Baby Eyes

Under Her Spell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I texted Tzuyu that we are having pizza,” Dahyun elbowed her friend while retaining her focus on the television. “Yeah? What’d she say?” Chaeyoung asked back at her. The eagle swallowed before she answered, “She’s coming, said she had to run some errand in the library,” she scoffed, “I mean who goes in the library, right?”

 

Chaeyoung, Son Chaeyoung goes to library because her art partner spends most of her time caving inside the building with the aromatic smell of new and old thick books. The cub whipped her head to her left side and furrowed her brows together, “I don’t know, maybe students who needed to study?” she sarcastically replied to the older one. “Like that happens in real life,” Dahyun replied as she rubbed her chin while thinking about its possibility. “You studied last exam week,” Chaeyoung rolled her eyes to her very contradicting friend.

 

“Yeah,” the eagle smiled, “I don’t want to fail.” “Oh my God!” the cub snapped, jolting a bit from her seat, “You’re so insufferable!”

 

She’s an idiot, she thought as she rubbed her left temple. “Why are you so agitated in life, Chaeng?” Dahyun nudged her friend again. The cub sighed but before she could answer back, Tzuyu entered the placed with plastic bag on her right hand. “It’s because of you, Dahyun. You’re the reason why she’s so agitated in life,” Tzuyu smiled and then flopped beside the tiger cub.

 

The tall beauty handed the cans of soda to the two before she proceeded with taking her own slice of pizza. “Hey,” Dahyun started to call the newcomer’s attention, “What was your oh-so-important errand in the library, anyway?” Tzuyu stopped midway in taking a bite of her pizza and then looked at Chaeyoung as if puzzled for a moment. “What?” the cub blinked at the puppy’s face. “Some errand,” the tall girl replied, and then she took her first bite. “Were you studying?” Dahyun laughed at her question.

 

“What?” Tzuyu asked as if she was offended by the eagle’s question, “No, I was not.” The cub quickly pointed at her puppy friend, “Then why are you there?” she interrogated. “She was studying, I swear,” the eagle raised her right hand in ninety degree and made a cross sign in front of her heart with her left one. “I was not,” Tzuyu puffed her cheeks out, “There was a good novel there and the witch of a librarian wouldn’t let me borrow it.” She rolled her eyes before she could finish her explanation, “She said it’s a new addition in its respective shelf so I can’t borrow it yet.” Her two friends grimaced at her witch story. “We deserve a younger and more beautiful librarian,” Chaeyoung stated, “That way, I will have a plausible reason to go in there.”

 

Dahyun made a sign of the cross before she agreed to her little friend, “I second that.” Tzuyu watched her two ridiculous friends nodded synchronously. “First of all, we could change the two adjectives to just the simple word, kind,” the tall beauty stated as a matter of fact, “Second, Dahyun you have a girlfriend now. What are you trying to imply here?”

 

“In my defense, there’s nothing wrong with admiring art,” the eagle said, puffing her chest with oxygen and pride. “But you’re a music student,” Tzuyu furrowed her brows, not aware that she was also deeply indulging herself to their equally ridiculous idea. Dahyun raised a finger in the air, “True,” she began talking, “But I’ve also learned to admire art from a very good sensei,” she emphasized the last word as she gestured her palm just under the baby cub’s chin. She must’ve learned that Japanese word from her Japanese girlfriend. Chaeyoung equally puffed her chest with oxygen, pride, and gratification.

 

The tall puppy shook her head and raised both of her hands — one clutching a warm pizza, “Nope, I am not having this conversation with the two of you,” she said, so done with the eagle and the cub. Their attention and ridiculous conversation were shortly interrupted by an audibe metal sound that clicked inside the doorknob. Silver head peeked inside and then the tall occupant of the room emerged from the other side of the door. “Oh,” Jeongyeon exclaimed when she saw the three freshmen on their couch. She smiled, seeing how the other two accompanied her best friend, “Hey, three idiots,” she greeted.

 

“Oh,” Dahyun’s attention perked up, “Welcome home, honey,” she cooed while gesturing a kissy face and some kissy sound. “Shut up, Dahyun,” Jeongyeon replied before she flopped down next to the Taiwanese girl. “Pizza?” Tzuyu offered as she moved the pizza box to the oldest one’s reach. The silver haired girl grabbed not one but two pizza slices, “Thanks,” she said. “Hey, I was the one who bought these so I’m the one you should be thanking,” Chaeyoung puffed her cheeks and leaned away from the couch to fully look at her best friend. The eagle shoved the agitated cub back to her position and directed her lit up face to the eating dragon, “With all due respect, unnie. Is it really a conscious act for Jihyo unnie to date you or we were just clueless about the fact that she was already abducted by aliens and changed up into alien Jihyo unnie?” “For the second time, Dahyun, shut up,” Jeongyeon rolled her eyes at the sweet yet very out-of-this-world girl. Tzuyu looked up next to the silver haired dragon, “How did you make her fall in love to you, unnie?” the tall puppy asked.

 

Jeongyeon slowly raised her forefinger in the air and slowly moved it on her left cheek, down to her jaw bone, “It’s because of these sharp jaw,” she grinned.

 

Chaeyoung just laughed at her roommate, “Nope, the last time Jihyo unnie and I talked, she said that you’re really great at cleaning and cooking,” the two visitors laughed at the cub’s statement, “And I quote, a perfect wife in the future. She's going to wife you, Jeong,” she smiled.

 

“Wife m-me?” Jeongyeon stuttered before she blushed as red as Dahyun’s wrong decision of dying her hair into the colour. “Where’s your confidence now, unnie?” Tzuyu mockingly asked as she sipped her soda. The silver haired girl cleared before she grabbed Chaeyoung’s own can and then gulped it empty. “Speaking of,” the eldest began who happened to calm with the aid of refreshment, “I will be out for tomorrow until maybe Sunday afternoon, Chaeng.” “Why?” Dahyun asked despite the statement not being directed to her. “Oh, Jihyo and I are going to celebrate our official third month of dating tomorrow,” Jeongyeon smilingly stated. The three freshmen let out their longest meaningful ooh towards the senior. “Are you cool with that, baby beast?” she asked the shortest one in the room. Chaeyoung nodded, “Absolutely cool with it. So where are you two going?” she mused.

 

The silver haired girl took a bite of her slice before she muttered her reply, “We’re going to hike and camp for the night.” She heard a chorus of mumblings before one of the three reacted to her little revelations. “That’s sounds like you, unnie,” the eagle said while she animatingly nodded her head. “Hey, what’s that supposed to mean?” Jeongyeon furrowed her brows together. “I don’t know,” Chaeyoung started to reason out to her best friend, “It’s sweet and romantic, but at the same time it's really practical and convenient to you.”

 

Dahyun began to continue the started explanations along the gestures of her hands, “You’ll get to show off to Jihyo unnie and at the same time teach her about the laws of the jungle.” The cub stared at Jeongyeon, “That’s super win-win to you, Jeong,” she nonchalantly ended their combined statements.

 

“So are you two going to do it under your tent, unnie?” the three whipped their heads at the directed question to the silver haired girl by none other than the unexpected quiet girl. The eagle leaned away from the backrest of the couch, doing the cub’s action earlier, “It’s reasonable, with the cold temperature at a high altitude and the calming nature.” Jeongyeon aggressively pointed at the eagle intruder, “Shut up, Dahyun!” she blushingly demanded. Chaeyoung just loudly sipped Tzuyu’s soda to interrupt the suddenly heated conversation inside the room, “Oh, they’re going to do it,” she confirmed. Jeongyeon groaned, like she usually do when she hit rock bottom with arguing to her friends. The eagle stretched her limbs before she looked at the flustered occupant, “It’s okay, unnie. It’s the growing urge of cou—“

 

The cub’s hand swiftly reached for another slice and put it inside the tofu’s running mouth, “No, Dahyun. We don’t want to hear the details.” Tzuyu followed the shortest one’s action and took the last slice from the box, “There’s still another slice after you finished that.” Jeongyeon grabbed the slice away from the youngest's possession, “I’ll be taking this.” Dahyun loudly swallowed before she could reply, “Thank you, unnie.” The silly girl gulped her own soda until it was empty before she could talk again, “Have fun with your celebration tomorrow, unnie,” she said, accompanied by a sketchy smile on her face.

 

“Oh no,” Jeongyeon sternly stated, “You two are still not ing allowed to be in our room when you three knows that I wouldn’t be home by night,” she said pointing at the tiger cub’s visitors. The topic must be serious for Jeongyeon to curse out of the blue when all the eagle did was to wish her a good time with her girlfriend. “What?” Chaeyoung shot to her roommate, “I’m too old to have a babysitter when you’re gone for the night, Jeong,” she begged. Jeongyeon chuckled, “Well, I know that,” she breathed, “But you remember my perfect scooter last semester?” “Well, yeah. Of course, I remember,” the cub mindlessly grinned at her best friend and her remaining memory of the black scooter. “What about you two?” the silver haired girl directed her question to the suddenly-turned-into-intruders visitors. The two nodded synchronously at the fuming dragon. “Why’d you asked, unnie?” Dahyun softly asked, trying to calm the tall girl.

 

The eldest whipped her head upwards as she sarcastically laughed at her question, “Why'd I asked? Because you,” she aggressively pointed at her best friend, “ing thrashed it over this idiot’s,” she pointed next to the eagle, “Dare.” “It wasn’t my fault. Dahyun dared me and swore she will hold accountability to whatever damage may happen to your scooter,” the tiger cub shook her head and raised both of her hands in the air, acting like she surrendered. “Not just me, shorty,” she scoffed at her accusations, “Tzuyu’s at fault here, too. She played the two of us with her masterminded idea.” “Me?” Tzuyu placed both of her hands on her chest, quite offended with the eagle’s own accusation, “The two of you could’ve simple said no to it.”

 

Jeongyeon meddled at the three very immature freshmen who decided that the best way to settle the score at one another was to slap each other’s body. “Hey!” she tried to call back their lost and forgotten senses and maybe humanity, “Stop, stop, stop!” She grabbed their arms — the eagle and the cub’s on her right and the puppy’s on her left. “That’s not the point here,” she stated in what her friends coined as her mom tone, “The point is you do not ing ramp a scooter on something the campus considered as important for the sake of thrill and fun of the night.”

 

“You do not ing ramp my perfectly working scooter across the campus fountain! You troublemakers!" she fumingly lectured the three. She let go of their arms and then flicked each of their foreheads. “Why?” Dahyun intervened as the three of them rubbed the part on their foreheads that were flicked. The silver haired girl facepalmed herself, “I just literally stated my reason, Dahyun!” The three sighed at the same time at the eldest’s final verdict to the topic. “Don’t make me the bad person here, last time was really over the top. Chaeng survived but was bruised a lot,” Jeongyeon stated and then sighed on her own. "Death defying!" Dahyun bravely commented with their problem at hand.

 

Chaeyoung groaned, “Come on, Jeong. We promise that we’ll behave for tomorrow night,” she said with pleading and deceiving eyes. The silver haired girl shook her head, “Until I graduated, no sleepovers from these troublemakers,” she eyed the other two freshmen. The girl stood from Tzuyu’s right, “After that, go nuts,” she said and then she messed the baby cub’s hair with a comforting smile, “But not until then, someone’s going to look after you for tomorrow and my other night outs in the future. Now if the three of you don't mind, I’d like to go pack my things for our hiking.” The three young ones stared at the eldest’s frame as it disappeared inside her private room. “And she wonders why we call her mom,” the cub mumbled to her sulky friends.

 

-------

 

A very early hour of Saturday, the tiger cub was awoken by three knocks and a soft voice from outside of her room. “Chaeng, breakfast’s ready,” her considerate roommate called. The short girl shuffled from her comfortable position before she groaned and moved her rusty body, caused by her sleep. Her roommate probably wanted to see her ate their last breakfast before she met up with her newly revealed girlfriend, and probably because she wanted to remind her about tonight’s protocols. She stepped out from her room and witnessed another fantastic breakfast that was only cooked by her best friend and served to her preferences.

 

Even for the couple’s early and special plan, Jeongyeon was still able to serve a fine breakfast for the two of them. She made heart-shaped waffles with whip cream on top with slices of bananas for  them. Her very artistic waffle pan was one of the products of her practical online shopping. “Hey, good morning,” she said as she eyed the tiger’s snail-like movements.

 

“Morning,” Chaeyoung lazily blinked to her surrounding, she noticed that her best friend’s preferred bags for their day were all ready and stacked near their front door. She smiled at her and then she moved her feet to the bathroom to groom herself ready for their breakfast. Few minutes passed, the cub’s face was washed and she looked a lot more energized than when she freshly stepped out from her room. She sat opposite to Jeongyeon and began to take a bite of her sweetened waffles. “Aren’t you two early for today?” she asked. “Yeah, we are but breakfast with baby beast would not hurt our schedule,” Jeongyeon smiled at her. Chaeyoung chuckled to her, “I bet, because you probably planned your celebration intricately.”

 

The tall girl scoffed, “You bet I did,” she proudly confessed, “Today’s going to be perfect and safe for her.” The other girl laughed, “I want to make a comment about the word safe, but knowing you’re bad taste for early ual jokes in the morning, I think I'll spare you on this one.” Jeongyeon lightly blushed and coughed, the same idea invaded her head, “Thank you.”

 

The two finished their breakfast in silence, neither wanted to disrupt the comfortable atmosphere in their little home. After few light arguments and shoving, Chaeyoung managed to convinced the clean-loving dragon that she would take care of their morning dishes and that Jeongyeon should better be moving. “Jihyo unnie’s going to drive the two you?” the cub mused, leaning her back on the couch while watching the tall girl strapped her backpack. “Yeah, she really wanted to impress me with her driving skill,” the dragon said as she straightened out her long-sleeved shirt. Chaeyoung hummed while she kept her eyes on her roommate, “Be careful, you two,” she said with a smile on her face. Jeongyeon looked over from her shoulder, “That goes without saying,” she said and then she returned the smile with her own grin, “Also, tell my message to your babysitter that there’s a newly bought toothbrush in the bathroom and she may use my bedroom for sleeping tonight.”

 

The cub nodded to the given little errand, and the silver dragon walked out of the room with an assured and excited heart.

 

-------

 

Mina slowly opened her eyes, she just woke from last night and her long silently deafening sleep. To put it lightly, her thoughts about a certain person was eating her alive. She was completely sabotaging herself and it was only a matter of time until her infiltrating

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter