Skin Dip

Under Her Spell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rest of the following week before the day of the anticipated camping trip dragged on pretty quick. In a not so early time of their Saturday, a slightly pissed Jeongyeon knocked at the younger occupant's door. The girl was pissed because their supposed early departure from their university was duly moved for four hours later. One might asked why or the reason for the unintended delay, and a very simple answer was enough to suffice the curiosity. The silver headed girl sighed at her still-slumbering best friend.

 

Son Chaeyoung was drunk, or for a more precise description, Yoo Jeongyeon was woken up by a slurring call from Chou Tzuyu at exactly four in the morning. The purpose of the tall beauty's call was they — along with Kim Dahyun — couldn't move from their spot because of how heavily drunk their states were. Somehow in the dead and quiet night, the cub had snuck out of their room since the eagle invited her with the puppy to celebrate her self-proclaimed reconciliation to her delayed allowance. Mommy eagle was making sure to establish a point to her daughter, the importance of budgeting money. Sadly, the daughter was a thick-headed baby eagle who goes straight in celebration for the night her allowance was delivered as her thanking gift to her side-idiots.

 

Out of pity, Joengyeon called and informed Jihyo that Chaeyoung drank with her troublesome friends, and initiated the time of their meetup to be later of the day so she could sleep and rest for a little longer. Their supposed nine in the morning meetup was moved to one in the afternoon. She also made a request for Jihyo to inform the penguin about the cub's wasted self before she waited for no one supposedly like in their first plan of their meetup. Another reason why the silver dragon was pissed was because the cub hadn't packed her belongings yet, so she did what she had to do. She looked at the time of her full-charged phone — 12:07 pm. She couldn't take it so she barged inside her best friend's room. Nothing, Chaeyoung was unaffected by the older occupant's outburst.

 

Jeongyeon marched until she was facing the sleeping tiger cub. "Wake the up, Chaeng!" she raised her voice as she exclaimed her words, "I don't want to make Jihyo to wait for us any longer!" With the success of her outburst, Chaeyoung groaned before she statically began to move her limbs — not very fond of further angering her best friend. "Don't shout. I'm up," she mumbled as she painfully lifted her hungover head. "I'm up," she repeated. "Great," the dragon huffed, "Go and take a bath then we'll go straight to Jihyo's dorm."

 

"I haven't packed my things yet, Jeong," she pouted, quite feeling sorry for sneaking out last night. "I know, that's why I already did it while you were sleeping," Jeongyeon said, finally a little bit calmed. "Shower and breakfast," she once again demanded with a raised voice as she clapped her hands to urge her friend. Chaeyoung stood up and moved her feet. When she passed Jeongyeon, the clapping sounds and the demands intensified. "Hurry! Hurry!" the silver haired girl cheered. The shorter could only groan in defeat. 

 

Exactly seven minutes of entering their dorm's bathroom,  the cub was startled by another barging knocks on the door. "Move those hands quickly!" her best friend's cheering continued — making the temples of her head throbbed. A few minutes later, she was out of the shower and was heading back to her room to change for a clean set of clothes.

 

"Amazing," the silver haired girl beamed a smile at the newly bathe baby cub, "Now, eat breakfast, brush your teeth, and then let's go." The cub did what were demanded. She ate and brushed her teeth quickly, and then tried to pace along the long strides of the older one. As they walk to Jihyo's dorm, "You can just sleep again on our way to our camp," Jeongyeon stated — her attention still focused to their direction. "You don't have to tell me because I'm completely planning to do that," the cub let out her smart remark.

 

As she huffed her lungs, Chaeyoung looked at the nearing building. She noticed that Jihyo was already waving at them while Mina was silently standing in between Jihyo and her white SUV. Their belongings were probably already tucked inside the vehicle's back. Jeongyeon heaved as she approached the other two. "Sorry for the abrupt delay of our trip," she apologized on the behalf of the real culprit. "She was badly influenced by her troublemaker of friends," she added. "It's totally fine, Jeongyeon," Jihyo smiled sweetly to her girlfriend.

 

Of course, she'll let this one slide and tolerate Jeongyeon's habit of treating me like a baby, the cub thought since she was way too deprived to actually say it. "There's plenty of room at the back. Place your stuff then we'll ready to go," Jihyo advised which Jeongyeon completely agreed in. Chaeyoung slowly followed the silver colour in her sight. Jihyo walked to the front of the car while Mina walked closer to the lagging cub.

 

"You look like you're really having a hard time with that," the penguin greeted as she eyed how frustrated the cub was with placing her own bag inside the car. "Let me help you," she offered before she took the miserable bag from its tilted position. "Thanks," Chaeyoung stated before she pinched the bridge of her nose. Her hangover hadn't eased yet. Mina proceeded to secure the bag on its place before she faced the troubled girl, "That much?" she questioned, trying to initiate some conversation.

 

Chaeyoung chuckled, "Yeah, I drank a lot last night," she grinned at her, "But either way, I'm ready for this camping trip." Mina smiled, too, "The let's get inside," she offered. The two walked back to each side of the vehicle. Jeongyeon was already beside of Jihyo whose hands were already intact on the steering wheel, making the other two to be seated on the available backseat. The cub was behind Jihyo while the penguin was behind Jeongyeon.

 

"We already lost four hours and we're not even driving yet," Jeongyeon whined as she looked over her shoulder. Chaeyoung could only groan again. The silver haired girl also groaned to herself, "This should be enough of a reason for you to keep your words to your schedule," she reminded her. "Please, no more nagging. My head still hurts," the baby cub begged with pleading eyes. Jeongyeon frowned before  she faced again her front as Jihyo started the vehicle. "Thank you for your support," she let out as she leaned her body closer to Mina.

 

Once their sides were connected, Chaeyoung rested her head on the penguin's shoulder. "I need more sleep, be my human pillow," she stated as she scooted closer to her. "Okay," the elegant girl answered and looked at the comfortable cub. Chaeyoung had her eyes closed already but before Mina could look away, she requested something again. 

 

The cub let out a soft groan, "This is really a stiff position," she said without opening her eyes. She then slowly opened her eyes and began her request, "Can I move to your lap?" she asked, her eyes now boring to the penguin's own orbs.

 

Mina's heart was caught off guard. It thumped at the sudden intense look sent by the dazed cub. The rare moments when Chaeyoung's eyes shift to look like the tiger's. The dangerous and hunting side of the younger girl. She blinked her eyes, trying to relax the immensing sensation that her heart was trying to struggle free. "Go ahead," she said, sounding a little bit unsure. Chaeyoung smiled at her permission. The cub emitted her sunny and dimpled smile to her, and with that she was back again to her usual baby cub self.

 

Chaeyoung moved away to the elegant girl so she could position herself properly on her lap. She leaned the side of her face and sighed in contentment. "Warm," she commented before she closed again her eyes. As of Mina, she watch the cub fell into her own slumber under the roof the car and behind her two friends. 

 

-------

 

After an hour or so, the couple decided to order some food which Jeongyeon suggested to be burgers and fries to accommodate the rest of their drive. Jihyo parked the vehicle as Jeongyeon volunteered to get their food. They could've just used the driveway to get their orders but the silver haired girl insisted to do it instead, so her girlfriend could at least rest for a little while. Within twenty minutes and the fast service of the food place, Jeongyeon was back with a bag containing four burgers and fries. On her other hand was four cola drinks.

 

When the smell of the greasy burgers was trapped inside the car, Chaeyoung — the sleeping baby beast — bolted away from Mina's lap while holding and pinching her nose. The awoken cub  was feeling nauseated and her stomach was feeling uneasy, and was probably about to burst out the remains of last night. The smell triggered her sensitive drunken stomach. Opening the door violently, the cub ran outside as she headed to the restaurant place in search of their toilet. 

 

Jeongyeon visibly placed the bag and was about to follow her best friend, but Mina called out to her. "I'll take care of her," the penguin stated as she softly gestured for the eldest to sit tight beside her girlfriend. "Okay," Jeongyeon nodded while looking to Mina. The elegant girl was rummaging on her bag that was thankfully within her reach. Once she had taken the thing that she was searching, she grabbed one of their drinks and walked out from the same door where Chaeyoung had ran off to.

 

Mina entered the place, it was relatively packed so no wonder Jeongyeon managed to take their orders pretty quick. In the restroom of the place, the penguin saw the cub who was already finished with her business. She was now clutching her hands at the porcelain sink like she needed it for support. She must've already threw up. The cub was also profusely sweating and her eyes were dreaded from lack of proper sleep.

 

"I shouldn't have drank so much last night," the cub looked at the penguin through the mirror in front of her. "I'm pretty sure Jeongyeon had said that to you for the past hours," the penguin replied before she smiled at her gently. "Yeah," Chaeyoung answered before she turned the faucet on and drenched her face with cold sink water. As she wiped her face with her handkerchief, Mina walked closer and approached her.

 

The penguin offered her right hand to the other girl. She was holding an aspirin pill. "Jihyo informed me the reason why the nine in the morning plan was adjusted," she said before she handed the pill to the cub, "And I thought this may happen so I brought some aspirin just in case–"

 

"I throw up," Chaeyoung finished off. Mina chuckled, "I was just thinking ahead of the possibilities especially when I have a history of you with throwing up." The cub smiled, "Okay," she said, finding her reason plausible, "Thank you." She took the pill and put it in before she took the drink to flush the medicine down in her stomach.

 

After that, the two walked back to the vehicle by each other's side. "I actually forgot to take an aspirin when I woke up," the cub talked, "Jeongyeon was already nagging me for the moment I opened my eyes." Mina just chuckled to her story. When they were seated back to their respective seats, Chaeyoung removed her shoes and put her feet on the seat. With folded legs and her remarkable small frame, the cub was able to lie on her back with the back of her head resting on the penguin's thighs.

 

"Hey, you two are not eating your burgers?" Jihyo asked the newly arrived duo behind them. Mina shook her head, "I'm not quite hungry yet so I think I'll pass." The brown haired girl looked down at Chaeyoung whose left forearm was already blocking the pair of her eyes. "Baby beast?" she asked.

 

"I don't want to throw up inside your car, unnie," the shortest girl replied. "Okay, suit yourselves," Jihyo answered back before starting up the engine again.

 

The rest of the drive was filled with rustles of plastic bag, and the sound crumpled paper wrappers and emptied cup of drinks.

 

-------

 

Unexpectedly, they were caught in a light traffic so when Jihyo turned off the power of the car, it was already 4:27 pm. Jihyo unlocked the doors, and Jeongyeon got out from her seat and headed to the back of the vehicle. Jihyo followed through and helped her girlfriend to take their belongings out. "Mina, wake Chaeng up and then follow this straight path to get to us," the silver haired girl requested to the quiet girl.

 

Mina nodded at Jeongyeon who managed to sling every strap of their bags in her frame. The tall girl closed the door and walked with her girlfriend to their possible camping site. The penguin looked down on her lap. The cub was still sleeping soundly on her lap. Chaeyoung was still peaceful in her dreamland and Mina couldn't have the guts to wake her up, just yet.

 

She smiled without knowing on how cute and soft Chaeyoung looked from her view. Mina was sure that even her heart was smiling to the current picture of the tiger cub. She grazed her fingertip to the bridge of Chaeyoung’s nose, testing how much of a sleeper the girl is. Is she a light or a heavy sleeper? She was neither.  Chaeyoung didn't wake up nor get completely unfazed by Mina's soft touches.

 

Chaeyoung scrunched her nose cutely like a kid who was being disturbed in her sleep. With the action, Mina couldn't help herself but to smile even wider. She poked the tip of the tiger's nose and she giggled when she earned a light groan from her. She's too cute, she thought lovingly. The penguin stopped her touches and decided to sit still until the cub finally woke up. "I'm in love with you," she confessed in a barely audible sound. Her heart warmed and stung with the said words. She felt good for saying the sacred phrase but relief wasn't in her side. How can she be relieved when she knew the fearing full potential of her confession?

 

Mina sighed as she tore her eyes away from the sleeping cub and looked outside of the vehicle. The car was parked in what seemed like an entrance of a green forest. The path Jeongyeon was talking was probably the very obvious one in front of Mina. She wasn't really an outdoor person but she wouldn't lie that the idea of camping sounded really relaxing.

 

"Have we arrived?" she heard a voice from below. "Yes," she simply answered before she looked down again. "How was your sleep?" the penguin asked. "Warm," the cub roared a yawn, "All thanks to your lap," she smiled to her. Mina looked down at her lazy companion and tried to smile. It was a successful smile but it was quite weak from her usual ones.

 

"Let's just stay here together, Mina," Chaeyoung stated as she looked up at the elegant girl's face. "You're an indoor person, right?" she asked. "You don't want to step out of here, right?" the cub playfully grimaced as she tried her hardest to convince the penguin. "Tempting,"  Mina chuckled at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter