jeepney love story

jeongcheol imagines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: fluff
Setting: foreign exchange students in the Philippines

--

After minutes of searching, Jeonghan couldn't find a bus nor a taxi on the road. It's already getting late, how was he supposed to go home?

Then he spotted his fellow Korean classmate and sworn enemy, Choi Seungcheol, making his way out of the university building. They live near each other so why not follow where he goes instead?

But Jeonghan couldn't risk doing that, because Seungcheol just purposely ruined his artwork during class. It appeared that when Seungcheol was talking, a drop of saliva came out of his mouth and landed on Jeonghan's masterpiece, which disappointed the blondie real bad.

Seungcheol just called him overreacting.

Whatever, after that certain intersection, we'll part ways. Might as well just go wherever he goes to get home fast. Knowing that his classmate has been in the Philippines for five years now, Jeonghan trusted him a little for speaking fluent Tagalog. Surely Seungcheol must alreay know how to go home, unlike a fresh newbie like him who's spending his first week here.

Jeonghan swallowed all his pride and sneakily walked behind Seungcheol.

It has not taken minutes for the older boy to play dumb. He turned around and asked, "Are you following me?"

"Yes because my mom told me to follow my dreams-"

"What?"

"I mean, NO!" Jeonghan replied a little too quickly, which made him more obvious than ever. He was ready to slap himself for slipping. "I was just, you know, just going the same way! Why, can't I?"

"Don't tell me you don't know how to go home to our Korean village."

"I do know how to!" Jeonghan retorted, but the worried look in his eyes revealed his true panicking state to Seungcheol. He was already blushing non-stop at this point. Being caught stalking is one thing, but sensing that he doesn't know how to go home is another.

"You're pretty." Seungcheol smiled, and caught Jeonghan completely off-guard.

Before the younger could in, he spoke again.

"Pretty dumb."

"Why, you little-"

"If you want to go home with me, then I'm willing to accompany you," Seungcheol smirked in a kind of good way, but to Jeonghan that smirk is nothing but trouble. "In one condition: you have to go home with me everyday. Think of us as commute buddies."

"...I don't trust you." The latter firmly said.

"Fine. Take it or leave it." Seungcheol said with a sigh, it was clear that he was saddened even the tiniest bit. He started walking away, leaving Jeonghan hanging.

"Wait!" The magic word spun Seungcheol around. "I'll... I'll commute with you."

"Great, now to save time, we have to catch a jeepney. Jeepneys have way lower fares than taxis and buses but most of them are low quality and hot inside, yet they'll do." Seungcheol informed Jeonghan, and all the other did was nod.

He was really nervous about commuting with this guy. How can enemies inside school become 'commute buddies' outside school?

"Oh wait, there's one!" Seungcheol pointed out to a jeepney heading towards their direction.


Jeonghan hesitantly peeked at the inside of the jeepney, only to find that it was already jampacked with people. "We should find another one, this one's totally-"

"No, let's get in. I have an idea." Seungcheol insisted, grabbing Jeonghan's sweaty hand, pulling him inside.

The other looked at Seungcheol with disbelief. Seungcheol was already seated but there was no more space for Jeonghan to sit down.

"Are you serious? Where will I sit, then?"

Seungcheol looked up to him with a devilish, illegal grin spreading on his face. "On my lap."

He then grabbed Jeonghan's narrow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter