Chapter 1 - The Beginning of Everything

THE CAGE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"It's not as beautiful as you think-"

 

"But I really want to be a human! Please turn me into a human, please, master!

Please, let me go. I want to be free like them!"

 

"Fine, if you want it so badly, I will turn you into a human."

 

"Really, master?"

 

"But on one condition…"

 

"Eunha-yah!" Someone's face suddenly appears in front of her. "Uhh... Sowon-ah, why?" Eunha snapped back to reality and feels a bit surprised. "Are you okay? Why does your face look so pale?" Sowon touches Eunha’s chubby cheek, feeling her body temperature. "Your body is so warm. Do you want to go to the infirmary?" Sowon asked, but Eunha shook her head and refused. "Nah, it's okay. Don’t worry too much." She gently holds Sowon’s hand to convince her. "Well, if you say so, okay. But why do you look anxious? Did something happen to you?" Sowon sits beside her, ready to listen to whatever Eunha has to say. "Ah, I'm just having a weird dream again." Eunha sighed.

 

"Again?" Sowon raised her right eyebrow. This isn't the first time Eunha has told her about having a weird dream. "Yeah, the same dream. It's okay. If I tell you, you might think it's just nonsense. Just ignore it." Eunha awkwardly laughs as she turns to look through the window. She observes the male students playing on the basketball court. Suddenly, someone catches her eye, and she smiles a little. "Yah, Eunha-yah! It's okay, just tell me! Is it about the white bird again?" Sowon grabs and hugs Eunha’s arm, but Eunha ignores her, her mind focused elsewhere. "Hey, are you listening to me? What are you looking at?" Sowon waves her hand in front of Eunha’s face. She then turns her gaze in the same direction.

 

"Ahh... Wonwoo-sshi? Why don't you just tell him that you have a big crush on him?" Eunha immediately turns towards Sowon and quickly covers . "Yah, don’t say it too loud!" But Sowon tries to push aside Eunha’s hand from . "Ahh... you see? There's no one here. They're already gone." Sowon rolls her eyes. "Where did they go?" Eunha looks around, just realizes there is no one else in the classroom. Sowon suddenly pinches Eunha’s chubby cheeks. "Eunha-yah, it's already lunchtime, you know! And you're still here daydreaming!" Sowon chuckles. "Aww! That hurts!" Eunha rubs her cheeks. "Come on, we need to hurry!" Sowon pulls Eunha’s hand to go with her.

 

"Ahh... wait a minute!"

 

~~~~~*~~~~~

 

Eunha walks alone on the sidewalk. She has just come back from the cafeteria. Sowon and her other friends are still at the cafeteria, not finished with their lunch yet. It's not that she doesn't want to eat, but she suddenly lost her appetite. Maybe it's because she is as busy as a bee, thinking too much about her weird dream last night. Sowon said she should just ignore that dream, but somehow she feels disturbed by it. As she crosses an alley, suddenly a white bird flies over her. When she looks at the bird, unintentionally, she recalls her dream from last night. 'Master, can I become a human?' Those words said by the white bird are still playing around in her head.

 

"Eunha-yah!" Suddenly, a low deep voice calls out her name from behind. Eunha freezes because she recognizes that voice very well. Slowly, she turns to look behind. It's him. Eunha suddenly feels embarrassed as her cheeks start to feel warm. "Oh, hi! Wonwoo sunbae-nim," Eunha greets him awkwardly, with a grin on her face. "Hi, Eunha!" He awkwardly waves at her. They both look awkward together. "Urm, why did you call me? Do you need anything?" Eunha breaks the awkwardness between the two of them. "Oh yeah, this weekend... Do you have free time?" Wonwoo asks her out of the blue. "Haa... yeah," Eunha answers without thinking much. She doesn't even know why she suddenly becomes like that and replies without any hesitation.

 

"Let's hang out together?!" He's not smiling at all, but looking at how his eyes sparkle, Eunha knows that he's actually excited. "Huh? Err... but-" She fell silent for a while, thinking of something for a moment. "Keeping yourself silent? So I assume that you agree, okay!" Wonwoo decides on his own. "Eh?" Her eyes blink for a moment, but then she realizes what is going on. "Then see you at the train station at 12:00 PM, okay!" Wonwoo makes his way as he waves at Eunha and leaves her alone on the sidewalk. "Uhh, sunbae-nim..." Eunha just watches his every step blankly until he disappeared from her sight.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter