Perplexity

Masquerade
Please log in to read the full chapter

By the end of her training – Yixing getting taken down three times – Seongmi was sore, cranky and needed a gallon of water. Her trainer was slowly hauling himself off the ground while she was fanning her burning face and panting to catch her breath.

“You've gotten really good,” Yixing commented with a grunt as he got to his feet.

“Thanks,” she muttered.

“Ho–”

“Oh my god!” boomed a familiar voice. Turning Seongmi saw Sehun entering the arena with a scrunch up face. “Who stepped in a pile of cow ?” he asked looking at the few people in the place. They all pointed towards her without missing a beat.

“I don't stink,” she groaned.

Sehun snorted in amusement as he crossed the arena to Seongmi. She glared at him as she brushed her hair out of her face as she stood upright, breathing calmed.

“What are you doing here anyway Sehun?” she asked crossing her arms.

The man trotted over to her and wrapped her in a sudden tight hug that startled her. She went rigid for a moment before she remembered last night and what they had agreed upon. Relaxing slightly she glanced up at the guy who still had a scrunched up face. What were these guys smelling, Seongmi wondered irritably.

“Can't I say hi after work?” he pouted playfully as he lowered his head to her level.

She just stared at him with half lidded eyes.

“Aw, my queen,” he cooed jutting out his bottom lip more.

“Uh, Seongmi,” Yixing said clearing his throat. She turned out of Sehun's arms to face her trainer who looked a little taken aback, though she wasn't quite sure why. “You're close with Sehun? Since when?” he questioned. His eyes flickering from her to the tall man currently behind her.

Seongmi arched a brow at the older male as she felt Sehun drop his forearms on her shoulders, leaning against her.

“Problem with our friendship hyung?” Sehun questioned.

Yixing stammered for awhile unable to find the words he wanted, before ultimately huffing and giving up with a shake of his head. “Behave yourself Sehun,” was all he said before he his heel and left the arena.

“Always am!” Sehun called after him.

Seongmi watched Yixing go with furrowed brows. Why did everyone imply bad things when it came to Sehun? Seongmi didn't know the man all that well, but he didn't seem as terrible – even with his wicked sense of humor – as Kyungsoo or Yixing acted like he was. What could be so bad about Oh Sehun?

When Yixing was out of sight Seongmi turned to Sehun, who was smirking like the Cheshire Cat after the man. She kicked at his shin when he didn't return his attention to her. He groaned at the impact and frowned down at her.

“What was that for?” he whined.

“Why are you really here?” she questioned.

“Well I was hoping to go out for lunch, but now I think I'll help you with that stench,” he replied nonchalantly.

Seongmi growled as she stomped her foot. “I don't smell! You all are crazy.”

“Are you declining a nice bubble bath?” He raised a brow at her challenging her.

She pressed her lips together as she eyed him incredulously. A bath sounded amazing, but she already knew, since it was Sehun, that there was a catch, she just wasn't sure what it was.

Shoving his hands into the pockets of his jeans Sehun bent over so their faces were on the same level again. He looked vaguely chill as their eyes locked like he was the most patient person in the world. Casually he his lips and shuffled a step forward so their faces were closer together.

“How nice? And what's it gonna cost me?” she asked cautiously.

“Nothing,” he stated. “You're the queen after all.”

Puckering she arched a single brow challenging him.

Quirking the corner of his mouth he leaned forward and pecked a kiss to her lips. “Anything for you Your Majesty.”

“I like your code of conduct,” she smirked.

“Told you so.”

Sehun's idea of a nice bubble bath was Seongmi's dream of being at a spa. When they left the arena he made her swing by the base so he could grab something from his room before they made their way to her house next door. He filled the tub for her, lit candles and arranged them around her bathroom, even gave her a shoulder massage while they waited for the tub to be full. Whatever he grabbed from his room he sprinkled the dust into the water alongside Seongmi's favorite lilac soap, the dust smelling like dried herbs, specifically wolf's bane.

“What's that?” she had asked about the plastic bag he dumped into the bath water.

“A mixture to help with the smell,” he answered simply.

“How do you know it'll help?”

“I've come across it before.”

Eyeing him Seongmi waited for further explanation, but Sehun never continued. He

Please log in to read the full chapter