Space Cowboy AU (Jongyu, Ontae, Jongtae)

drabbles

Pairings: Jongyu, Ontae, Jongtae in this bit

This is a re-post from my Tumblr that I originally posted back in September when we found out what the Tell Me Your Name choreography looked like, you know, when shawols everywhere were wrecked, myself included. There were some tweets imagining Onew/Jinki doing the choreography and I remembered that I'd written that AU. These are my favorite tidbits (glass ceiling included). 

Jjong is a space cowboy/bounty hunter, Taemin is the owner of a club called “The Dollhouse,” Key is a doll with some very unique talents, Minho is the bartender/bouncer, and Jinki/Jinx is THE DOLL.

(I do have plans to finish this story, but since it's a Jongyu story, it's been hard.)


 

“It’s time for the main event.” Taemin announces, his voice booming through the club from an unseen microphone embedded in his skin. The crowd of people, patrons and dolls, cheer and clap loudly all around Jonghyun.

Jonghyun looks around, confused. Everyone starts to look up, their eyes turning up towards the ceiling. Jjong furrows his eyebrows, looking over at Taemin instead, who’s reaching for a satin rope tasseled cord on the far side of the room. Taemin yanks the cord and the ceiling starts to ripple, rapidly disappearing. The ceiling is in fact not a ceiling at all, but a piece of fabric strewn tautly across the true ceiling above them, one made of pure glass.

The room is much higher than Jonghyun thought, it was an additional 3 meters.

On top of the glass, lies a , writhing man. The man’s body undulates as he moves on top of the glass. It’s beyond hypnotic how his hips roll against the glass.

Jonghyun thinks it’s funny, they were the ones looking up at the writhing doll and he was the one, all alone in a large empty space, looking down at them. Jonghyun imagined they looked like gerbils in a cage from up there.

But, who really was in the cage and who was free?

The doll continues his sensual dance, leaning forward to the glass as he arches his back. He makes eye contact with Jonghyun, his eyes unnaturally bright blue and Jonghyun forgets how to breathe.

For all the going on around him, everyone is riveted. is exchanged easily, yet everyone responds to the man’s coy looks, the scent of arousal thickens intensely in the room, spurring the hedonism in the room.


“He’s beautiful, isn’t he?” Taemin asks.

“Yes, I’ve never seen anyone like him.” Jonghyun replies, looking up at the doll still on the ceiling.

“No, there is no one like him for galaxies and galaxies.” Taemin agrees.

“I’ll pay you anything you want to spend the night with him.” Jonghyun says quickly, meeting Taemin in the eyes. “I’ll pay you 1,000,000 units.”

Taemin smirks.

“Anything you want can be bought.” Taemin leans down next to Jonghyun, his head just next to his, pointing to the lit white shadow box stages, the various dolls engaging in all sorts of acts with patrons and each other. “Hell, even I, myself,” Taemin gives him a playful look, his lingering gaze Jjong’s entire body like an invisible hand. “…can be bought for the right price. Except that one.” Taemin points up to the writhing doll on the glass ceiling. “That one is mine.” Taemin’s voice is no longer is playful, it has a biting edge and the menacing look on his face makes it clear that anyone who disagrees with his claim will be dealt with swiftly. “Have a good evening.” The menacing look on Taemin’s face is gone as quickly as it appeared. Taemin smiles and smacks the side of Jjong’s face with more force than necessary, before leaving to attend to another patron.