Chapter 6

THE CAGE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-The Next Day-

Eunha slowly opens her eyes and stares blankly at the ceiling. She is still half awake. Eunha blinks for a moment before her eyes look around the antique and luxurious room. A quick flash of what happened last night came through her mind. Then she quickly got up in shock and rubbed her eyes. Oh my god! It’s not a dream. Everything that took place was real. Again, she viewed her surroundings. Deliberately she remembers everything that’s still clear in her mind; she was in Mingyu’s house.

Yesterday night she went to the convenience store and ended up being chased by a stranger. She tried to save herself from one she believed was a stalker. Almost got hit by a car, it turned out that it was Mingyu’s car. That’s when she met Mingyu. Eventually this guy tries to help her by fetching her to Sowon’s house. Unfortunately, she couldn't reach neither Sowon nor Byul; another close contact. In the end she had to follow Mingyu to his house for the night.

 

“What should I do? Why do I have to get him involved in this situation?” Eunha sighed heavily, covering her face with her hand. Suddenly, “Nah, I should help prepare breakfast for him!” Eunha quickly gets off from the bed and immediately heads to the bathroom.

 

However, at a prompt she returns to the bed. She grabs her phone on the bedside cabinet and checks if Wonwoo had contacted her yesterday. Disappointingly, there was no chat either from Wonwoo and two of her friends, Sowon and Byul. She tried to be optimistic, thinking that line connections here were poor. Eunha put her phone back on the bedside cabinet before heading back towards the bathroom.

 

~~~~~*~~~~~

 

Eunha walked through the hallway while looking at her surroundings. It’s quiet here, maybe because it is a big mansion. Only four people live here. Did Mingyu live here by himself with his maid, butler, and driver only? She wonders if they ever feel bored living in such a premise. Where are his parents? Is he the type of person who opt to be self-reliant and hate to depend on parents? Eunha stared at the water fountain in the courtyard through the window while her mind was still daydreaming.

 

“Miss Eunha...” A voice suddenly heard from behind causing her to startle.

“Oh my, it’s you! Gosh, you really shocked me.” Eunha rubbed her chest, trying to calm herself.

“Pardon me... I'm here to invite you for breakfast. Master is already waiting for you.” The maid apologized and she just looked down, staring at the floor.

“Oh, okay. I’m coming.”

 

Then Eunha quickly went downstairs. The maid silently followed her from behind. From a distance she could see Mingyu was already waiting for her at the dining table. Just now she planned to make breakfast for him, but the maid already prepared everything. Eunha slowly approaches him. When he realised she was there, he quickly got up.

 

“Eunha-sshi...” He looked excited when he saw her.

“Uh, morning!” She awkwardly smiles at him.

“Morning.” While Mingyu returns her with a charming smile.

 

Wait. Why did he smile like that to me? Eunha became confused.

 

“Please have a seat...” He pulled a chair for her.

“Thank you.” She thanked him before sitting on the chair. Mingyu just smiled and then he sat opposite her.

“So how was your sleep? Are you comfortable staying here?” He started a conversation while chopping the bacon.

“Yeah, it’s good! I’m really comfortable. Thank you for your care.” Eunha cheerfully smiled at him.

“Glad you like it. But why didn't you wear the clothes from the closet?” He looked straight into her eyes, like waiting for her answer.

 

Eunha looked at her hoodie she was wearing right now. What should she say? The clothes- no, the dresses in the closet look too vintage and old fashioned. The dress style looks like it was from the medieval period. Where did he get those clothes? What she really wonders is he just came from the past? Or maybe he just likes that kind of thing? Antiques and classics.

 

“Urm, because it looks too fancy, I don't think it will suit me.” Eunha made up some excuse. Fancy huh? What an absurd excuse. Eunha muttered.

“Oh, really... But I think you will look pretty wearing it.” Mingyu smiled again at her. After he finished chopping the bacon, he changed his plate with hers.

“Thank you.”

 

Then they both start eating breakfast together. It feels awkward because only two of them are having breakfast right now while they are being watched by the maid and butler. Even though both two of them were just standing behind her and Mingyu, still when someone else is staring at you without saying anything somehow will make you feel uncomfortable right?

 

“Urm, Mingyu-sshi... Can I drop by at my house today?” Her question made him stunned and stop from eating.

“For what?” He asked with a cold voice.

 

Why did he suddenly look pissed?

 

“I want to bring some clothes and stuff, can I? I need my laptop because I have an assignment to submit this week.” She gave a reason.

“Okay, I will accompany you later... But today you don't have to go to class or cafe.” He said not even looking at her face, while Eunha looked surprised by what he said. “Aren't you afraid? What if the stalker comes to find you again?” He continued.

 

Yeah, what Mingyu said really makes sense. She knows he really cares about her but still not attending class is a bit too much because she never skips class before, and she doesn't want to take any day off for her part-time job or her salary may be deducted later. How should she tell him? Eunha bite her lips. She was a little hesitant to tell him. He only stares at her like he was reading her mind.

 

“Fine, you can go to the cafe but just skip your class for today, okay? I will drop you at the cafe later.” Mingyu said, making her speechless.

 

H-how does he know what she’s thinking? Can he read minds?

 

“O-okay.” She only agreed because she didn't want to start any more arguments with him. He just smiled and then they continued eating.

 

-Eunha’s house-

Like Mingyu promised, after lunch time he accompanied Eunha to her house. Nothing looked suspicious in the house. The front and the back door are locked, and all windows are closed. All her belongings are also still there, nothing is missing. So, is it safe if she goes back to her home? But the stalker will come looking for her if he knows she has returned home again. Eunha shaking her head. No, now is not the right time. Eunha took some of her clothes and stuff then put them in her luggage. After finish packing her stuff, she brings her luggage downstairs where Mingyu is already waiting for her.

 

“Mingyu-sshi...” Eunha approached Mingyu who was busy l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter