Jae - Hugs and Kisses

DAY6 DREAMS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Description: When you’ve had a hard day at work, and Jae is there to comfort you.

Credits: puuung1 on Instagram; do check out their work, the art style reminds me of Jae so much! :)

For krissoom19970; I hope it's what you're looking for!

-----

Pulling into the parking lot, you let out a deep sigh as you sink into the seat. As you twist your neck from side to side, you hear the sockets in your neck pop, bringing some short-lived relief from the tension that’s been in your neck the entire day. You can still feel the tightness in your shoulders, but hopefully a patch would do the trick later. Reaching over to the passenger seat to grab your bag, you wince harshly at the sharp pain from your lower back. You must have hit a nerve.

You catch a glimpse of your lock screen, a wistful smile making an appearance on your face. It was the last selfie you took with Jae 2 months ago before he went on tour, and you haven’t seen him since. Your relationship was sustained through constant texting and late night Skype calls, lasting way into the early mornings. Sometimes you momentarily regret staying up so late with him when you arrive to work dead beat, but for him it’s worth it.

He’s finally coming back tomorrow, another 24 hours without him. You can do this Y/N.

Stepping out of the car, you made the slow walk home to your apartment, taking your time opening the door. Swinging the door open, the first thing you noticed were that the lights were on.

Did I forget to off them this morning? Argh I must have, what a waste of electricity…

You were about the flip the switch before the sound of thundering footsteps drew your attention away from your current task. Turning around, you spot a very familiar lanky figure with a mop of light brown hair charging towards you at full speed.

Your husband was home.

“Jae!”

You spread your arms out wide, getting ready to embrace him but you didn’t even have time to give him a proper hug before he picked you up from the floor, twirling you around the entire living room. You were now clinging onto him for dear life, peals of laughter spilling from your lips. Jae finally puts you down after making 1 round throughout the entire living room, not letting go even after your feet has touched the ground. He nestles his face into your hair, deeply inhaling the scent of your peach shampoo that he loved so much. He holds you close by your shoulders, pressing a kiss into your hair. Only then was he satisfied to release you, giving you a chance to question him.

“Aren’t you supposed be home tomorrow darling?”

“Yea but I changed my flight to an earlier one.”

“That must have cost you a lot.”

“A few hundred.”

“You didn’t have to, you know. You could have saved the money.”

“Well, yea it’s true. I do value money but I know I miss you more than I will miss the money and hence the decision.”

You laugh at his ridiculous reasoning, unable to argue with him except to peck him on the lips.

“Welcome home Jae.”

“Hmmm, I miss your kisses babe.”

“Ok, shall I give you one more then?”

“Why are we only stopping at one?”

You chuckle at his cheeky request, but you continue to indulge him with the kisses that he’s missed so much.

“Yea this feels so much better than all the flying kisses you give me over the screen during our Skype calls.”

“Of course.”

You pull back to look at his handsome face that you missed so much, tracing your fingers over the bridge of his nose before bopping the tip of it. However, Jae wasn’t enjoying it as much as you were. He frowned when he observed your face, noticing your pale complexion and darker eye bags. Removing his hands from your cheeks, he gently places his fingers on your chin, tilting it from side to side to get a better look at your face.

“Babe, have you been eating well? You look like you lost a lot of weight, your cheeks are hollower now and they’re not as fluffy as before…”

“Have I? I didn’t notice.” You bring your hands up to pat your cheeks, indeed being able to feel them sinking in more than usual.

“It’s been a rough time at work huh? My poor baby…”

“Yea.. and it’s a particularly rough day today. Tell you about it later. Let me go clean up first?”

“Yea sure babe, go ahead. I’ll run the bath for you.”

Pressing a kiss into your forehead, Jae finally detaches himself from you as he runs to the start the bath, albeit a little reluctantly. His touch lingers at the ends of your fingertips, and you’re already missing being able to hold him.

The bath is nice and warm the moment you step in, courtesy of Jae. You realise he even remembered to put in the lavender scented oil, the loud thought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter