Third time

Under Her Spell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saturday, Mina suddenly bolted from the loud barging and intruding sound coming from her door. At first, it caught the penguin off guard, but when the laughters became clear with the penguin's still dozing ears, she knew that those high-pitched voices were her shameless friends. Mina lifted her torso and looked up at her penguin digital clock on her night stand — 6:47 am. Mina helplessly flopped on her bed again.

 

She hugged her soft pillow against her beautiful morning face and groaned, "Momo, Sana, this is too early for me." Sometimes Mina regrets giving the two a spare key to her luxurious place, and sometimes it scares her how any moment Sana can clumsily lose that very small key. Even after Mina called out and begged her friends, they remained unfazed and shamelessly turned the television full blast on. The penguin stubbornly tried to go back to sleep again, she hoped this immense determination she was feeling will lull her back in her daydream.

 

The penguin heard her doorbell rung and what seemed to be a man's voice in her door, "Mina, should I should use your blue or black credit card?" Momo's voice resurfaced in the air. "You know what, there's cash in my purse," Mina bolted and removed herself completely from her comfortable, warm, and enticing bed. Momo walked where Mina's purse is and took the cash out. Mina watched her friends — Momo who's currently paying the man at the door, and Sana watching a morning show — They are so shameless, Mina finally sighed then headed to her (elegant) bathroom.

 

Mina washed her face with cold water to at least help herself to wake up, and then brushed her teeth clean. She left her bathroom and joined what she coined as shameless friends. "Ah! Good morning, our Mina," Sana waved her right hand while holding a slice of pizza. "Morfning, Mifna," Momo tried her best to greet the youngest one with pizza filled mouth.

 

The penguin's choice of pyjamas was an oversized white long sleeved button up shirt with the first two buttons ed. Mina grimaced at her friends' poor selection of breakfast, “You two, pizza is not a healthy breakfast." "It's food, Mina. What are you talking about?" Sana stated as she pass a slice to the penguin. "No, thank you. I'll just make us some coffee," Mina smiled back to her friend knowing she meant well for the penguin.

 

"By the way, how are you these days, Mina?" Momo asked while she watched the show on the television. "I'm fine," Mina replied from her coffee maker on her kitchen counter. It's a lie though, Mina thought. "I'm having this little crush that has been pestering me, Sana-ya, Momo-ya," the penguin said as quietly as she can, but to her surprise she found herself facing an amused raccoon and hamster.

 

-------

 

"I'm not dropping her name, just so you, two, know," Mina quietly sipped her coffee then placed it in front of them. The three of them were now on Mina's dark rose colored couch that screamed expensive in every possible language. Each of their coffee mugs was placed comfortably on the coffee table along the two pizza boxes that her visitors ordered earlier. Sana hugged Mina who was on her left, "Aw, it's a she and from our school. Our Mina is growing up so fast," this was the moment when Sana opened and the moment Mina started to regret opening up to them. It still baffles Mina how can Sana be so smart sometimes, knowing that Mina's someone is from their school. "Right? So, tell us what happened?" Momo added as she cuddled up with the two and completely sandwiching Mina.

 

"I revoke my earlier statement. I'm not dropping any name knowing you two won't be able to keep it to yourselves," Mina declared to the two before she started her story. The two synched and obediently nodded to the penguin's declaration. "So, I met her from one of my friends and we just kind of hung out and talked for a while," Mina stated with a visible conflict on her face, “I know, it's bit rushed and it's not going to be a long story but I just really really find her charismatic, beautiful, kind, and adorable," Mina remembered the cub as those words left her lips. The penguin then pulled her knees to her chest and buried her face onto it, “I don't know, Momo, Sana, but she's been plaguing my mind since our meeting," Mina with a heavy heart muffled to the two.

 

"Why on earth do you sound so sad?" Sana interjected. This left a confused look on the penguin, "Excuse me?" Mina asked the older one. "Yeah, Mina, why are you sad about it? It's not bad to fall for your someone," Momo stated like it was a matter of fact. Mina, for the second time around, felt like her friends were just stating the obvious. "For someone who has top grades in her studies, you're pretty dumb," Momo patted the conflicted penguin's head. "Be quiet, Momo," Mina puffed her cheeks to the eldest. Sana chimed again to the conversation, “All we are saying is that there's nothing wrong to it. If you liked her so sudden then it's fine, nothing wrong with it," the hamster showed her straight teeth and added, "Besides, your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter