Onkey Coworker AU: First Day

drabbles

Pairing: Onkey (Kibum x Jinki)

Summary: This was inspired by a Tumblr prompt. Kibum starts working at the same company as Jinki. Their coworkers know they are both married, but no one knows that they are actually married to each other. So, people end up thinking that Onkey are having an affair and cheating on their respective spouses. I don’t have a title yet, but I’m thinking “Rumor has it,” or “Talk about town,” something along those lines, so maybe someone can help me and suggest something else (pls help lol).

This is from the morning of Kibum’s first day. It is super domestic and fuzzy. Junghee and Minho are their kids and literally I just wanted to write something where they are all happy.


“How do you feel about your first day, Kibum?”

“They’re not gonna know what hit them.” Kibum says, his eyes meeting Jinki’s in the mirror. “D-does this shirt look okay?” Kibum asks, turning around to look at his reflection in the mirror.

Jinki smiles, coming up to place his hands on Kibum’s shoulders and turning him towards him. “Yes. You look great.” He says, pulling Kibum towards him to give him a reassuring kiss before letting his hands smooth out the lines of Kibum’s freshly-pressed shirt.

Kibum looks at him, a small sigh of gratitude before returning Jinki’s smile.

Kibum claps his hands together, the unsure look on his face completely gone. “I have to go early to fill out some HR documents. Can you—”

Jinki interrupts him before he can finish speaking. “Already on it. Where are those munchkins anyway? Kids!” He yells as he makes it to the kitchen to check in on Junghee and Minho, who are finishing up their breakfasts.

Minho starts bouncing in his highchair as soon as he sees Jinki coming. “Daddy! Daddy!”

Jinki leans in to give Minho a kiss on his soft baby cheek and smooth back his hair. “Hi sweetie. You enjoying your waffle?”

Minho beams and babbles as he attempts to jab another forkful into his mouth, making a mess.

Thank god for bibs and wet wipes. Jinki thinks, smiling.

“And how about you, baby?” He says, turning his attention to Junghee. “How’s my girl this morning?”

“Good, Daddy!” Junghee replies, smiling in her chair.

“Awww, that makes me so happy, baby.” Jinki says, smiling back at her. He looks at the doorway before dropping his voice to a whisper. “Baby, will you give Daddy a bite? Just one bite?”

Junghee nods. Jinki opens his mouth as Junghee feeds him some waffle. He closes his eyes as he chews slowly, savoring it. Junghee giggles at his happy eating face.

“Lee Jinki!” Kibum says, appearing in the doorway and Jinki opens his eyes, smiling sheepishly, at being caught red-handed.

“Sorry, babe. I’m weak. Please forgive me.” Jinki pouts, putting his hands together in an apology.

Kibum rolls his eyes as he opens the fridge to put the juice away. “Jinki, you were the one who wanted to lose weight.”

“I know! I know! But low-carb is just… it’s so hard.” Jinki sighs.

“O-out! Daddy, out!” Minho yells as he starts to shift in his highchair, tugging on his bib.

Jinki looks down, “All done?” he asks Minho, grateful for any distraction to avoid getting scolded by Kibum. Minho nods his head. “♪All done~♪” Jinki sings as he undoes the bib and wipes Minho’s hands and face before letting him down.

“Junghee, are you done too?” Kibum says from the kitchen. “Can you bring Minho’s and your plates to Papa?”

“Yes, Papa!” Jinki hands her Minho’s plate and helps Junghee push her chair away from the island.

“How about we get you dressed?” Jinki says, looking down to Minho, who darts off immediately, evading Jinki’s arms. Jinki takes off after him.

“Wow, thank you so much, Junghee for helping clear the table!” Kibum says as she reaches him. 

“You’re welcome, Papa!” Junghee smiles, coming to stand next to him.

He looks down at her as he washes the plates. “Okay, snickerdoodle. Daddy is going to drive you to school today. Papa starts his new job, so he has to leave early. Sound okay?”

Junghee smiles shyly, turning her face into Kibum’s pant leg as she hugs his leg. “Yes, Papa.”

“Huh? My leg is suddenly so heavy. That’s funny. I swear my leg wasn’t this heavy earlier.” Kibum says as he turns off the faucet and reaches for the hand towel.

Junghee giggles. “It’s ‘cause I’m here, Papa!”

“Oh, Junghee! Where did you come from?” Kibum grabs her arms, pulling her quickly into the air with a little throw before hugging her tightly to his chest.

“Okay, snickerdoodle. Papa’s going to go now.” He says, giving her a kiss on the cheek. “Will you do Papa a favor and go find Daddy and Minho?” Junghee nods and he sets her down. He watches as she scampers off. Yelling out, Kibum says “Jinx! I’m leaving. I’ll see you at lunch!”

“OKAY!!” Jinki replies from somewhere further in the house, his voice muffled. There is a burst of happy giggles and shrieks as Kibum turns to leave.