Chapter 5 - The First Trap

THE CAGE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The car is speeding on the road. Only the sound of music from the radio was heard filling the inside of the car. Mingyu and Eunha sat next to each other but they didn’t say a word. They both just do their own thing. The driver looks at the rear-view mirror and glances at his master and the girl next to him. Eunha only looked down. She bit her lips and stared at her trembling hands. Her body was still shivering with fear. She held her hands tightly, hoping it would stop trembling and the feeling of fear would soon disappear. Eunha closes her eyes and tries to clear her mind. But she was startled when there was a hand covering both of her hands.

 

“Are you okay now?” Mingyu looked at her with concern.

“Uh, urm.. I’m okay.” She nodded and looked at his big hand holding her small hands. Somehow his hand feels so warm.

“But your hands are cold, are you feeling cold?”

“Ah no, I’m really okay!”

 

But Mingyu immediately took off the scarf around his neck and wrapped Eunha's hands with the scarf.

 

“Th-thank you.” She thanked him and he just replied with a warm smile. “Urm.. I’m sorry, I made your car soaking wet.” Eunha looked down feeling embarrassed.

“It’s okay, I’ll ask my maid to clean it for you later.” He looked at her gently. “So where do you live? I will send you home.”

”Uhh.. I-I don’t want to go home tonight.” Eunha said hesitantly and she looked down again.

“Then where do you want to go?” He raised his left eyebrow.

“I-I don’t know.” She can't even answer him.

 

She thought for a moment. She can't go to Wonwoo's house because he's not at home. He has a training camp at Incheon. He will be back in two weeks.

 

“Do you have someone you can contact?” Mingyu asked.

 

Eunha stays silent. She tried to think again, who else can she ask for help. Even though she had friends, she never asked for help from them personally because she doesn’t want to be a burden to others. ‘If you need anything, just call me okay?’ Sowon's face suddenly popped out in her mind. Her words echoed in her head.

 

“Ah.. my friend’s house. Can you drop me there?” She turned to him.

“Your friend’s house?” Mingyu also looked at her.

 

Their eyes meet each other. For a moment she just stared at him, like being hypnotized by his shining eyes. She seemed to be drawn into it.

 

“Eunha-sshi?” Eunha came back to her senses when Mingyu suddenly touched her shoulder.

“Hah! yes?” She blinked for a while.

“Where is your friend’s house? I will drop you there.”

“Oh, she lives in Eunpyeong-gu.”

“Alright then..” Mingyu smiled gently at her before he turned towards the driver. “You heard that?” He looked at the driver through the rear-view mirror.

“Yes, master.” The driver replied.

 

-Sowon's house-

Eunha has pressed the bell button many times but still, no one comes out to open the door. It’s been 15 minutes she stood in front of Sowon's house and she tried to call her several times but still no answer. ‘Did she sleep already?’ Eunha thought to herself.

 

“I think no one is at home. You see it’s very dark and quiet, maybe your friend went somewhere..” Mingyu suddenly approached her from behind.

“Well, I guess..” Eunha hesitated.

“So what’s your plan now?”

 

Eunha looked at her phone screen. Scrolling down her contact list number on her phone.

 

“Ah, there’s someone else!”

 

She tapped Byul's name on the screen and quickly called her. ‘Please pick up Byul-ah’ Eunha bite her lower lip. After three times trying to call Byul but still, there’s no answer from her. She finally gave up.

 

“I shouldn’t bother her with my problem, right?” Eunha said a little disappointed.

“Let’s get into the car first.”

 

Mingyu suddenly grabbed her hand and pulled her away towards the car. Once they got into the car, he quickly ordered his driver to head to the mansion.

 

“Alright, master.”

 

The driver just obeyed, then he continued driving the car through the road.

 

“Where are you taking me?” Eunha asked, a little panicked.

“My house.” He just smiled.

“Your house?” She looked at him confused.

“Yeah, you will be safer in my house if anything happens.” He insisted.

“B-but...” She seemed hesitant.

“Don't worry, I'm not living alone. There's a butler and maid in my house.”

 

He seemed to be able to read her mind. What other reason does she need to refuse him? she didn’t even know where to go, it was good enough Mingyu wanted to help her right now. She didn’t want to be a burden to him, but now she felt indebted to him. Eunha looked at him and she nodded.

 

“O-okay.”

 

Half an hour later...

Eunha felt her body like it was in the air. Then she realized a familiar scent before she slowly opened her eyes. In the dim vision, she saw someone face look at her closely. Eunha grabbed the collar of his brown coat and tried to clear her vision. After blinking a few times and her vision becoming clear, her eyes widened when she finally realized that she was in Mingyu's arms. He carried her in a bridal style. Their faces are very close to each other.

 

“Mi-mingyu-sshi?!” Eunha startled.

“Ah, you’re awake?” Mingyu slowly put her down and let her go.

“I’m sorry, I've tried to wake you up so many times but it seems you are in a deep sleep.” Mingyu smiles cheerfully at her.

“Ah, really? I’m so-so sorry!” Eunha apologizes. Ah, what’s wrong with her? so embarrassing! Eunha bites her lower lip.

 

She didn’t even realize when she fell asleep. She really wants to hide her face right now.

 

“It’s fine, let’s go.. we already arrived at my home.” He invited her to come with him.

 

Only then did she realize that she was standing in the courtyard. In front of her, there's a big white bungalow. Eunha’s eyes looking everywhere watched all over the bungalow. The bungalow is quite big like a villa and it is like an old mansion as if it had been built for decades. ‘Well, maybe this house is his family's heirloom.’ Eunha thought to herself. Then she quickly followed Mingyu to a l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter