Casted

Under Her Spell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Damn it," Mina breathed as she read the contents of the medical book in front of her. She had been reading the damn thing since the early afternoon of the day inside what she insisted to be just an apartment. She insisted it to be just an apartment room despite the obvious design of what seemed more to be as a luxurious condo unit that only rich people — or in her case, expensive students — could afford.

 

Myoui Mina wasn't not really into fancy things nor events and if she was asked about it she would rather prefer simple things. Well, how did she end up with this place was solely because of her friends, dumb and dumber or her friends that go by the names of Sana and Momo. The three of them were all ready to apply for a dorm, which was solely suggested by the latter two, only for them to find out that only two students were allowed per room and nothing more. Mina being the most intelligent and understanding out of the three of them, decided to take one for the team and find another dorm for herself near the campus. She decided to dorm alone because she wanted to spare either one of her best friends from paying the bills alone, but even with her good intent, she found herself with no available dorms. That was the story how Sana and Momo spent their first semester in college apologizing to Mina who was now casually living in her condo unit – for three expensive years now.

 

Mind floating elsewhere, Mina repeatedly tapped her mechanical pencil on the page that she was currently on. She's a diligent junior college student with strict mixture of above average and top grades in her subjects. A student with a handful of friends who only allows herself to have fun or socialize when she feels like it. Definitely, a diligent student but as of now, she wasn't because a certain girl had been running amok inside of her head. It had already been four days for her, yet she was still affected by the clueless cub. Yes, Myoui Mina was really captivated by Son Chaeyoung because of a single lunch she allowed herself into.

 

"Damn it," Mina said the phrase again for who knew how many times that day. Damn it because she couldn't study and damn it because Son Chaeyoung was still plaguing her mind. The penguin allowed herself to be distracted by the sound of the text message from her phone. Peeking her eyes to check up on it, her friend had sent her a text invitation.

 

Nayeon:
Leave your igloo, penguin. Let's hang to this new cafe near the campus.

 

The elegant girl groaned because who was she kidding? She had been failing to convince herself since early afternoon that she was actually studying and not daydreaming a certain cub. With a defeated sigh, she decided that instead of using studying as a way to distract herself from Son Chaeyoung, she replied to Nayeon's text to rather join her.

 

-------

 

Mafia Boss Mina:
On my way.

 

Inside the cafe, Nayeon and Chaeyoung sat across one another. "Oh, look, she's coming," the bunny said as she showed her phone and beamed her teeth to the cub. Chaeyoung smiled back, "Great, but I need to be in my next class soon and why on earth she's named Mafia Boss Mina, Nayeon unnie?" she pointed it out on the screen like something that was so obvious. "My child, when I first met Mina she really has this scary glares. Yes, maybe because of her straight black hair and straight stature, and she greets people in a really stiff way back then," Nayeon laughed at her memories of her friend, "But still Chaeyoungie," she added before taking a sip through the straw of her ordered frappe. "Plus she's ric

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter