of 2 months, a non-celebrity working in the health industry. Sehun’s agency reprimanded the reporter and media for not doing a better screening and verification of the person in the photos before writing it up. Due to their incompetence, an innocent person was dragged into a scandal. The agency pointed out that the person in the photo could not have been Sehun. Although they are of the same height, Sehun is skinnier than the guy in the picture. This guy also has a tattoo underneath his ear, as can be seen when the photo was zoomed in. The agency wanted to sue the news agency that first released the news and those that have subsequently wrote malicious comments on Sehun. However, they were not going ahead as Sehun only requested for an apology to be posted admitting their error. Sumin and Hyeri hugged each other in happiness. She broke the hug when her phone buzzed.
 

 

To Sumin

Have you seen the news?


I’d wanted to see you tonight but hyungs want us to go out drinking to celebrate the end of the scandal. Do you mind? Should I come over after that?

 

To Sehun

Have fun. But be careful. Try not to get drunk. And please don’t come over after drinking. Talk to you tomorrow.

 

Sehun has a few weeks break after SM Town concert. Usually he would go on vacation with friends when he has a long break, but this time, he decided to stay in Seoul. He wanted to spend time with Sumin, go on dates before his schedules interfered again.

 

After some discussion, they decided to go hiking at Mount Sorak. Sehun suggested staying at Sokcho the night before so they could start the hike in the morning but Sumin refused. “We leave early morning instead, 4 am,” she insisted. “We should get good rest before the hike, so it’s better to stay overnight” Sehun argued. “I’ll drive if you think driving will tire out before the hike,” Sumin countered. Sehun shook his head, and said frustratingly, “I won’t bite if we sleep overnight together!” Sumin’s face turned bright red.

 

Sumin stood waiting for Sehun to pick her up. She bounced from one foot to the other trying to keep herself warm as it was quite chilly that morning. She had prepared kimbap, fruits and hot drinks for the trip to Mount Sorak and was really looking forward to the day. Sumin was still hopping from one foot to the other when a local brand sedan car stopped in front of her. Sehun drove an Audi. She was about to move aside when the window nearest to her rolled down and Sehun’s head popped out, “Good morning beautiful! Get in!”

 

Putting her bag in the back seat, Sumin slid into the car and turned to him with a big smile. Sehun who was about to drive off, turned to her, surprised. “Why aren’t you wearing seatbelt. Need help?” She beamed at him, leaning closer. “Nope! But I want a good morning kiss,” and she put her hands on both side of his cheeks and gave him a smacking kiss on the lips before settling down and put on her seatbelt.

 

Sehun was too shocked to react. It was too early for his brain to process. He shook his head and asked, “What was that?” Sumin turned to him innocently, “A kiss, my dear boyfriend. Come’on, start driving.” Then she leaned towards him, “Why? You want another one?” she teased. In a flash, Sehun put his hand behind her head as he pulled her into a deep kiss. Pulling away, he smirked, “This, my dear girlfriend, is a kiss. That thing earlier.. was a poppo.” Sumin giggled as Sehun drove off.

 

“Whose car is this?” She asked. “A friend’s from school. I’m sort of renting it from him. So you won’t have to worry about someone recognising my car. I  have started to use this car to go to your apartment too,” Sehun explained. Sumin was glad. Although she liked Sehun’s Audi, this car would not attract unnecessary attention since it was nondescript. It was comfortable too. The thought eased her mind.


Sumin chatted happily in the morning, excited about the day ahead. Sehun was trying his best to follow her conversation but it was difficult. “Su,” he glanced at her, “This chirpiness so early in the morning,” he paused, “I’m not a morning person.” She turned and pouted. “It bothers you?” she asked. “No, no! I just never expected this side of you. It’s like you had an overdose of caffeine” Sehun clarified. Sumin’s face relaxed and looked at him gratefully. “Thank goodness. Its actually tiring to be this chirpy!” she chuckled. “I wanted to make sure you are awake for the drive,” she giggled.


 

“And also, I am excited about today. Its our first proper date in Seoul,” and she turned to him and gave him a shy smile. Sehun glanced at her, and returned the smile. He took her hand into his and kissed it. “Technically, it’s not a date in Seoul either,” he said guiltily. “Oohh.. that’s right. It seems we will go on dates around Korea, but not in Seoul itself,” she laughed. “Wait, I know, our walks at Han River. That’s in Seoul,” she beamed. Sehun smiled and put her her hands on his lap, where he caressed is slowly.

 

“Su,” Sehun glanced at her. “Why don’t you take a nap? I let you know when we arrived.” Sumin shook her head, “I’m not sleepy. Shall we turn up the radio and sings our hearts out?” And that’s what they did. It was so unlike Sumin but durin g the drive back from Busan, Sehun had suggested. Initially she was shy as she never sang out loud before, but discovered that it was enjoyable and relaxing to just let loose. She was less conscious of her singing ability but she actually has pretty good voice.

 

They arrived at the base for the hike very early since the traffic was extremely light. Only two other cars were there and Sehun suggested having breakfast. There was a couple of restaurants opened and they picked a shop selling a variety of juk. Sehun picked a table at a corner, facing aw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter