Two Types of

Under Her Spell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jealousy, a unique spice that could affect a brewing concoction in a bubbling cauldron, and one must not dare to play with its power despite the urges to do so. Comparable to a deceitful goddess in the forest of unknown or a siren singing a death song to the hypnotised sea voyagers, jealousy has an underlying danger of its own. Fingers must be kept in place and never dare to close to the spinning wheel or the beautiful fire. It could prick, burn, or bite one back in the arse. 

 

"Don't worry, this will not take long, Yeri," Chaeyoung said as she dragged her new friend at her own will. The friend sighed in defeat and followed the cub's footsteps, "It better not, I have to be in this make up class within ten minutes." She eyed Yeri who was busy with looking to the screen of her phone. "I can drag you some other time if only she isn't already dying to meet you," she added with conviction. 

 

Wednesday with the setting sun, the cub decided to finally introduce her new friend to her penguin since she was being reminded about it. Unlike her, her unfortunate friend still had one last subject before she could be free from the responsibilities inside the university. The mood for today was really perfect to spend it to meet new people so Chaeyoung quickly made use of it. "I texted Mina to meet us up so you won't have to walk a great distance back to your classroom," she said while looking back to her. "Mina is in the med department, right?" Yeri asked which the cub answered with a nod. "I mean, like how?" the slightly shorter girl followed up with a grin, "You're this awkward art kid who's generally bad at making new friends but you still somehow get a girl who's probably too perfect to be existing in this God awful world?" The cub chuckled while shaking her head to her remarks. Kim Yerim was also from the literature department and had probably spent a great time with books for her to be so manipulative with her use of words. Within two weeks of their friendship, she had already told her new friend about her and the penguin. She had shared the idea of Mina to Yeri – from how gentle and caring the elegant girl was up to the fact of her natural selflessness.

 

Also not long from their days together, Yeri had figured out the missing piece of the puzzle that Chaeyoung was the infamous art freshman of last semester. In less than a week, she understood why the girl was being so awkward and reluctant to new people in her life, and in less than two weeks, the cub had completely warmed up to her. They're of the less than 160 centimetres, from the same year, and their friendship gears just turned smoothly. "Not to mention, that she was making you to try new things for your own good," Yeri continued her wonders, "And I believe that she's making the wild tiger to behave accordingly." She paced her feet quickly until they were walking side by side. "Right?" she raised her brows, indicating something deeper, "You wouldn't catch yourself sleeping with strangers like you used to, right?" she repeated clearly. Chaeyoung scoffed and answered, "Shut it." This earned her a laugh from her history friend. "But yeah, she makes me to behave," she shrugged her shoulder to her, "Guess, I am really tamed now."

 

"That my friend is a whipped energy," Yeri replied while pointing to the cub's chest. Chaeyoung scoffed and then groaned, "I am subtly regretting this decision." They walked side by side until the cub could see the waving penguin in her point of view. She waved back and then urged her friend to follow her. "Is that her?" Yeri asked as she traced her friend's train of sight. Chaeyoung hummed before smiling directly to the penguin. The literature student eyed the elegant girl, wearing a long light brown coat in pair with denim jeans and stilettos and a black leather bag in her right arm. The cub just laughed when she heard her new friend said, "She looks expensive." When they stood right in front of the penguin, she quickly checked up on her, "Sorry, were you waiting?" Mina shook her head sideways before glancing to the girl beside the baby tiger.

 

Yeri bowed her head, knowing that the med student is older, and then greeted her. "Nice to meet you, Yeri," Mina offered a gummy smile which the other freshman returned with her own adorable smile. "Nice to meet you, too," Yeri replied and then eyed the art student. She grinned knowingly to her, sending out alerting shivers to her spine. "Technically, my first guess about her is correct, Chaeng," she side commented. Chaeyoung raised her right brow and asked back, "What?" Yeri chuckled before she continued, "I wouldn't be so surprise if your girl is also your mommy – a sugarly kind." She grinned once again when she witnessed how the cub flushed deep red. She then flashed her eyes to the taller girl, also blushing to her abrupt piece of mind. "What the hell is wrong with you, Yerim?" Chaeyoung groaned before burying her face to the palms of her hands. Mina looked away and cover with her left hand before letting out a contained laugh.

 

The cub held onto the penguin's shoulders and looked at her eyes directly, "Mina, no. You'll only encourage her bad jokes." "But you're the same and I still laugh at every one of them," the penguin smiled gently to the troubled girl. Yeri burst into laughter because of her words, "Is that a burn?" she asked innocently. "I think it is," the penguin smilingly confirmed.

 

"She points finger to my jokes when hers are worse," Yeri dramatically sighed to the other two. "Shut up," Chaeyoung glared. The other short girl leaned to the cub and closed her lips to her right ear, "But seriously, she's emitting this expensive sugar mommy energy," she whispered carefully – not planning for Mina to hear their not so innocent topic. Once more, Chaeyoung blushed, ears blaring red from her private observations. Mina blinked her eyes to the two freshmen, curious about their whisperings. Yeri clasped her hands together loudly to break the penguin's curious stare. "Great!" she exclaimed and then looking again for the time on her phone, "I have to go, Mina," she paused shortly, "Unnie? Is that okay?" The penguin nodded her head and then hummed, "Mhm, you can call me like that." Chaeyoung let go of the elegant girl's shoulders as she readied herself to say goodbye to her friend. "It's short but I'm glad that I finally meet Son Chaeyoung's sug—"

 

Yeri was cut off when Chaeyoung swiftly yet lightly hit her side. "Use the correct words," the cub reminded warningly. "Girl," the literature student quickly followed it up, "I still have one more class for today but let's hang out sometime and talk behind her back." She stated while pointing back to her friend. Mina laughed and nodded obediently, "I'm glad to finally meet you, too, and thank you for accepting her to be your friend." "Charity works, I guess," she jokingly answered and then acting of shrugging her shoulders nonchalantly. The penguin laughed again to her but the cub was very much already furrowing her brows at her. Yeri waved and retreated before Chaeyoung could retort to her. The two watched her until she was far enough from their spot. "She's very much like you," the penguin commented, "With all the teasing and mature rated jokes."

 

"That short introduction was exhausting," the cub replied while massaging the sides of her head. Mina smiled before she took her right hand to her left, "Come on, you don't mean that." "Yeah, I do," Chaeyoung pouted, making the penguin's heart to squeal in her chest. Not planning to have an endless argument with the denial cub, the elegant girl started to walk along with her to their new destination. Their next destination wasn't a unit in eighth floor of an expensive building, but a place where they could eat their early dinner together. She eyed the quiet cub, "So what did she whisper to you?" she softly asked to her – aware how the younger girl blushed to her friend's secret words. Chaeyoung coughed awkwardly before answering, "You don't have to know or worry about it," she smiled just so she could convince her to not mind about what Yeri had said to her. "Why?" the penguin pouted. She only asked about it thinking that she could tease the art student with it. The cub mimicked the action, "Because I said so." "Great point of argument," Mina replied sarcastically while still pouting – her plan a failure. Chaeyoung just squeezed her hand and focused back to their direction.

 

-------

 

No one should think about playing with the flames on their bare hands and let alone dare to do it. One should not trust the beautiful flames for it was deceitful and calculative. No one should play and feed its desire because by the time one realised it, they will be long lost to the fire – caught in its own pleasure. Son Chaeyoung begged to differ for she enjoyed the subtle wariness and heightening of Myoui Mina's instincts when she dangerously play along with jealousy. Days passed after the penguin first encountered her new friend, the cub was already on the move to fulfill Mina's wishes. To make her jealous when right time comes.

 

She was actually not sure whether the right time had arrived. All she knew was that Mina had another side to show to her when subjected to her blatant yet little flirtation with others. She wouldn't go as far as to pull a random person and kiss them accordingly to her own preferences, but she did it fully well that her actions was affecting the penguin. The first time she had experimented with the potential of jealousy was when they decided to have coffee before their next class. Chaeyoung had skilfully and purposively landed her hand atop the waitress' own hand when she returned the menu to her. Mina had taken note of her actions and glanced down to their hands. She just quickly took her eyes off of them but that didn't mean that the cub didn't notice her own actions. The experimentation of Son Chaeyoung continued every time they were somewhere together – in cafe, restaurants, and even the library when she kept her company. The cub managed to send out dimpled smiles and winks to strangers, slowly pushing the penguin's buttons.

 

From one woken night, Chaeyoung decided to call Mina as she told her that she had missed dinner because of an unwelcome and unduly nap. Of course, the elegant girl happily obliged for she also missed out the time for her dinner because of her university works. They met shortly to a chill food place that was relatively packed for the night. Music was playing in the background along with the laughter and conversations of other customers. Some of them were drinking on their tables. It was like a club minus the sweaty and uncontrolled heavy drunkards. The place was more like a local chill pub with adults trying to relax for the night. The cub held the penguin's hand as they entered the place, "They serve the greatest meat here," she told her as they picked out their table. Grills sizzled loudly and smokes freely flowed in the air. "Jeongyeon and I usually eat here when she's not feeling to cook for the two of us," she added as she watched Mina sat opposite to her.

 

Chaeyoung ordered some pork belly to grill, kimchi stew, and rice. The cub happily ate the scrumptious food in front of her. While the penguin, who was also happy for the food, was captivated by the hungry tiger. "What were you doing before you fell asleep?" Mina asked, starting a conversation. Chaeyoung chewed the content of before answering, "Was doing homework, you? What were you doing before this?"

 

"Proofreading a report after I finished studying," the penguin answered. The cub hummed then nodded, "Did I disturb you with your works?" Mina closed her eyes and shook her head, "No, I finished reading in time for this." She gestured to the food on their table and smiled gently to her, earning her a relieved sigh from the tiger. When Mina looked around, she observed that the place had got busier. Music was turned up a little louder to muffle the sound of intruding conversations all over the place, giving the customers chances to focus on their own. They continued to fill their stomach quietly until Chaeyoung decided to break the silence. "What is it that you are observing?" the cub smiled at her. The penguin bit her lower lip as she continued to look around the place, "There's suddenly a lot of people here," she murmured – not even sure if the younger girl had heard her.

 

The cub drank her water before she did the same. She looked and observed around the place, realising that Mina was right. The two look at one side and saw fine coworkers having a celebratory drink for the evening. No wonder, the food place had gone a lot noisier. The bunch were drinking beer as they laughed their lungs out to the fullest. She glanced back to the ever curious penguin and then asked, "Should we order some drinks, too?" Mina eyed her, "Soju?" "Yeah?" Chaeyoung tentatively answered.  "Wait, are you even done for tonight? I don't want to ask you for a drink if you're still going to study tonight," she added her concerns. The penguin smiled reassuringly, "It's good, I'm done for tonight," she said.

 

"So soju?" Chaeyoung confirmed for one last time. Mina nodded and replied, "Okay." The cub took one last bite before she stood from her seat, "I'll just order some." "Will I be worried if I have to walk you home or let you stay at my place?" the penguin asked – both in serious and joking tone. The art student chuckled, "We're not going to drink hard," she stated, "Just courtesy to keep ourselves heated." Mina hummed her affirmation then Chaeyoung headed her way to make an order. The place was so busy to the point that the number of staffs were lagging behind their works at hand, leaving the cub to approach someone and to request for their bottled drinks. Her eyes never left the small frame of the cub.

 

She watched her talked heartily to the girl by the counter, giving out light conversation that made the female staff to laugh. One contradicting fact about Chaeyoung was despite her natural awkwardness to the people in their university, the cub was really good at dealing with strangers. Past that awkwardness was a charming tiger that could swoon any man or woman with just her words or simple actions. It was like a good qualification that she could put up in her resume. Coldness ran to Mina's bones as she zero-degree stared to the unsightly view. Chaeyoung took two regular bottles of soju and thanked the girl. The penguin glanced away when the cub turned herself back to their table.

 

Aware of her chosen path of actions, Chaeyoung grinned victoriously. She grew familar of that stare of the penguin. That cold blank stare she sent every time the cub was doing her purposive flirtations. Chaeyoung, herself, was also good at observations when if it was in her favour. Mina ate another bite from their order before looking back again to her, acting coolly about the fact that the shorter girl was flirting with someone again. The cub grinned internally because once again, Mina decided not to react to it and just let it pass. That was one of the reason why she kept on doing it. She had to press her buttons – to make her jealous – and see the outcome of it. After all, she did say that she will be jealous when the right time comes and the cub was only expecting something from her. Also, she finds the penguin adorable in her own nature of jealousy.

 

It wasn't like that she was playing with her heart because she would never. It was because she meant what she had said to her. I'm yours, she smiled to the thought. She simply just wanted for Mina to live for her words – to be a little selfish for once because the truth was she never had the chance to be one. I am really falling for you, she confessed as she sat again herself quietly. She then situated the small glass to the table, opened a bottle of soju, and then slid the two items to the penguin's side. Mina eyed her on the opposite. "This will be our first time to drink together, just the two of us," Chaeyoung stated while all smiling to her. She did the courtesy of pouring a shot for her. "Indeed," the penguin replied before downing the content of the small glass. She closed her eyes and pursed her lips from the taste, earning her a laugh from the baby cub. "That's good, that's good," the art student complimented, feeling proud of the elegant girl. The other girl slid back the bottle and the glass to her – urging her to mirror the earlier action.

 

Later on, small glass was refilled repeatedly with the alcohol drink. The first bottle was consumed in less than forty-seven minutes along with bubbly conversation of the two. After the first bottle, the intoxicating effect of the drink was slowly affecting their system. Their heads were starting to get fogged, but not enough to consider them as full-pledged drunks for the night. Third quarter through the last bottle, Chaeyoung had found herself not sitting in front of the penguin but beside her with her right hand draped across the span of her shoulders – whispering sweet nothings directly to her ear. Mina drunkenly giggled to the tickling caresses of her soft lips to her ear tip. She drank another from the shot glass before she heard the cub husked again to her ear, "Are you already drunk, Mina?" the cub questioned. Mina slowly turned her head to face her. Faces just inches away from each other, "Quite drunk," she answered while staring hungrily down on her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter