Is that jealousy rearing its head?

Mountain too high to climb
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A month later, the idols were told about a club party. Sehun texted Sumin.

 

To Sumin

There is this biannual club party for the idols. The club opened it up only for the idols and some of their personal friends. No other outsiders allowed and no one can take photos of the event. Want to go?

 

To Sehun

With you? I don’t think it’s a good idea.

 

To Sumin

No. I meant I give you, Hyeri and Sooyoung-noona two tickets each. So you can each bring a friend. But they must be sworn to secrecy. We don’t have to hang out together, if you don’t want to.

 

The EXO group received 6 tickets to bring their friends and they offered it to Sehun as most of them had brought their friends before. The guys were aware of his dates, or outings as he chose to call it, with Sumin.

 

To Sehun

I told you before that all 3 of us can’t go at the same time. Someone has to mind the café. I stay behind.

 

To Sumin

The party starts at 10pm. The shop would be closed by then.

 

To Sehun

Oh!

 

Sehun wanted to face palm. This girl clearly had not been to a club.

 

To Sumin

Is this your first time going to a club?

 

To Sehun

Yes. So sue me.

 

To Sehun

As long as you don’t embarrass me with countryside behavior, it should be fine.

 

To Sehun

I have not agreed to go yet. Now, I made up my mind that I won’t go.

 

Her phone immediately rang. It was Sehun. “What!” she replied curtly. “I’m sorry. I was just kidding. Why are you being so sensitive?” Sehun sounded very apologetic. “Well I am a country bumpkin, so your insult hit its target,” Sumin said angrily. “A thousand apologies. I’m truly sorry. You’ll go? Please,” he put in as much aegyo into his voice as possible. “You know, there will be a stage and each group will perform at least one song. So, it will be like a concert with different idol groups.” “You know that doesn’t work with me,” Sumin retorted. “I’ll ask Heyri and Sooyoung-unnie first and get back to you.”

 

That night of the party, Sumin left earlier to get ready at Ye Rim’s apartment. Ye Rim had been excited to be invited and had probed how Sumin managed to get the tickets. She didn’t seem to believe that someone from EXO offered these elusive tickets to the girls at the café. Neither did Hyeri and Sooyoung-unnie when Sumin told them at the café. “When did Sehun spoke to you? He barely says a word when he is in the café,” Hyeri asked. Being cornered, she admitted that Sehun and her are friends and that he sometimes texted her. At their raised eyebrows, she explained that he got her number at the earlier concert and they are just friends. Hyeri and Sooyoung was not fully convinced but accepted the reason. They were too excited about the party.

 

Sumin has never been to a party so she did not have any clothes suitable for clubbing. She was going to borrow a top from Ye Rim. “I don’t want anything y please. Just a simple top to go with my jeans,” Sumin had pleaded.  After going through several skimpy and y tops, Sumin decided on a deep red fitted long sleeve top that stopped at her waist which she would pair with a tight fitting black jeans. Ye Rin wasn’t too pleased with the choice but it was dressier since the top has a beautiful sheen on it and it was better than some of Sumin’s earlier picks. Sumin decided to complete her attire with her own heeled boots and Ye Rim’s sling bag. Ye Rim put on light make up for her, which enhanced her features. She was still underdressed as compared to Ye Rim, who had on a slinky short glittered dress and sky high heels, but it was still dressy enough for the party. When she twirled around, Ye Rim cluckled satisfactorily at her stunning friend, “You’ll turn heads, I’m sure.” Sumin blushed at the compliment.

 

They arranged to meet Sooyoung, Hyeri and their friends near the club. Everyone but Sumin was excited as they made their way to the club. Sumin, on the other hand, was nervous and self-conscious. Her top rides up when she moves and show her flat tummy, that she had to repeatedly pull her top down. Ye Rim slapped her hand away the third time she did it. “It only shows half an inch, let it be,” she chided Sumin.

 

When they got in, the club was still half filled. Sumin found the smell of liquor permeated the air and she felt a tinge of queasiness because she doesn’t drink. They found a table near the dance floor and sat listening to the music. Sumin searched around but did not see Sehun or any of the EXO guys. The girls looked out for idols and they were already excited seeing some of them. Wooyoung from Infinite approached Ye Rim when she went to get drinks. Sumin saw how Ye Rim was being coquettish with him. When she came back, “You are such a flirt. I saw that” Sumin whispered. Ye Rim laughed. “Girl, we are a club, of course everyone flirts here! Com’on relax and enjoy yourself.” Sumin looked around and she did notice that there were indeed many flirtations going around. That was a light bulb moment for her. They enjoyed their drinks while listening to the house music played by the DJ.

 

There were some commotions near the entrance and Hyeri shrieked, “Its BTS! Its BTS!” Sumin has heard of the group from Sehun and had listened to a few of their songs that Sehun recommended to her. Every few minutes, the commotion happened again when any top groups make their entrance. Soon it was EXO’s turn. Sumin looked silently as she observed Sehun walked with his group members towards their seats on the second floor. Her breath hitched as she saw that he looked amazing in a black tight jeans, white tee and black leather jacket and his hair gelled up. Sumin forcefully teared her eyes away and focused on those that were dancing on the dance floor. She did not want the rest of the girls to notice her face when she is looking at Sehun.

 

The deejay started the performance part and invited Block B to the stage. The girls decided to stand in front of the stage to watch the performance closer. Everyone was dancing along to the performance and Sumin shyly bopped along. Sehun had been on the lookout for Sumin from the second floor and only found her when she was dragged to the dancefloor by her friend. He managed a glance of her face but he liked how she was dressed. It was understated. That’s so Sumin. He continued to observe and notice how she shyly bopped to the music as the people around her was dancing away. When she finally turned her face to speak to her friend, Sehun could then have a clear view of her face. He was visibly shaken to see how stunning she looked. Sumin had transformed herself from a simple, pretty girl to a breathtaking beauty. Sehun could not keep his eyes off her as he observed her from above.

 

Between each performance, the DJ will play a dance music so that everyone remained on the dance floor before the next performance. The girls danced where they stood and Sumin was glad that Sehun had taught her how to dance. Though she was still shy about it, at least she wasn’t standing still.

 

When BTS came up, they greeted their fans first. Sumin watched the stage, observing the interactions of each members. As she looked at each member, she found one was staring at her. They locked eyes for several moments and he winked at her. Sumin shyly turned away, telling herself that the guy winked at someone behind her. She watched the exhilarating performance and was impressed.

 

After the performance, she danced with the girls while waiting for the next one. Suddenly there was a tap on her shoulder and her friends and those around her gasped. Sumin turned and found the BTS guy that had stared at her from the stage, smiling at her. He leaned towards her ear and said hi. She pulled slightly away and returned his greeting. He grabbed her hand, and introduced himself “I’m Taehyung.” She nodded as she pulled back her hand and said, “Sumin.” “What?” and he leaned in again, pushing his ears nearer to , so she said to his ears, “Sumin.” “I hope you don’t mind that I joined you, This is Suga,” as he pointed to his friend next to him. He gave Sumin a brilliant smile. Sumin was nervous. She didn’t know how to react so she just nodded and pointed to her friends, quickly introducing them. Taehyung nodded at them with a smile and then danced in front of her. Awkwardly she danced facing him, but her eyes kept shifting towards Ye Rim asking for help. Ye Rim did not get the distress signal, or chose to not understand it; instead she was smiling and giving her the thumbs up sign and continued dancing with other guys.

 

Sehun had observed the interactions from the second floor as it unfolded. From above, he could not see Sumin’s reaction but the fact that Taehyung continued to chat with Sumin bothered him. His agitation increased as time went on especially when Sumin danced with Taehyung and his grip on the banister tightened. Chen, who was beside him, noticed his tenseness and tried to find out what he was staring murderously at. Following Sehun’s stare, he saw Taehyung dancing with a gi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter