Chapter 2

THE CAGE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A week later...

"Okay, that's all for today. We will continue with other topics in our next class. Please don't forget to complete your assessment, start working on your assignment, and submit it ASAP, okay?" Lecturer Kim said while arranging the documents in his hand. "Alright, sir!" The students answered him. He closes the slides and shuts down the PC before standing up from his chair. "Okay then, I'm going first." He walked towards the door. "Thank you, sir!" The students bowed to him and he smiled before leaving the class.

 

The students began to stand up and pack up their belongings into their bags. It's already lunchtime. Some students have already headed to the cafeteria. Eunha is still sitting on her chair, but her hand is busy packing her things into her sling bag. Sowon, who is sitting next to her, suddenly asks, "Eunha, where do you want to go after this? Let's have lunch together." She looks at Eunha, waiting for her answer. Eunha remains silent for a while, thinking about something.

 

"Sorry, I can't join you because I'm going to meet someone. Just go without me, okay?" Eunha says, although she feels bad about declining Sowon's offer. "Alright, then I'll have lunch with Yerin and the others. By the way, who are you going to meet?" Sowon looks directly at Eunha, making her feel quite uncomfortable. "Uh... there's someone." Eunha turns to look the other way, avoiding eye contact with Sowon. Now, she feels somewhat embarrassed.

 

"Who?" Sowon still has the same question. She is genuinely curious because Eunha has never kept anything from her before, but now she seems secretive. A week passes, and Eunha still hasn't told Sowon anything. "I'll tell you later, but not now, okay?" Eunha stands up from her chair and puts on her sling bag. "Hmm, okay." Sowon gives a brief response. "Then I'll go first. Bye!" Eunha smiles and waves to Sowon before leaving the class. "Bye!" Sowon waves back until Eunha disappears from her sight.

 

~~~~~*~~~~~

 

Eunha looks around her surroundings, trying to find someone. Sometimes she stares at her phone screen to check for any new notifications or messages. She has already been waiting for 15 minutes on the sidewalk. Suddenly, someone calls her name from behind. Eunha turns and sees Wonwoo coming towards her, waving his hand. A bright smile appears on his face; he looks so excited. "Wonwoo sunbae-nim!" Eunha waves her hand and smiles back at him. She is also really happy to see him.

 

Wonwoo comes closer to her and immediately pulls her into his arms, hugging her tightly. "I miss you so much!" Wonwoo whispers in her ear. "I miss you too." Eunha hugs him back. "Sorry I made you wait for me," Wonwoo loosens his hug and looks deep into her eyes. "It's okay, I just arrived here too," Eunha tells a white lie, showing her angelic smile. 15 minutes is nothing for her compared to how long she has kept her feelings for him. She can wait for him forever. "I just finished my basketball training," Wonwoo lets out a sigh.

 

"It's really fine. Don't worry about me," Eunha continues to smile. She doesn't want him to feel guilty about it. "Do you still have class after this?" They start walking away on the sidewalk. "No, I've also just finished my last class for today," she answers. He just nods as he listens to her. "So where do you want to have lunch?" Wonwoo reaches for her hand and holds it tightly. "I will follow anywhere you want to go!" Eunha hugs his arm tightly and follows his steps.

 

-Subway-

"So, how's your basketball training?" Eunha looks at Wonwoo, who is sitting opposite her while her hand plays with the straw. "Hmm... because the match is getting closer, we have to train and practice more," he looks out through the window. It is drizzling rain outside. "Oh, I forgot to tell you that starting this weekend, I have a training camp for two weeks in Incheon, so maybe during that time, I don't think we can stay in touch that often." Wonwoo lets out a little sigh. Of course, he feels guilty because they just started their relationship, but he doesn't have much time to spend with her as her boyfriend.

 

"Ah, really?" Eunha looks surprised at first. She is disappointed, of course, but what can she do? As long as Wonwoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter